I Wanna Be The Forums!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Gaiden 1.2 patch released. Click here to download!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 74

Author Topic: I Wanna Be The Pokemon  (Read 179025 times)

Venser

• Gloved Modulator
  • Godmin
  • The Guy
    • View Profile
I Wanna Be The Pokemon
« on: November 05, 2009, 09:19:56 pm »

UPDATE: The hacked ROM is FireRed. It's currently in development.

Screenshots:

: A small piece of Route 4 • show

Any and all requests for being in IWBTP are due no later than JUNE 9TH Midnight PST (so that'd be June 10th 1:00 AM in MST, 3:00AM in CST, and 4:00AM EST)

What you can request to be:

Random NPC- Tell me what you want them to say, I'll try not to Quartz' it, specific random NPC is also allowed, in that case give me the phrase and location of said NPC (i.e. "stupid carp": a guy in the pokecenter in Vermillion)

Random Trainer- Send me up to 4 pokemon you want on your team, no legendaries, I'll change them accordingly to fit area level. I cannot guarantee you'll use all 4, so if you're going for synergy, stick to two and then two others that can easily support. I CAN guarantee you 2 so tell me your priority for each, who knows, you may get all 4. You can also tell me a location you would like to be in. OR you can just let me do the work and make you something totally random, if you're lucky, you may end up a Rocket Grunt, and those things pack far more than Zubat in this hack, maybe even near Victory Road or a post-Champion area which I don't allow by normal request on location. If unlucky, Viridian Forest welcomes you. If you're one of those people who just goes "Can I be in it?" you'll be a random trainer.

General Character- Think Safari Warden or old tutorial man, S.S. Anne captain, maybe one of the guys blocking the Indigo Plateau or a Fisherman guy who gives a rod. As long as it's not listed below I will probably be ok with it.

What you can NOT request to be:
A Gym Leader (including Giovanni pre-Gym)
The Champion
The Rival

A Nurse Joy (YES I HAVE A PLAN FOR THESE)
Professor Oak
A pokemon (but see below)
Bill

Other possible allowed requests:
A pokemon -Although you yourself may not be a pokemon, you can request something to replace a pokemon, keep in mind many spaces are taken, and colors aren't always so kind on the GBA, so these will have a high rejection rate.

Signs- request type is similar to a specific NPC, tell me which sign and what it should say, as long as it isn't too retarded, it'll probably make it into the game)

Attacks- A lot of these are taken, but if you choose to replace something that I haven't changed yet, you're in luck. Be sure to tell me A.) The type, B.) The base power, C.) The name (you can also choose to just rename a move), D.) special effect (poison, paralysis, sleep, priority, drawback-boost-down, etc.) Nothing too broken though, I will not make you a 255 base power dragon move with priority.

List of people whose places have already been set/requested/taken into account:
Liquid, Venser, Pokota, Oldgreg, Tayloop, Dsk, Kitty, Kwiftee, SilentLoner, Ragnarok, Kayin, Ark, Evan, Koppis, Nolan, Silver, Yule, Tijit, Sarah, JCM/Lion, Amber, DraconicDescendant, Woeful, Neo, Salamander, nukeitfromorbit, Ae Zi, Last_Rites, platinum/spriter, Toon, guywithpasta, Myself

Going to check more for any others I missed. PM ME ALL REQUESTS BEGINNING MAY 25TH (so requests are closed for a little under 4 hours, not that it makes a difference).

~Kudo

Current status: In development by Kudo.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 12:47:25 am by Venser »
Ybbald: I read that as "deadly venser"
Ybbald: and I was like
Ybbald: "when is venser NOT deadly?"

Arkhanno: We'll have to out-source to the US. I know of a great doctor with lifeguard training that can do anything with a 90% success rate

Evan20k: Sherlock Holmes didn't have 5 arms and 6 penises and lifeguard training

liquidCorgster

• Signature Moderator
  • The Guy
  • hanged man
    • View Profile
Re: I Wanna Be The Pokemon
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2009, 09:20:50 pm »

What.

