I Wanna Be The Forums!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Gaiden 1.2 patch released. Click here to download!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: ULTIMATE WALKTHROUGH OF AWESOME!!!!!!!!!  (Read 41072 times)

Mrnubnub

• View Profile
ULTIMATE WALKTHROUGH OF AWESOME!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #45 on: October 28, 2009, 01:34:05 pm »

yesssssssssss yesyesyes i finally beat it!!! Thanks for your tips, but they didn't really help me. Plus the banzai bill dodge glitch messed up the music.

dsk

• Lawful Evil Moderator
  • Global Moderator
  • The Guy
  • Like a phoenix
    • View Profile
    • Youtube videos!
Re: ULTIMATE WALKTHROUGH OF AWESOME!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #46 on: October 28, 2009, 01:45:26 pm »

THEN MOAR WALKTROUGH

Mrnubnub

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 29, 2009, 10:28:29 am »

You have asked and you shall receive.

Part 14: Bullet time

FINAL LEVEL, SECTION I

RUN!!! As soon as you pass the door, the spiky ceiling starts falling. RUN. When you're near the one safe spot, jump over the metal square before it, as it is a booby trap. Ha ha, I said "booby."

FINAL LEVEL, SECTION II

AGGGH MORE GUNNERS!!! Shoot the save, the gunners, and progress.

FINAL LEVEL, SECTION III

Climb the steps, dodging more bullets. The leftmost step falls, so land on the leftmost 32-pixel group to avoid certain doom. Shoot the gunner and climb some more.

FINAL LEVEL, SECTION IV

Climb the tower. Gunners fly in as you climb, shoot them as they appear to avoid massive annoyance. It's really easy when you defeat them.

FINAL LEVEL, SECTION V

O NOES!!!! IT'S THE REALLY ANNOYING PATIENCE ROOM!!! Jump on the first platform, wait a bit, jump over spikes to the next platform, wait some more, jump to the last platform, dodge spikes, jump to the previous platform and quickly jump to the platform to the left, then jump on the ledge and wait for the platform to start going down. Then ride it down to the ledge, wait for the double-platform, dodge more spikes, and exit the room. Then go through the place you go after Mecha Birdo and go to the palace of the guy.

PALACE OF THE GUY, FINAL VISIT

YESSS YOU MADE IT!!! Enter the magic portal...

Mrnubnub

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 31, 2009, 09:27:23 am »

Just so you know, I've reached The Father in IWBTG, and when I beat him, I'll put my completed save file up for downloads on this forum...or I might not. I'll consider it when the view count reaches 5000...

Part 15: Mine cart...not madness...err...mobster? Wait, That's even worse...

ON THE WAY TO THE PALACE OF THE GUY

Yay mine carts! How cliche. But at least this one is really annoying.

10000k to go!

Simples. Jump on the platform and fall off to catch up with the cart. One thing I forgot to mention: the cart travels faster than you, so try to stay on it. Jump over more spikes, then wall jump up the wall and catch up to the cart by wall jumping off the other side, a yellow wall jump wall.

7500k to go!

This is basically the same thing repeated 5 times: There are 5 walls with yellow wall jump walls, and between those there are cheep cheeps. They won't kill you, but they will bounce you, so you might fall off the cart. Try to stay on the cart, and If you fall off, catch up by wall jumping off one of the walls.

5000k to go!

OMG BULLET BILLS! Jump over them, and the first half of them can be dodged with a single jump, and the second half can be dodged with a double jump.

2500k to go!

Here's where things get REALLY annoying. The track can sometimes tilt to one side, so the cart does too, so you can't ride it. Double-jump the first time it does that, then dodge the flying spikes. It will do that for a long time after that, so use TEH WALL JUMPZ!!!

1000k to go! SLOW DOWN!!!

SLOW DOWN INDEED!!! CRASH!!!

0k to go! You made it!

Whew. That was a close one. Shoot the save. Next time, I shall show you...DEVIL DRAGON!!!

Evan20000

• Nuke 'em
  • Administrator
  • The Guy
  • Forum Archangel
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 31, 2009, 08:55:14 pm »

View Count doesn't matter. Keep posting.

Your videos could just be you in a Nazi outfit, shitting into a bucket while doing the can-can and they'd already be miles ahead of Pewdiepie.

Miracle

• Guy, did you murder Rita?
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 01, 2009, 04:51:16 pm »

The faces on his avatar made my day.

LOL yeah mine too

Mrnubnub

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 01, 2009, 05:24:02 pm »

OK FIIIINE!!! I was going to put it up for downloads when the view count reached 5000 as a reward, but if you want it right after I beat The Guy...by the way, how DO I put it up for downloads? And how do I become a higher rank than Newbie?

Part 16: More mega man? Yay.

