I Wanna Be The Forums!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Chat button has been eaten. Click here to join in the idling fun!

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 17

Author Topic: Fangame: The Game  (Read 62980 times)

Fred-eye-inc

Re: Fangame: The Game
« Reply #165 on: December 12, 2010, 08:06:39 am »

I do love the whole pasifist approach to the start of the game (Until you get the gun that is :D). It's nice being able to fight bosses where the strategy isn't just to mash your Z key <3

I also played the other IWBTG game you made vertigo , I enjoyed that too , not as much as Fangame though.

vertigoelectric

• View Profile
    • Fangame: The Game
« Reply #166 on: December 18, 2010, 12:11:35 pm »

Hey vert!
Do ya still need backgrounds/sprites?
Hey you.  No, I don't need anything right now as I've just not been working on the game.  Thanks, though.

yes, i get to the empty block that comes out to the right, then when i try to get to the other block which comes out to the left i don't have enough time to get over the spike to get on it. its after the first jump.
Like I said, it's just a matter of good timing.  You've come very far in the game and it's getting more and more difficult to time your jumps.  You can do it.  Just keep trying.  If you need to, go see some videos.

I do love the whole pasifist approach to the start of the game (Until you get the gun that is :D). It's nice being able to fight bosses where the strategy isn't just to mash your Z key <3

I also played the other IWBTG game you made vertigo , I enjoyed that too , not as much as Fangame though.
Thanks!  I thought it would be a good change of pace to have a little something extra to work for.  Of course, even at its current state, there are no bosses that require you to shoot them because I haven't made any yet!   What other IWBTG are you talking about? 

Fred-eye-inc

« Reply #167 on: December 18, 2010, 12:29:41 pm »

I can't remevwr the name, you have a YouTube video about. I don't wanna be the guy , perhaps?

vertigoelectric

• View Profile
« Reply #168 on: December 18, 2010, 01:30:44 pm »

I can't remevwr the name, you have a YouTube video about. I don't wanna be the guy , perhaps?

Yeah, that's probably it.  Before I got MMF2 I was using GameMaker and I was working on IWBTG fangame prototypes which I just named I Don't Wanna Be The Guy.  There were different builds, though, so I wonder which one you tried.

I had a really awesome boss in one of them.  Wish I could "port" it over to Fangame.

Fred-eye-inc

« Reply #169 on: December 18, 2010, 01:31:46 pm »

It was the one with the really aweosme boss from a shoot em up I think. I found it easy but very fun ^^

vertigoelectric

• View Profile
« Reply #170 on: December 18, 2010, 01:42:30 pm »

It was the one with the really aweosme boss from a shoot em up I think. I found it easy but very fun ^^

Yeah.  It was the 2nd boss from Super R-TYPE.   It was easy because it was a test prototype.  It would normally have had more health and the egg-looking things that appear behind you after a while start closing in on you so you have to be quick.

Fred-eye-inc

« Reply #171 on: December 18, 2010, 01:43:35 pm »

Ah , it's a shame it's not easy to port it over it would have made a great boss in fangame could've even been the one at the end of the desert level.

vertigoelectric

• View Profile
« Reply #172 on: December 18, 2010, 01:52:14 pm »

Ah , it's a shame it's not easy to port it over it would have made a great boss in fangame could've even been the one at the end of the desert level.

In all honesty, I don't think it would be too difficult to recreate it for Fangame.  Also, you are right about it possibly being a good boss for the Amper Sands... though I've already set up a room for a different boss there. 

Oh, and by the way, just so everybody knows...
I think I've decided to go ahead and just officially label Fangame: The Game an "Ongoing Project".  What this means is that there are no plans for an official ending to the game, but rather it will be a somewhat experimental project that continues to grow over time.  I know I'm not explaining it very well.

Let me put it this way.  A lot of people like Fangame and they don't want me to quit working on it.  I, however, would rather focus my attention on other things, but also feel as though I'm abandoning a "would-be" amazing project.  Rather than continually changing my mind as to whether I want to finish it or let it go or take a break, or whatever, I am going to simply just allow it to be as it is, but add to it from time to time as I see fit, without focusing on trying to "finish" it.

It will be my Rose Red... my Winchester Mystery House.

What does this mean for you?  Well it simply means that if you go download the current release and beat that, you've beaten Fangame.  However, keep your save files because when there is a new release, you can play with additional content.

In other words, just pretend it's finished.

Fred-eye-inc

« Reply #173 on: December 18, 2010, 01:53:45 pm »

Mini boss perhaps?

Ah I've yet to finish fangame >.<

vertigoelectric

• View Profile
« Reply #174 on: December 18, 2010, 01:55:14 pm »

Mini boss perhaps?

Ah I've yet to finish fangame >.<

How far are you?

Fred-eye-inc

« Reply #175 on: December 18, 2010, 01:56:13 pm »

A update or two ago I was at the ice part. I'm currently on the toxic cave part , haven't had a lot of time to play , maybe a half hour of play time so far?

vertigoelectric

• View Profile
« Reply #176 on: February 16, 2011, 02:57:06 pm »

I just thought I'd let everybody know that Fangame: The Game is back in development.  Now that I have a small team to back me over at vertigoFXdesigns, the project will be less weight on my shoulders.  If you've liked Fangame: The Game in the past, I encourage you to head on over to the Fangame forums and show your support!

Fred-eye-inc

« Reply #177 on: February 16, 2011, 02:58:22 pm »

I have a rough outline of the sprite you asked e for , it's really hard >.<

I should be able to ge tit done for you though!

vertigoelectric

• View Profile
« Reply #178 on: February 16, 2011, 03:00:49 pm »

I have a rough outline of the sprite you asked e for , it's really hard >.<

I should be able to ge tit done for you though!

Okay.  Thanks.  Uhm... could you remind me who you are?

Wolsk

• Wolsky McKitty :3
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #179 on: February 17, 2011, 06:18:07 pm »

He is fred.
Oh wait, that's not right.
yeah
ebola is super funny lol
EBOLA (i still lmfao)
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 17