I Wanna Be The Forums!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Gaiden 1.2 patch released. Click here to download!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Hardest Part In IWBTG  (Read 33932 times)

Rash

• View Profile
Re: Hardest Part In IWBTG
« Reply #45 on: January 27, 2008, 01:05:59 pm »

People keep saying the Spike Corridor. There are so many spikes in this game; which part is that?
« Last Edit: January 27, 2008, 01:12:03 pm by Rash »
A Very Neat Monster

SmashFiles

• Your not a true gamer, until you beat IWBTG
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Account
« Reply #46 on: January 27, 2008, 01:08:50 pm »

People keep saying the Spike Corridor. There are so many spikes in this game; which room is that?
The one in ghosts and ghouls, the corridor with the spikes going up and down.
[size=135]Look down your shirt, if you get a boner, than you know your fat.[/size]
On a completely different note, it appears that I'm banned in 27 countries.

Rash

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 27, 2008, 01:12:33 pm »

Oh okay. Then, I agree. It's possibly the most infuriatingly difficult part of the game thus far. The only real problem is that last perfectly-timed movement you have to make. If it wasn't for that, the whole part would be really easy. However, unlike certain other parts of IWBTG, the split-second timing is so exact that even with constant repetition and practice, there's a limit to how easily the task can actually be pulled off.
A Very Neat Monster

masamunemaniac

• Trying to be The Guy
    • View Profile
    • Cardmaster Conflict
« Reply #48 on: January 31, 2008, 11:03:13 am »

The Ghouls & Goblins spike corridor. The problem with that part is that it's not fun. It's just a couple of spikes that you have to time perfectly to get past. No other part in the game annoyed me that much - while I might go accruing 100 deaths on a single other screen, I'd still enjoy myself while doing so.

The part I spent longest on though was Mother Brain, but that was because I was being a retard and refusing to try out different strategies :P

Rash

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 31, 2008, 11:46:36 pm »

Hardest part is probably The Guy.

I mean, for a boss who's initial stage is a cakewalk, it sure is easy to screw up a lot. Sometimes I wish I could just save/load a state right after I shoot out his eyes for the first time.
A Very Neat Monster

SuperKid

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 01, 2008, 06:44:34 am »

for now i think here from harder ot easier

1. Mother Brain
2. "Spikes Corredor" - The place with the fast spikes
3. Dracula

Shazarava

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 01, 2008, 06:04:29 pm »

Dracula is the hardest bss.I think the spike corridor is actually easy now.Anyone who has beaten 3-5 bosses will say that, if they whent back and retried it.

SmashFiles

• Your not a true gamer, until you beat IWBTG
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Account
« Reply #52 on: February 12, 2008, 09:30:56 pm »

I am reviving this dark dank thread, it was one with quite alot of comments so i decided to bring it back for the newer members.
[size=135]Look down your shirt, if you get a boner, than you know your fat.[/size]
On a completely different note, it appears that I'm banned in 27 countries.

dsk

• Lawful Evil Moderator
  • Global Moderator
  • The Guy
  • Like a phoenix
    • View Profile
    • Youtube videos!
« Reply #53 on: February 13, 2008, 04:41:26 am »

Necroing = bad. Especially if it was on the second page. Was it on the second page?

QBall

• I died again
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 13, 2008, 08:06:50 am »

I like this thread, bumping saves loads of clones popping up (for when this game goes global).

I have to agree with everyone who has said the spike corridor so far, an absolute travesty of a level - the final bit is so unfair and i only pull it off about 1 time out of  a hundred. Dracula was a bugger also.

Something nobody has really mentioned yet, the level right of the starting screen, with the spike wall chasing you along. You get about one minute practising wall jumping, which is horribly implemented, then an absolute bugger of a challenge. :D
I am the worst gamer ever, the worst speedrunner ever, and the worst iwbtg player ever. However, i made the wikipedia article.

Yonin

• I wanna be the kid!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 13, 2008, 08:27:28 am »

It's easily the moving spikes in goblins and ghost area. I played mother brain area so much that I can do it without dying all the time now. Those spikes almost always get me though, very, very, very, very annoying.
IWBTG goals&achievements:
[X]Beat med-vhard with 0 deaths
[X]Beat med-vhard under 45 minutes
[X]Beat boss rush mode under 15 minutes
[  ]Beat impossible mode(i wish)

Chronomaster

• Looks like someone needs to take a pill
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 13, 2008, 10:39:40 am »

KHAN!!!!

I mean, SPIKE CORRIDOR.
Really though, the GnG area is pretty hard altogether. However, I have to say Tourian is probably the most disappointing. One slip up, and you have to start all over again on VHard. Let's not even talk about Impossible, since you have to start over from the beginning no matter where you die.

Joseli7o

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 13, 2008, 12:41:54 pm »

It's easily the moving spikes in goblins and ghost area. I played mother brain area so much that I can do it without dying all the time now. Those spikes almost always get me though, very, very, very, very annoying.
Well, I found that if you jump the last ones as soon as possible, after landing from the previous jump, it's always the correct timing.
Never died on the last ones anymore...

Rash

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 13, 2008, 12:46:23 pm »

With a second playthrough, everything in the game is significantly easier, even the GnG area and especially the bosses (although, Drac is probably the toughest to replay because he can still spawn like a sunovabitch).

I think the last time I played through the upper path I got past the spike corridor in three tries as compared to the 50-100 it took me the first time.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2008, 12:48:15 pm by Rash »
A Very Neat Monster

Kitty

• What a furry.
  • Administrator
  • The Guy
  • ねこみみん is happy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 13, 2008, 04:35:06 pm »

However, I have to say Tourian is probably the most disappointing. One slip up, and you have to start all over again on VHard. Let's not even talk about Impossible, since you have to start over from the beginning no matter where you die.
I'm hating this right now, actually.
=<
So adorable! <333
Quote from: Zuks
Quote from: Cat
I think it's raining.
Are you sure there isn't just some weird sky leak above your head?

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6