I Wanna Be The Forums!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Gaiden 1.2 patch released. Click here to download!

Author Topic: i wanna kill the ochípi v1.3.0  (Read 5622 times)

Uncle Ochipi

• hello
    • View Profile
    • my twich channel
i wanna kill the ochípi v1.3.0
« on: January 28, 2014, 10:12:56 pm »

hello, this is a new version

i wanna kill the ochipi,

a pic of the 1 stage:
version 1.0.0(before)

version 1.2.0(after)

this game has a moderate difficulty ...
now in version 1.3.0 have 4 worlds and 4 bosses
but if you like the game let me know, so that'll be more eager to continue with the project, the less desire and ideas to other worlds and heads there
----------------------------------------------------------
change log v1.2.0
----------------------------------------------------------

changelog in this new version
-more levels in the 1 world
-more dificulty in some levels and the 1 boss
-2 world and 2 boss
-more music
-fixed the bug in level 3
-more objects
-various glitchs fixed
-1 boss have an intro
-added lazers and billbullets
-added more savepoints
-more efect sounds

-----------------------------------------------
changelog in version 1.3.0
-----------------------------------------------
-new levels and worlds.
-3rd and 4th ,bosses added.
-more music.
-some bugs deleted.
-more traps.
-a simple easter egg in the first level on 3 world.

if you detect a issue or bug,please report it here

version 1.0.0.(not very recommended)
 link: https://www.mediafire.com/?7xf9tiqwd3uh02u

version 1.2.0.(very recommended)
 link: https://www.mediafire.com/?ipe3m8ttl871qzi

version 1.3.0.(highly recommended)
 link: https://www.mediafire.com/?874v9clt1cllrw9

thanks for view
« Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 09:29:23 pm by charizardfuego52 »

infern0man1

• Unrevoked
  • It's been revoked.
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
Re: my project:i wanna be the ochipi
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2014, 10:41:09 pm »

I'm sorry, but good god this is TERRIBLE.

Look around the forums. Do you see good fangames like this? No. This is near the level of Dallas 3 (though better organized). Let me start off with what is wrong with that.

• The fact that you were too lazy to make original tiles and used the default block sprite.
  • Overuse of spikes
  • Spikes that overlap each other excessively
  • Level design looks rushed and crowded, like you wanted to fit in as much as possible.
  • A bunch of wasted space
  • No background
  • A lot of intricate jumps.
  • Platforms don't seem to do anything useful
  • No save points

The only thing original about this is the name, the different icon, and the X button.
Rethink what you want to do with this. Based on this, the game tells me that:

• You're too lazy to think up of original ideas, to make original sprites, to make a fangame at all.

Please take the above into consideration. If you don't do anything about it, this will be shunned like most other games posted here.

And one last thing: Please don't use the fruit, spike, and kid emotes. EVER. It lags other people's computers that can't handle the images.

Uncle Ochipi

• hello
    • View Profile
    • my twich channel
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2014, 11:56:17 pm »

I'm sorry, but good god this is TERRIBLE.

Look around the forums. Do you see good fangames like this? No. This is near the level of Dallas 3 (though better organized). Let me start off with what is wrong with that.

• The fact that you were too lazy to make original tiles and used the default block sprite.
  • Overuse of spikes
  • Spikes that overlap each other excessively
  • Level design looks rushed and crowded, like you wanted to fit in as much as possible.
  • A bunch of wasted space
  • No background
  • A lot of intricate jumps.
  • Platforms don't seem to do anything useful
  • No save points

The only thing original about this is the name, the different icon, and the X button.
Rethink what you want to do with this. Based on this, the game tells me that:

• You're too lazy to think up of original ideas, to make original sprites, to make a fangame at all.

Please take the above into consideration. If you don't do anything about it, this will be shunned like most other games posted here.

And one last thing: Please don't use the fruit, spike, and kid emotes. EVER. It lags other people's computers that can't handle the images.

1- im not lazy,is my first fangame and is in the first version,some tiles and textures will be changed in the next version
2- thanks for the idea, i will quit the emoticons NOW
3- new save points will be added
4- i work in new modes to control player(for the originality problem)
5- i will put new backgrounds
6- i working to give a new version with more songs and efects

pd:i dont complete all worlds, but i make progress in all bosses
ppd: my original language is the Spanish  please if you found a traduction error try to read ignoring errors
Pppd :The spikes is for dificulty   in some cases i based into my exp in IWBTG

thanks for give me your review of the quality of the game,if you try someday other versions,please give me more reviews

-charizardfuego52
« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 07:08:04 am by charizardfuego52 »

pieceofcheese87

• ok
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2014, 10:38:32 am »

I recommend you just Trash this game and watch some tutorials on how to make a GOOD game first.
I'm sorry, but this is bad.
I like to fart in people's faces when they're eating a gourmet dessert.

