I Wanna Be The Forums!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Chat button has been eaten. Click here to join in the idling fun!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: ULTIMATE WALKTHROUGH OF AWESOME!!!!!!!!!  (Read 41512 times)

Mrnubnub

• View Profile
ULTIMATE WALKTHROUGH OF AWESOME!!!!!!!!!
« on: September 28, 2009, 07:05:30 pm »

How to dodge every falling spike, falling fruit, and the moon!...which also falls!
Part 1!!!

THE UPPER PATH: LEVEL I, SECTION I

Skip ahead if you're not a noob. I think you know that
Delicious fruit kills...and falls up.
Anyway, From where you first start, jump up into the giant gaping hole in the ceiling. Oh, look, apples!  :fruit: They must be fun!  :fruit: WRONG!!! They are as deadly as spikes. And they fall on you. To escape certain doom by delicious fruit, run under the first one so it falls, then quickly run back. The next 2 apples after the one that mysteriously doesn't fall on you can be dodged easily using the same method, only they both fall together. The next 2 apples also fall together, but you can't recoil in time, so you have to dodge them in the little gap that separates the 2. More dummy apples. Now this part is tricky. Run all the way to the platform, but don't hug it or you will be squashed by more :fruit: . There are still some apples that ignored you. Jump onto the next platform, but recoil at the last second because the apple falls up. APPLES DON'T FALL UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Unfortunately, the rest of the apples besides the last one also defy gravity. Use the same  :fruit: dodging strategy to dodge these astro-apples, only jump instead of walk. Yay! Next section!  ;D If you're a wuss (AKA playing on medium mode), there will be a save block in the next section. That wraps up part 1! See you next post!

Silver

• Herd Leader
  • The Guy
  • Inifinty - so far away yet around us at all times.
    • View Profile
    • DarkLiteEntertainment
Re: ULTIMATE WALKTHROUGH OF AWESOME!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2009, 07:07:34 pm »

Cool idea AND posted in the correct place.

Continue and you may be welcome (Though not many people come here who need a guide.)
Because pickles.

Mrnubnub

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2009, 07:56:06 pm »

Part 2: Clouds that kill
LEVEL I, SECTION II

You stand over a gaping pit of spikes. There's is basically nothing else but some clouds. See, the trick is to actually jump on the clouds. jump on cloud #1! So far, so good. Jump to cloud #2...and it falls. as soon as you make contact with the cloud, double-jump to cloud #3. The good news is that the cloud doesn't fall. The bad news is that the cloud RISES. And what do you know, there's some ceiling spikes above the cloud. run off the right side of the cloud, run to the left in the air, and double-jump to cloud #4, the last one (THANK GOODNESS!!!). Unfortunately, your troubles are far from over. Cloud #4 rises too! Fortunately, if you stand on the left side of the cloud, you won't be harmed. Jump onto the seemingly normal-looking platform, but jump off it, because as soon as you set foot on it, a spike trap falls from the ceiling. Don't worry, the top of the trap can't hurt you. After you shoot the save, you can do one of 2 things. You can go for the first of the 6 power-ups, or you can ride the spike trap as it rises into outer space. If you would like to ride the spike trap, stop reading right now. If you would like to get the power-up, exit the screen on the left. There is another gaping pit, with some holes that will still kill you, but allow you to take a sneak peek at the divine room of teleportation. It seems impossible to cross, but there are (Get ready for this) invisible blocks that allow you to progress. 2 of them, actually. In the screen after that, you stand above the title screen's city. More invisible blocks...but are they going into the SKY!? Yes, they are. Once you follow the blocks into the clouds (Which you can also stand on), you find yourself in THE GAME OVER ROOM!!! Only Q can kill you here. Oh, and there's a power-up. GRAB IT GRAB IT GRAB IT GRAB IT GRAB IT GRAB IT GRAB IT!!! Yay, only 5 more to go. Now press Q to kill yourself and ride the spike trap into the heavens...

dsk

• Lawful Evil Moderator
  • Global Moderator
  • The Guy
  • Like a phoenix
    • View Profile
    • Youtube videos!
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2009, 08:33:26 pm »

Stop with the marquee, and if it's actually useful, I'll sticky it.

