I Wanna Be The Forums!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Gaiden 1.2 patch released. Click here to download!

Author Topic: I would like to make a boss fight  (Read 11279 times)

ParasiteBirth

• View Profile
    • ParasiteBirth
I would like to make a boss fight
« on: April 02, 2014, 04:48:26 am »

Hey guys, I noticed a lot of people who know programming and do fan made games are here on this forums ( which seems normal obviously ).

I've always wanted to make a boss fight in an IWBT game, I sadly don't know how to program and how to do it right, Can anyone guide me ? or is there anyone here willing to help me make my boss fight idea come true ? My idea wouldn't require much from a programmer I think.

But it's just something I always wanted to do. If anyone feel they could help me by joining me or giving me proper directions to follow, I'd really appreciate it. I make boss fight videos quite often on my YouTube channel so I think it says a lot of why I always wanted to 'specifically' make a boss fight.
Video gaming masochist, ParasiteBirth

Sephalos

• View Profile
Re: I would like to make a boss fight
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2014, 05:54:39 am »

I made this a while ago.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/qgvmce70f2dpten/simple+boss+example.zip

It's a example of a very simple boss and the basics on the idea of using patterns and projectiles on timers. I've put in a lot of comments in the code to understand what every function does. I would reccomend starting by looking at the pattern_01 and missile objects.

Good luck.

ParasiteBirth

• View Profile
    • ParasiteBirth
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2014, 06:07:25 am »

I made this a while ago.

It's a example of a very simple boss and the basics on the idea of using patterns and projectiles on timers. I've put in a lot of comments in the code to understand what every function does. I would reccomend starting by looking at the pattern_01 and missile objects.

Good luck.

Thanks so much ! Do I need Gamer Maker or MMF2 ?

Edit : Apparently I do, Alright I'll do my best to learn Game Maker and use what you just linked me ! Thanks again.

jimkike

• View Profile
    • Erexayi seri hashvark
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2014, 09:05:34 am »

I made this a while ago.

Good luck.

Sephalos awesome work , thanks.

Storyyeller

• The Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2014, 02:47:19 am »

Do I need Gamer Maker or MMF2 ?

No, just C++.  :P

Cantavanda

• ~𝓕𝓵𝓸𝔀𝓮𝓻 𝓟𝓻𝓲𝓷𝓬𝓮~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2014, 08:11:53 am »

In game maker, in an IWBTG engine, it's a good place to make a boss.
If you experience any problems, you just ask me.

Here's a quick guide.
Create event is when it's just created, the first step that it exists. A step is a little piece of a second, room_speed determines how many steps there are in a second, usually 30 or 60.
Step event is the same code that repeats every step.
An alarm is something that happens after a certain time, you can determine what alarm goes of when with code.
And a timeline is litirally a time line, with as data the amount of steps from start of timeline to end, and with it each step the information on what to do.

In create you set the lives to a value, and you let alarm 0 count off starting from 50 or something

In step you set that it gets damage when touching a bullet, and it makes the bullet dissepear, and if the boss has 0 lives, it dies, or it explodes or something

In alarm, you start a timeline (all the attacks), if your timeline is 120 steps and an attack each 60 steps (two attacks), and you want to do the next timeline 50 steps after the first timeline, you set the second alarm to 120 (timeline) + 50 (waiting time), so 170 waiting time to the next attack

In timeline, you set all the attacks, for example bullets flying at the player

That's the basics, but the way how you code that is with commands, for example, if the lives are 40, then you write in a code in create lives=40, you can look others up or just ask.
It's a basic explaination, I hope I helped.

ParasiteBirth

• View Profile
    • ParasiteBirth
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2014, 10:21:24 am »

Thanks a lot for all that info !