Venser

• Gloved Modulator
  • Godmin
  • The Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2009, 09:22:50 pm »

Did you not read the other thread, or are you just amazed at my 1337 h/-\ck1ng sk1llz?

Arkhanno: We'll have to out-source to the US. I know of a great doctor with lifeguard training that can do anything with a 90% success rate

Evan20k: Sherlock Holmes didn't have 5 arms and 6 penises and lifeguard training

ybbald

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2009, 09:23:39 pm »

I wanna be Seximon

Venser

• Gloved Modulator
  • Godmin
  • The Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2009, 09:25:23 pm »

You can make that on your own time.

Mostly I made this thread so that Kudo can come in and post what he's capable of in relation to this project.

liquidCorgster

• Signature Moderator
  • The Guy
  • hanged man
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2009, 09:30:26 pm »

I'm intrigued, go on.

ybbald

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2009, 09:31:41 pm »

so this thread fails?

Venser

• Gloved Modulator
  • Godmin
  • The Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2009, 09:36:30 pm »

You seriously didn't read the other thread? >.>

Fine, fine.

Evan suggested that we hack a pokemon ROM (preferably of D/P/P generation, for the special/physical split) and make the favored members the Gym Leaders and the mods the Elite 4. (As to who the Champion would be...well, we'll figure that one out.) I suggested that we go even further then that, effectively creating our own IWBTP, where we'd mod the names (and hopefully sprites) of many pokemon to make them IWBTF-themed. For instance, perhaps a Quote Train would be a pokemon.

I quickly deduced that splitting attacks into physical/special from Gen 1-3 is far beyond our abilities here, and so we're probably going to be heading into D/P. From there, Kudo has volunteered his hex modifying capabilities, and I have volunteered searching around for hacking tools we can use (I've already found one particularly useful tool). Silver volunteered as well, so I figured I'd try to get a thread started to accomplish something.

So if you're not going to talk about this, then GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY THREAD.

liquidCorgster

• Signature Moderator
  • The Guy
  • hanged man
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2009, 09:39:55 pm »

This sounds interesting. I'm not much of a hacker, but I can definitely give you my opinionation, as you may well know. And as for the champion, who else than Kayin? Or maybe The Kid.

ybbald

« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2009, 09:43:20 pm »

make sure they're replayable leaders

Silver

• Herd Leader
  • The Guy
  • Inifinty - so far away yet around us at all times.
    • View Profile
    • DarkLiteEntertainment
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2009, 09:44:56 pm »

Liquid just blew my mind with the champion.

Also, if you are leading the project, Venser, then I am ready to help at any time, but I need direction as I know very little about what I am doing. And by very little I mean absolutely nothing besides the basics of pokemon we all know.
Because pickles.

ybbald

« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2009, 09:49:24 pm »

Rename the towns after the boards here

Kudo.

• The Guy
  • Shin Megami Tennis
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2009, 10:12:10 pm »

Sableye Wonderguard/Spiritomb Wonderguard has been said to be broken with Fire Fang (I have not confirmed this myself)

if this is planned for D/P/Pt. I would recommend just going through HG/SS instead when it comes out in English, but if everyone's too impatient...this project would take a good while anyway. Pokemon hacks still might be a better idea for the GBA instead (where we know it's do-able, NDS stuff is still pretty new)

still, don't expect me to try anything until the weekend, I'm busy now. I don't know as much as I seem, I can work my way around actually using a hex editor, and trying to logically piece together what means what, but that's pretty little.

ybbald

« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2009, 10:17:35 pm »

Let's go with DP instead of D/P/Pt

Kloud

• PRO
  • The Guy
  • I hate myself
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2009, 10:34:00 pm »

Now this is cool. I've never played the newer pokemon games so it'll be a whole new experience xD
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 74