Mrnubnub

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2009, 09:02:09 pm »

Part 3: Into the heavens

LEVEL I, SECTION III

You get to dodge :spikes: all the way to the top. Hooray. When you get there, be careful under the cloud, because Zeus will throw his LIGHTNING BOLT AT YOU!!! :(  Anyway, ride the platform to the next screen, dodging the spiky blocks along the way. Be careful again, as one of the stars falls (A falling star? Get it? Instead of a RISING STAR!? Hahaha...I'll be quiet now.  :( ). NEXT SCREEN!!! Don't worry, I'm not ending the post. Instead, I'm moving to the NEXT SCREEN!!!

LEVEL I, SECTION IV

Shoot the save through the spikes. Yay, you have just experienced one of the very few pleasures this game has to offer. If you try to wuss out and fall down the pit below you, a plane hits you and a nice Mario Paint riff plays. Yay, your death is happy and upbeat. Ride platform. Dodge falling spike. Jump onto other platform. Jump some more. Between the twin spikes next to the up-and-down platform, there is a safe platform...OR IS IT!? It falls. Hooray. Once you make it through the torture that is this section, shoot the save again and advance to the first boss! Next post, I shall help you T.K.O!!!

Mrnubnub

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2009, 09:31:10 pm »

You have asked for a continuation, and I shall give it.

Part 4: T.K.O.

BOSS BATTLE: GIANT MIKE TYSON

Before the walkthrough, I just want to say one thing: Why Mike Tyson for a boss? I'll leave you pondering that for a bit. After a short cut-scene (Which you can skip by pressing S), Mike Tyson emerges from the abyss. RUN. Shortly after the upbeat battle music starts, Mike Tyson will do a fatal uppercut. Just run to the left side of the screen to avoid the first 2 uppercuts, then jump over the third. Then Mike Tyson will punch straight at the bridge that you're battling on, knocking some blocks loose. Then he will breathe fire  ??? . While he's doing that, shoot him in the mouth 3 times. He'll fall to the ground, which makes him move on to the second phase of his assault. Now he'll slowly shuffle towards you when he's not uppercutting or breathing fire, but he'll still move when he's punching the bridge. Same strategy. You've taken down 2 of his health so far, what's next? I'll tell you what's next. This time, Mike Tyson's shuffle has turned into a run. Also, he does more uppercuts and straight punches. pasy eeasy semon leezy. Double talk! Yay! You've probably T.K.Oed Mike Tyson by now. If there's enough bridge, return to the previous section to save. Then go into the next section and collect the first unit. You discover you're high above earth, so do the only logical thing to do...JUMP OFF A CLIFF!!! Let's hope you don't burn up in re-entry...

Mrnubnub

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2009, 03:35:28 pm »

Part 5: The man in the moon...or is it the moon in your face?

LEVEL II, SECTION I

You surely must be burning up in the atmosphere by now, after jumping off a cliff in outer space. Quickly walk/fall/burn to he left. When you spot the ground, double-jump into the small pool of water to avoid becoming chunky salsa. Hit the save, then make a jump to the left...onto a platform, exactly. Dodge certain roasting by lightening and certain bonking by delicious fruit, then dodge 2 gravity-defying apples to enter the next section.

LEVEL II, SECTION II

You will see some small platforms leading up to another high-ish platform, and some more platforms to the left over some spikes. This many:

:spikes: :spikes: :spikes: :spikes: :spikes: :spikes: :spikes: :spikes: :spikes: :spikes: :spikes:  :spikes: :spikes:

Yes, that many. There are also some Up-apples between the platforms. Make them all fall up. Don't ask why, just do it. After you do that, walk onto the ground below a small grassy mountain. Jump onto a small ledge, and then RUN. A few minutes later, THE MOON FALLS. OMG WTH!?! Then, the moon starts ROLLING. After YOU. Run across the platforms you crossed, which are promptly crushed by the moon as it follows. This is why you had to "deactivate" the apples before you evoked the moon; dodging delicious fruit while running from a psychopathic moon is super mega hardness. Run up the platforms that lead to the high platform. The moon isn't tall enough to chase you, so it just rolls right under you. Do you feel safe? Yes. Are you safe? NO YOU ARE NOT!!! Remember that platform you jumped on back in section I? The moon will bounce off that into the platform you're standing on. What do you do? Jump across the spike pit that once had platforms on it, all the way to the once-was mountain, now just a wall. The moon bounces through the platform you were once on, leaving you to contemplate that close call. Wait a minute. What comes up, must come down, right? The moon went up. It shall come down. On your head. Luckily, the moon made a nice little 32 by 64 pixel hole when it first landed. JUMP IN IT IF YOU WANT TO LIVE!!! And you will; the moon crashes on the platform, crushes the wall, rolls over the crevice, and rolls away to cause even more chaos. Now that the wall is gone, you can check out the next section. I'll leave you to that...

yoshi

• yes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2009, 09:30:04 pm »

The faces on his avatar made my day.
Indeed, my green-skinned prehensile-tongued fellow. Indeed.

Mrnubnub

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2009, 09:43:44 pm »

I'm glad to see that so many people like my walkthrough. After you read this, do me a favor and tell me if this walkthrough helped you in IWBTG or not in your next post. NOTE: I would have made this paragraph in marquee, but if I do I'll have one less admirer.

Part 6: The adventures of Link...and his small, bloody friend,  :kid:

LEVEL II, SECTION III

The moon broke down the barrier the last time it tried to kill you, so go check out the new area. What do you know, it's the first level in the original "Legend of Zelda." Coooool. Before you stands yet another gaping pit of spikes, with a double-spike obstacle and a few ceiling spikes. There's also a metal block that allows you to access the cave where you get your first sword. Enter the cave to find an old dude, some torches, and a sword. Not to mention a save, the only object in this cave that's worth noticing, or is it? Shoot the save, and jump into the sword to...

...DIE!!!  ;D The old man's dialogue then changes from "It's dangerous to go alone! Take this" to "You jumped into a sword you retard!" Haha, tricked you! At least it's a SECRET death. Now do the right thing: RIDE LINK TO THE NEXT SECTION!!! By that, I mean get out of the cave and use Link as a platform. So far, so good. Jump over the double-spike, and...Link stabs you. Guess he must have mistaken you for a small, deformed Otorok. If you're a noob and don't know what that is, it's an orange or blue creature that spits rocks at you. The orange ones die in one hit, the blue ones die in two. But that doesn't matter right now because we already know Otoroks that look like  :kid: die in one hit. Except  :kid: isn't an Otorok. There is an easy way to dodge Link's stab, however. Instead of double-jumping over the double-spike, single-jump over it and double-jump to avoid Link's stab. Are your troubles over? No. Link will attack again in the section with the ceiling spikes, so jump into the empty part of the ceiling when you pass there, then double jump to the end, or double-jump back to Link when he finished stabbing, then ride him to the end. Next section is also video game themed! I'll leave you pondering.

Something on your head

• Want apples? find them under the carrot.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2009, 02:39:58 pm »

Protip: dont die
Athiesm ftw.

Mrnubnub

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2009, 06:29:36 pm »

It's nice to see this many people reading my walkthrough. With your help, this could become a hot topic!

Part 7: Ghosts and goblins, zombies and hawks

LEVEL II: SECTION IV

You emerge in an area based on the game Ghosts and goblins, which is almost as hard as this game. There's a pit of spikes, a platform, and a tree. Simples...NOT!!! The platform moves closer to the platform you're on when you try to jump on it, and a claw comes out of the tree. That's pretty much it...Simples. For reals. Hit the save and go now.