BOSS BATTLE: DEVIL DRAGON

OK, devil dragon hasn't really shown up yet. Just walk forward and...moon. Don't worry, It's squashed by a friendly...mechanical giant dragon...who isn't really that friendly. Just run. Jump across the tiny platforms to the battle arena, which is basically just 4 tiny platforms. the boss battle is pretty simple: Shoot the dragon in the mouth when it's open and dodge the fireballs. When the dragon takes a certain amount of damage, it'll spit into six...caterpillar thingies. Weird. Also, they try to ram you. After you get the dragon to use that attack 3 times, it'll disappear off-screen. Then it'll start chasing you again, only this time it will fly lower while it's chasing you, so try not to end up under it's head-neck area or you will experience die. When you reach back where you started, the dragon will crash and you win. Then somehow you get teleported inside the Castle Of The Guy.

ipressR

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 01, 2009, 09:06:26 pm »

whats this upper path?
back off. i'll take you on. headstrong to take on anyone.

Mrnubnub

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 02, 2009, 03:47:48 pm »

whats this upper path?

Sigh...I had that problem when I first started playing. Follow with me now: Start a new game. DON'T MOVE. Double-jump up. You'll be in a grassy field with apples. This is the upper path. There are three ways you can go at the beginning.

Part 17: Finally, in the castle!

FRONT ROOM OF THE GUY, SECTION I

Yay, the front room of the Guy! You've worked a lot for this, so march-NO WAIT DONT!!! The fires on the three lamps will fall, killing you if you happen to be under them. Oh, and when they hit the ground they light the ENTIRE FRONT ROOM ON FIRE. Maneuver through the flames and go into the next section.

FRONT ROOM OF THE GUY, SECTION II

More flames. Oh yay. Shoot the save and kill yourself. Why? If you do, there will be a delay after you restart before the flames re-light. Take advantage of this delay to get to the moving platform. Get through the rest of the obstacle course and shoot the save again.

LABYRINTH OF THE GUY

Boulders and more fire! Here are the rules of the labyrinth:

1. Obviously, dodge all obstacles.
2. Go through all the labyrinth segments to get to the hall of former guys.
3. Most importantly, some segments are dead ends where you get shot by a magikoopa blast.

I forget how I got through this, just remember to explore the extra-hard places and if you find the wuss save, you're on the right track.

HALL OF FORMER GUYS: BOWSER

Bowser was once The Guy? THAT MAKES NO SENSE!!! Just get through the short obstacle course.

HALL OF FORMER GUYS: FREAKY GUY WHOSE NAME I FORGET

Looks like the picture of Bowser shot a fireball. Dodge it!!! Are your troubles over? No they are not. The fireball hits the picture and the picture makes the ground light on fire. Of course it does. Just get through the course and dodge the flying apples.

HALL OF FORMER GUYS: SINISTAR

Yay, breakout! I did not mean that sarcastically, I love breakout. I won this on the first try cause it was so dang easy. I don't really expect that of Kayin.

HALL OF FORMER GUYS: VIC VIPER

Nothing but spikes. That and a picture of Vic Viper. Also, there are no shaking spikes you can use as platforms. What do you do? JUMP INTO THE PORTRAIT!!! Yay, now you're in the ship! Now engage in SHOOTER FUN!!! Shoot the Doozy Bugs and the bullet machines and don't exit the room if you want to live. After you kill everything, you exit the ship. Jump down into the next area.

HALL OF FORMER GUYS: MIKE HAGGAR

No tricks here. Just get through the course.

HALL OF FORMER GUYS: RYU

An empty room. Nothing special here. Almost at The Guy! Go along...ERROR! TEH MMF2 APP HAS A'SPLODED!!! Don't try to close the error box, just hold down the right arrow key. Eventually you will regain control of The Kid and escape certain squashing. That's it for now, Join me later to...BEAT THE GAME!!!

ipressR

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 02, 2009, 08:02:10 pm »

whats da third? die?
back off. i'll take you on. headstrong to take on anyone.

Mrnubnub

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 03, 2009, 06:23:35 pm »

whats da third? die?

The third is a secret path behind the first spike wall.

Final part: NO! I WANNA BE THE GUY!

You're on a bridge filled with the dead bodies of failures that died challenging The Guy. This area is nameless. If you've collected 5 secret items, the sixth is at the other side of the bridge after a course. After you get it, go back to the bridge and give in to the flipping blocks here:

:spikes: :spikes: flippingblocks :spikes: :spikes:

THE INCINERATOR OF THE GUY

Uh oh. Hope you didn't use your double-jump back on the bridge, you need it here. Double-jump onto the platform. It falls. Jump on the other 2 falling platforms and jump on the moving platform. It will carry you to...