Uncle Ochipi

• hello
    • View Profile
    • my twich channel
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2014, 11:18:41 am »

I recommend you just Trash this game and watch some tutorials on how to make a GOOD game first.
I'm sorry, but this is bad.

do you learn to read?
i write:

THIS IS MY FIRST FANGAME  AND HIS FIRST VERSION

and:

I WILL ADD SOMETHINGS AND I WILL CHANGE SOME TILES AND BACKGROUNDS , I WILL ADD MORE MUSIC

PD: I worked in the remastered 1 world ,it have a pretty much professional style
ppd:Do not judge a game like that in beta

thanks anyway

-charizardfuego52

LOLGAMMER

• aka lolgamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2014, 12:14:57 pm »

That's what most peoples' excuse are all the time when they make a fangame that's this bad. If you say it sucks, then don't tell peole about it and don't upload it until it has some promise. Right now, judging the three screenshots you gave us, this game really does suck. It reminds me of 'I Wanna be the Wierd Game' a whole lot, along with several other fangames that were absolutely horrible (Dallas, Loner, Goner, Monoe-San, Master N, etc. the list goes on).

If you want to make a fangame that'll get someone to actually play it, you should look around the forums and see what other people have done. There is a topic that has several fangames included that we deem worthy to be played by everybody, because we thing they're really good. You can find it at http://kayin.pyoko.org/iwbtg/forums/index.php?topic=17549.0

I suggest you find and download every single fangame in the entire thread and see what the makers did with them, and don't decompile the games and take stuff from them and claim it as yours. We can spot that really quickly.

EDIT:Test your game before publishing,seriously.After second warp,you stuck into a wall and immediately die.Learn 2 put player start in a better point.

Yeah.This game is terrible.I made 2 games like this,but they were better.
Here's what i disliked:
-Block sprites.You just made "solid"block visible.
-No saves at all.You know there are saves,right?
-Nothing but spikes.Seriously,even adding some cherries would make it better.
-No background.Its boring to play.
-Music.Willy's Theme was good until 100th time i've heard it.
-You didn't changed anything in the difficulty selection screen.

And here's what i liked:

« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 12:28:04 pm by LoLGamer »

IidoTheFox

• View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/themorphingfennecfox
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2014, 01:54:52 pm »

I'm not gonna lie, this is very close to "worst fangame I've ever seen". However, it is good that you listen to criticism.

I'm not gonna be rude like that other guy but I am going to say, these types of fangames are shunned around here. Fangames with nothing but spikes. Fruit is also generally not accepted in games.

Come up with something more original. These days fangame standards have evolved to far above spike-jumping and fruit dodging. That was fine about 4 years ago.

Since you don't seem to understand what people mean when they say original, we're talking about the design of the game itself. Add in more things besides just spikes and fruit. Things such as lasers, or enemies. Maybe make some simple puzzles, like shooting a lever or switch to open a door. Bosses are also a very important thing in fangames nowadays. You can also make a small story told through an intro cutscene, to give the player an idea or reason for why they're going through the game, or if you wanna go an extra mile, make a story that's told as the game progresses.

For examples of today's fangame standards, take a look at I Wanna Be Myself, I Wanna Kill The Guy, I Dun Wanna Be Anything, and I Wanna Be the 8bit. These games showcase fairly well what today's standards for fangames are, and what everyone should strive for.

I understand that this is your very first game and that you are also new to these forums, so perhaps you really did think making a game like this was okay, but take our word for it: It's not.

Good luck with your game, we'll be waiting to see if you can make something good.
http://www.youtube.com/user/themorphingfennecfox
Come by if you wanna see me suffer playing fangames!
Avatar by Xmatic-Zane on DeviantART.

Uncle Ochipi

• hello
    • View Profile
    • my twich channel
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2014, 02:42:49 pm »

That's what most peoples' excuse are all the time when they make a fangame that's this bad. If you say it sucks, then don't tell peole about it and don't upload it until it has some promise. Right now, judging the three screenshots you gave us, this game really does suck. It reminds me of 'I Wanna be the Wierd Game' a whole lot, along with several other fangames that were absolutely horrible (Dallas, Loner, Goner, Monoe-San, Master N, etc. the list goes on).

If you want to make a fangame that'll get someone to actually play it, you should look around the forums and see what other people have done. There is a topic that has several fangames included that we deem worthy to be played by everybody, because we thing they're really good. You can find it at http://kayin.pyoko.org/iwbtg/forums/index.php?topic=17549.0

I suggest you find and download every single fangame in the entire thread and see what the makers did with them, and don't decompile the games and take stuff from them and claim it as yours. We can spot that really quickly.

EDIT:Test your game before publishing,seriously.After second warp,you stuck into a wall and immediately die.Learn 2 put player start in a better point.

