I Wanna Be The Forums!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Gaiden 1.2 patch released. Click here to download!

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]

Author Topic: Battle Kid: Fortress of Peril - an IWBTG-inspired game for the NES - demo & info  (Read 61248 times)

Wolsk

• Wolsky McKitty :3
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube

Im So Glad You Necroposted On This Thread Its Really Cool I Like It I Like This Game.
yeah
ebola is super funny lol
EBOLA (i still lmfao)

sans

• Lurks IWBTF 24/7
  • man. isn't my brother cool?
    • View Profile
    • Luigi Floating On An Egg Over A Sea

Hey Silent, how far have you gotten in this game? I'm about to pull this game out and play through it again, it's about a year old now and deserves it.
MkidTrigun is and idiot for not recognizing the fact that Venser has edited this quote.

RetroHedgehog

• (Forum Fangame Tester!) Will yours be original?
    • View Profile

Its Ok Wolsk
Current Project:I Wanna Be The Adventurer (Hold)
Project Helping:I Wanna Be The Retro (Old)
Favourite Fangame:I Wanna Be The Ultimatum

SilentLoner

I actually haven't gotten too far into it myself, since I've been catching up with other games. I should give this one another shot.

Sivak

• View Profile

Hey all.  Did my own LP for the anniversary that's almost here.  80 minutes, 9 deaths.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yne04hukuyc

Wolsk

• View Profile
    • My Youtube

I WANT MY BATTLE KID 2.
I'll need to watch that LP when I get home.
Goddamn hacker. ):<
yeah
ebola is super funny lol
EBOLA (i still lmfao)

sans

• Lurks IWBTF 24/7
  • man. isn't my brother cool?
    • View Profile
    • Luigi Floating On An Egg Over A Sea

Hey all.  Did my own LP for the anniversary that's almost here.  80 minutes, 9 deaths.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yne04hukuyc

Just watching this now, it's pretty cool that you talked about many different aspects of the game while LPing it. Also so glad that you mentioned the Owl Boss glitch that I discovered! :D

One question I do have is about one of the spiked rooms in the Hall of the Colormancers - was there a specific reason why there was a II block in the room where you have to shoot out the I block to get through the timed spikes, or was it just placed there as a placeholder for something that was never implemented?
« Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 06:56:45 am by MkidTrigun »
MkidTrigun is and idiot for not recognizing the fact that Venser has edited this quote.

Fred-eye-inc

Wow that playthrough was 1 hour and 20 minutes well spent ^^

Sivak

• View Profile

One question I do have is about one of the spiked rooms in the Hall of the Colormancers - was there a specific reason why there was a II block in the room where you have to shoot out the I block to get through the timed spikes, or was it just placed there as a placeholder for something that was never implemented?

To prevent you from being able to shoot the I block from the right side.  It forces you to go left and under to reach it.

Wolsk

• View Profile
    • My Youtube

Great playthrough, Sivak.
Right after watching, I searched for a video of the Gauntlet and Petinia X. :P
yeah
ebola is super funny lol
EBOLA (i still lmfao)

Fred-eye-inc

Parents have no pay-pal account so I can't get this. I'll pester them for about 12 years until I get it.

ProJackXTheGuy

• Now I shall best YOU, THE FORUM!
    • View Profile

A IWBTG type game on NES, That alone would make a IWBTG fan play it!

I wonder if someone could remake IWBTG on NES.

Fred-eye-inc

Well the graphics would have to fit , their colours would have to fit the NES pallette and they would be limited to colours aswell. The music would also have to be completely re-written. Other than those I see no reason why it would be possible it would just have to fit the requirements.

Wolsk

• View Profile
    • My Youtube

Sivak, you never responded to my PM on YouTube.
Please give me an answer even if it is "no".

Hello, sir.
I bought Battle Kid for my friend a couple months ago for his birthday, but I haven't been able to play it.
His NES barely works, so we haven't really been able to use it or play any games on it.
I was wondering if you'd be able to send me a computer version of the game, so I'll be able to play it.
When I say "send me" one, I don't mean that you should send me a disc copy of it.
I'm simply asking for an emulator of it because you already have one, and it isn't too much work to send.
I'm only asking because I already bought the game, and I've been wanting to actually play it.
It's fine if you say no, but please take this into consideration.
I know that you aren't giving the code out to anyone, but I don't intend to do anything with it except play it.
Please write back.
Thanks!
yeah
ebola is super funny lol
EBOLA (i still lmfao)

Fred-eye-inc

He's made it clear several times the contract he's tied
to does now allow it.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]