THE FINAL TOWER OF THE GUY

Oh yay. I've heard that this part is SUPER ANNOYING. Actually, it's pretty easy if you keep ahead of the platform. At the end, jump down the platforms and onto a safe spot. Walk along and jump into a tunnel. This is it...the final battle. Shoot the save before challenging The Guy. Learn to expect the CUCUMBER!!! See? You didn't. Achem...learn expect the unexpected in IWBTG, because the save apparently doesn't like bullets. When you shoot it, it tries to eat you. Shoot it again 5 times to turn it into a real save. Shoot that.

BOSS BATTLE: THE GUY

After an epic cut scene where you find out that
The Guy is really the Kid's father
, you will begin to FIGHT!!! Time for fightyness! I'll tell you The Guy's attack pattern for each phase. Shoot him!

Phase 1

1. Fire bullet
2. Jump to other side and throw grenade
3. Jump down, wait a bit, then fire more bullets if the Kid's too close
4. Ram walls and start over

Phase 2

1. Fire two walls of giant bullets
2. Jump to other side and fire 5 giant bullets
3. Jump to other side and start over

Phase 3

NOTE: The Guy is invincible during this phase. He can only be hurt be his rebounding bullets.

1. Jump to center of room
2. Fire 5 rebounding bullets
3. Throw grenade and wait a bit
4. Start over from 2.

Yay! You win! Grab The Guy's gun and...

AGGGGH GIANT GUY!!! WHAT HAS HE BEEN EATING!?!?

Phase 4

To beat him this time, you have to shoot out each eye. Try to shoot them out quickly, because when an eye is active it will fire a fireball every so often. How can one fire a fireball from one's eye? He'll also sometimes get a mouthful of spikes then throw them at you. After you shoot out each eye, he'll do a special fireball rapid-fire circling attack.

Phase 5

Now he'll light part of the floor on fire. He now can fire white homing shootable fireballs that can be spawned no matter if the eye is shot out. Also, instead of the spike attack, he'll sometimes breathe fire at you.

Phase 6

Now The Guy will light the entire floor on fire. His attack patterns will be the same, however. Once you shoot out the eyes, The Guy will die.

THE END

FINALLY!!! YOU HAVE BECOME...THE GUYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes! I haven't really gotten this far, but I saw the final phase and ending on Youtube. Enjoy the ending.

Psst! Hey you! PSSSSST!!! You wanna know a secret? You can skip The Guy with this cheat:

Press E-N-D on the keyboard during the battle.

« Last Edit: November 03, 2009, 06:46:32 pm by Mrnubnub »

dsk

• Lawful Evil Moderator
  • Global Moderator
  • The Guy
  • Like a phoenix
    • View Profile
    • Youtube videos!
« Reply #56 on: November 03, 2009, 09:51:02 pm »

This is great. I'll clean up the thread and sticky it later.

Mrnubnub

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 04, 2009, 10:57:04 am »

Thanks! By the way, I know how to change the file picture! I just changed the bitmap in Paint .NET and abraca-presto, it's a smiley face instead of the room right before The Guy!

Part extra: IWBTG fun!

This walkthrough's not over yet! Challenges and glitches galore! SPOILER ALERT!!!

Challenges

You vs. Guy vs. Evil:

To play this challenge, you must be in the room next to The Guy. Shoot the evil save, but don't kill it. Instead, enter the room with The Guy in it, and skip the cut scene. Now see how long you can last without damaging anything!

The flaming marathon:

For this challenge you need a cheat engine. Use the cheat engine to activate the double-jump cheat after the part where you burn up in the atmosphere. Now infinity-jump into the section of sky where you burn up. Now make it all the way the Mecha Birdo...and beat it!

impossible improbable:

This one is simple. Start a new game on impossible. Make it all the way to Giant Mike Tyson and beat him.

Glitches

Control Mike Tyson:

I don't know how this works, but after Mike Tyson kills you, you can somehow control him.

Level editor:

I have absolutely no idea how people do this.

Boss rush without beating The Guy:

Press b on the title screen.

One-second win:

Stand in a certain spot in the beginning area for one second to automatically beat the game. It's really hard, as the spot is indistinguishable for the other spots, but I know it's on the row of blocks you start on.

Silver

• Herd Leader
  • The Guy
  • Inifinty - so far away yet around us at all times.
    • View Profile
    • DarkLiteEntertainment
« Reply #58 on: November 04, 2009, 01:39:16 pm »

In response to your improbable challenge, I post this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mY8Y6Hz8_qI

And this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UVILUCnBwc

And I just noticed the Croc music I was playing in the background was on the video, and I don't think I turned music back on ever >.>

Because pickles.

Mrnubnub

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 04, 2009, 01:52:13 pm »

In response to your improbable challenge, I post this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mY8Y6Hz8_qI

And this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UVILUCnBwc

And I just noticed the Croc music I was playing in the background was on the video, and I don't think I turned music back on ever >.>

I am humbled by your awesome.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5