Here's what i disliked:

And here's what i liked:

finally , after so many reviews there is someone who reports a bug .
spite of all the bad reviews that have been published ... I will not surrender , I will continue with the project remastering and improving quality at all levels
I am calm and happy to contribute to their complaints and criticisms trying to correct the weak points and reinforcing the strengths , the musics are being changed , the first boss already has song besides that I'm creating backgrounds and tiles , also as already answered to infern0man1 . I am placing save points , thanks for sticking up for ridicule
for ozzie commentary : there is a first boss, but I realized that is inaccessible by the glitch 3 level

I in general and tested : i wanna kill the guy, kill the kamilia iwanna , i wanna be the boshy , i wanna be the durability , etc and I'm aware that I'll never reach graphics as the first 3 games I mentioned but I'm putting all my struggle is in this game intentandoponer more things than just apples and spikes . nevertheless I will continue trying to solve the critical reviewing every doubt and concern

- thanks
- charizardfuego52

Darkwraith Axl

• Returning with newfound humanity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2014, 05:30:07 pm »

Here's what i disliked:

And here's what i liked:

finally , after so many reviews there is someone who reports a bug .
spite of all the bad reviews that have been published ... I will not surrender , I will continue with the project remastering and improving quality at all levels
I am calm and happy to contribute to their complaints and criticisms trying to correct the weak points and reinforcing the strengths , the musics are being changed , the first boss already has song besides that I'm creating backgrounds and tiles , also as already answered to infern0man1 . I am placing save points , thanks for sticking up for ridicule
for ozzie commentary : there is a first boss, but I realized that is inaccessible by the glitch 3 level

I in general and tested : i wanna kill the guy, kill the kamilia iwanna , i wanna be the boshy , i wanna be the durability , etc and I'm aware that I'll never reach graphics as the first 3 games I mentioned but I'm putting all my struggle is in this game intentandoponer more things than just apples and spikes . nevertheless I will continue trying to solve the critical reviewing every doubt and concern

- thanks
- charizardfuego52

I think you can actually make a good graphic level than Boshy/Kill The Guy (Fuck Kamilia). You just need to put some effort, think about a world/level, look for some sprites and graphics and that's it. Still, don't make it a spike fest.
> This community: Elitists pieces of shit.
> That community: Retards without a lick of taste.
Pick your poison.

AndreSsgarrido

• ( ╯°□°)╯ ┻━━┻
    • View Profile
Re: i wanna be the ochipi v1.2.0
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2014, 10:47:34 pm »

Well about the levels, you can add different gimmicks each world, instead of a lot of spike jumps.

And for the bosses.. you can way make them better, the laser beam attack on the 1st and 2nd boss looks awful, and both of them attacks all the time with.. cherrys, also you can give the 2nd boss a kirby related music, like in the original kirby dreamland 3  (for example, dark matter theme) and make the bosses to have more RNG attacks or pattern attacks, fighting bosses with very few attacks is boring.

Im sure you can remake this fangame way better

Uncle Ochipi

• hello
    • View Profile
    • my twich channel
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2014, 12:04:56 am »

Well about the levels, you can add different gimmicks each world, instead of a lot of spike jumps.

And for the bosses.. you can way make them better, the laser beam attack on the 1st and 2nd boss looks awful, and both of them attacks all the time with.. cherrys, also you can give the 2nd boss a kirby related music, like in the original kirby dreamland 3  (for example, dark matter theme) and make the bosses to have more RNG attacks or pattern attacks, fighting bosses with very few attacks is boring.

Im sure you can remake this fan game way better

thanks for your review i will put more attacks,i worked hard to make this new version in ¡one day!
i work i more bosses. In effect 2 more bosses

IidoTheFox

• View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/themorphingfennecfox
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2014, 02:55:18 am »

Well I must say this second version is a vast improvement over the first.

I second what Andre said about the bosses, I actually haven't cleared the second world yet (I just beat the first boss, may play the second world later) and it's far too easy. There's a blindspot where you can dodge everything and all you have to do is jump and shoot.

I can tell that you definitely have potential to make a good fangame, though. Work hard on the improvements.
http://www.youtube.com/user/themorphingfennecfox
Come by if you wanna see me suffer playing fangames!
Avatar by Xmatic-Zane on DeviantART.

Uncle Ochipi

• hello
    • View Profile
    • my twich channel
Re: i wanna kill the ochipi v1.3.0
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2014, 10:38:55 pm »

------------------
        WARNING
------------------
A new version is in
Aproach . If you want
A new version . Please
Be patient and i will give
A new version

well I'll give them an advance of the new version.
-fixed an error in the 3 level of the 3 world
-zero was replaced an now the 2 boss is kracko
-the super dark great dragon boss (4 boss) was replaced an now the 4 boss is super drunk
-5 world added (castle spike)
-5 boss added (king spike)

The new massive update will be apeared in 1 week or more.
- thanks
« Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 09:44:11 pm by charizardfuego52 »