LEVEL II, SECTION V

There's a lot of stuff in this area, so lets focus on the only thing you can access now: A tunnel of spikes. However, once you enter the tunnel, the tunnel turns into...THE JAWS OF DEATH!!! By that I mean, the spikes go up and down. Try not to double-jump while in the tunnel, because a ceiling spike could come out and pchhhhh! Danana-dana-dana-dadadada-da-da-daaaaa! You die. That series of da's and dan's was the game over sequence, for those who think I'm really a swimming chicken with a seizure in a man-suit. Once you get near the exit, the jaws of death go into...OVERTIME!!! By that I mean they go all speed-uppy and the chances of going pchhhhh danana-dana-dana-dadadada-da-da-daaaaa are even higher. Once you get out of the jaws, a tombstone falls, causing you to go pchhhhh danana-dana-dana-dadadada-da-da-daaaaa if it does the previously stated on you. If you're a wuss, there's a save right there. next up: Some platforms and spikes. You must climb. However, the 3 trees release horrible hawks: Creatures that die in one hit but make life miserable while they're alive by pushing you into spikes. Shoot them as they appear to avoid...yes, I'm going to say it again...going pchhhhh danana-dana-dana-dadadada-da-da-daaaaa. Ok...I'm going to end this post now bye!

dsk

• Lawful Evil Moderator
  • Global Moderator
  • The Guy
  • Like a phoenix
    • View Profile
    • Youtube videos!
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2009, 11:37:02 pm »

I'm loving this so much.

Fidel CashFlow

• Warrant Officer
  • I'm God.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2009, 07:15:03 am »

dsk, sticky this!
Despy just meatspun us. I. Have. No. Words.

dsk

• Lawful Evil Moderator
  • Global Moderator
  • The Guy
  • Like a phoenix
    • View Profile
    • Youtube videos!
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2009, 11:52:16 am »

I'll wait until it's finished, and clean up the thread.

Mrnubnub

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2009, 09:10:32 am »

This post won't be over for a long time...and I'm stuck on the clown copter so i might not finish. PLZ STICKY!!! Also, this topic is now a hot topic. Thanks for your help. Next stop: a very hot topic!

Part 7: ZOMBIEEEEZ!!!!

LEVEL II, SECTION VI

In this next section, shoot the save and double-jump through the tiny hole onto a tiny moving platform, then dodge some falling spikes while dodging tiny doom from falling off the tiny platform into a GINORMOUS spike pit. Jump on some platfroms to find some ZOMBIEEEEEEEZ!!!! Shoot them 3 times and they die, or you could wait a few seconds before they decompose. Either way, you have to dodge them or they'll eat your brain. Well, you actually explode in a bloody mess, but them eating your brain sounds better.

LEVEL II, SECTION VIII

Ok, I forgot what section VII looked like, but I think it has more zombies. In this section, shoot the save then quickly drop down to the section which is basically just a tunnel of spikes with a solid floor. Zombies will spawn here, so make your work quick before they spawn. Go next to the tree to find that another claw comes out. Don't get hit, then go under the claw to the exit. If zombies have spawned at the exit, shoot them. Jump on a pedestal, shoot the save, then jump on the pedestal with a full moon under it. Want another power up? Well, the moon falls again and destroys the pedestal you're on, sending you underground. If you dodge it and double-jump onto a nearby cliff, the next screen yields an obstacle course of spikes and moving platforms. At the end, there's the second power up. POWER UP GET!!! Now that you've got the power up, you can drop underground with the moon to go to...MECHA BIRDO!!!

BOSS BATTLE: MECHA BIRDO

This battle is unique in the way that you have to battle on egg missiles Mecha Birdo spits out. also, Mecha Birdo sends Shy Guys to push you off into the abyss...where you will yet again explode into a bloody mess. You can shoot the Shy Guys to kill them, which I highly recommend becasue they don't really go away by themselves. Shoot Mecha Birdo's big obvious weak point on its antenna. Shoot it until it explodes. Then Mecha Birdo starts moving even faster (What, you didn't know that you were flying through the whole battle?), and stops sending Shy Guys and starts firing eye lasers. Eye lasers. Really? Anyway, shoot the smoking part of Mecha Birdo's forehead until it explodes and activates the egg missiles: the pointy fronts are deadly. On the good side, Mecha Birdo moves slower, and replaces its eye lasers with Shy Guys. Shoot Mecha Birdo's eyes, b_r_o_k_e_n and blue until Mecha Birdo explodes...for good.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5