I Wanna Be The Forums!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Gaiden 1.2 patch released. Click here to download!

Author Topic: Laugh = Lose is a treasure keep  (Read 784 times)

Neko Desu

• The Guy
    • View Profile
Laugh = Lose is a treasure keep
« on: August 27, 2011, 08:35:55 pm »

Started two years ago by Liquid, Laugh = Lose is one of this forum's more popular topics, never failing to keep itself upon the first few pages of Crap! In fact, Laugh = Lose has existed long enough to make a significant impact upon this forum's memes and its members' attitudes.

In my opinion, Laugh = Lose is a treasure; every single page is filled with something classic or hilarious. We can also observe the evolution of humour in that topic. The first few pages are littered with "old" humour: various demotivational photos and other things that we wouldn't really find funny today. Nowadays, Laugh = Lose is filled with webcomics, satirical photos, or humourous events that happen in the media. If this topic persists, it will be a living record of how our humour has evolved over time.

liquidCorgster

• Signature Moderator
  • The Guy
  • hanged man
    • View Profile
Re: Laugh = Lose is a treasure keep
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2011, 09:34:04 pm »

Lost

Nono

• U Jelly?
    • View Profile
Re: Laugh = Lose is a treasure keep
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2011, 06:10:45 am »

While it is true that the humor in the earlier pages is 'older' (obviously), I personally still found it to be enjoyable when I read through the entire thread (before making my account). But there definitively has been a shift in quality over time, probably because of the change of humor all over the internet. So yes, L=L is like a museum of the internet, and deserves respect.
What can I say? I knew from the moment I saw my first trypophobic picture on /x/ that holes were not for me.
Quote from: Kayin
IWBTG Lore: Delicious Fruit are sentient. Their rage and intellect allows Delicious Fruit to be skilled hunters, especially in packs.