I Wanna Be The Forums!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Chat button has been eaten. Click here to join in the idling fun!

Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74

Author Topic: I Wanna Be The Pokemon  (Read 198380 times)

Kudo.

• The Guy
  • Shin Megami Tennis
    • View Profile
Re: I Wanna Be The Pokemon
« Reply #1080 on: July 29, 2013, 01:31:38 am »

Well, with my work schedule lately, I've been busy with New Leaf and SMTIV scolding little children to learn there maths all day, so as usual, I constantly forget and the negative progress goes further.

That's why I'm here to tell you I've actually done the file transfer. Surprise! Now to test each and every one of these damn things to figure out which has what. Thankfully, I've actually got time on my schedule tomorrow to do so, but I can throw copies at you without testing them (like last time) if you want.

shitty name fixed

• The Jooger, in case you didn't realize
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: December 31, 2013, 03:47:55 pm »

So...this is still being worked on?
When will it be my time?

MetaKK

• PRO-Tier
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #1082 on: December 31, 2013, 04:04:45 pm »

Yeah. It's not like showing interest in an abandoned project/one on hold might just get the maker back on it with enough effort. Let's just be a dick about it.

shitty name fixed

• The Jooger, in case you didn't realize
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: December 31, 2013, 06:39:46 pm »

It's been years since an update and it's a running joke here how infrequently Kudo and Venser work on it and how unlikely it is to ever happen. Did you read the thread?

The last page is literally jokes about how it's never gonna happen.
I ain't readin 73 pages fuck that das sum ol' bullshit
When will it be my time?

Pokota

• The Guy
  • Om! Nom! Nom!
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube!
« Reply #1084 on: January 01, 2014, 09:47:41 am »

but I can throw copies at you without testing them (like last time) if you want.

you're busy, we're considerably less so. Post them all and let God us sort them out.

Kudo.

• The Guy
  • Shin Megami Tennis
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: January 02, 2014, 10:26:37 pm »

but I can throw copies at you without testing them (like last time) if you want.

you're busy, we're considerably less so. Post them all and let God us sort them out.

Surprisingly, that's one of the few things I DID do. Mkid has em'.

At some point I should probably choose the best one, tweak it a little, and make that public. Although the thing's dated as fuck (many references, long forgotten), I can't even remember all the gym leader replacements anymore...and looks really sloppy since there was never any sprite work. Dare I say it'd be like just another fangame.

Kudo.

• The Guy
  • Shin Megami Tennis
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: January 02, 2014, 10:43:44 pm »

I'm okay with it as long as I get to slay the absolute fuck out of Venser at some point.

As creators of the game, we had planned on only doing self-inserts at the very end: with the rest of the bonuses (member rematches), stuff we didn't get to since the main game was still a mess. Therefore, neither Venser nor myself appear anywhere in the game.

ForestFalcon

• Falcon of Forest in Forest of Falcon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: January 03, 2014, 12:35:41 am »

Are Magikarps going to be more or less effective in this game?

sans

• Lurks IWBTF 24/7
  • man. isn't my brother cool?
    • View Profile
    • Luigi Floating On An Egg Over A Sea
« Reply #1088 on: January 03, 2014, 05:07:01 pm »

Speaking of, you still want that old one I fixed? I can hop on Skype after work and send it your way.
MkidTrigun is and idiot for not recognizing the fact that Venser has edited this quote.

Kudo.

• The Guy
  • Shin Megami Tennis
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: January 04, 2014, 02:13:58 am »

Speaking of, you still want that old one I fixed? I can hop on Skype after work and send it your way.
Yeah sure, that'd probably be best as a base for anything else I toss on it.

Venser

• Gloved Modulator
  • Godmin
  • The Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: March 29, 2014, 11:29:27 am »

Hey, I remember this. What a great idea that never worked out.
Ybbald: I read that as "deadly venser"
Ybbald: and I was like
Ybbald: "when is venser NOT deadly?"

Arkhanno: We'll have to out-source to the US. I know of a great doctor with lifeguard training that can do anything with a 90% success rate

Evan20k: Sherlock Holmes didn't have 5 arms and 6 penises and lifeguard training

Kudo.

• The Guy
  • Shin Megami Tennis
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: December 07, 2014, 03:51:32 am »

Features

• Broken leveling curve!
  • Oldfags!
  • Planes!
  • Other super obscure references!
  • A demo.

: Basic Walkthrough • show

Man, needing a walkthrough? What a scrub. Really let's get down to this, it might answer some questions.

PALLET TOWN (name not final)
Just like in Firered, get scolded by Professor Neo and pick a starter.

Starter stats: Guaranteed to be level 1 with no attacking moves.
Lose to the rival- Guaranteed to be level 10 with super effective moves. Man, what a cheater.

Let's see, you've got no attacks, free hold berry, or the like. You might want to grab that potion out of your PC before leaving, and then the one from the pokemart dude. They're your two heals for the trips between Pallet and Viridian. Can't beat anything along the way? Of course not, RUN. Save between grass patches if you must- you expected no bullshit in a IWBTG fangame? For shame.

VIRIDIAN CITY (name not final)
Go to the mart and grab NEO's PARCEL, then head for the hills back home. Training is futile, but now's a good time to use the pokecenter if you took a hit. It's jumbled & screwed up, but should work.

Ledge hop your sorry ass back to Pallet Town and get the pokedex. Keep in mind things may not be so simple in the final release...

Great, now you've got pokeballs- the real game begins here, if you're ballsy- try to catch something on Route 1 despite your completely inability to whittle HP down. Get back to Viridian, go past Old Man Weedle and pick up that item that's been taunting you.

You receive: 3 Rare Candies, TM10 (Tackle) (It only says 1 Rare Candy, but check the inventory- you'll have 3). Placed there to make your starter a usable Pokemon- from here you can grind and proceed normally.
Nuttier players will save the Rare Candies and try to level their starter using the TM in conjunction with whatever they catch with their pokeballs. That sounds really goddamn bothersome but I'm not the boss of you.

You don't need a walkthrough from this point on, just know that past the first gym leader there's nothing new left.

: Some changes... • show

Pokemon seen in the demo:
Loopy(Normal/Flying) -> Biplane(Normal/Flying) -> Miranda(Electric/Flying)
Cabbage(Grass/Water).

Moves seen in the demo: QUOTE TRAIN (Rollout, except Normal type. No longer a need to worry about it steamrolling your plane & probably-fire starter with type-advantage- just need to worry about it steamrolling). I may have left a few other moves found mostly in the full version, but without (super easy) data mining, you probably won't come across them.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2014, 05:35:09 pm by Kudo. »

Valkema

• Anonly Asia O_O
  • The Guy
  • What. I'm busy right now.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: December 07, 2014, 10:43:04 am »

this is a game

Pokota

• The Guy
  • Om! Nom! Nom!
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube!
« Reply #1093 on: December 07, 2014, 04:18:31 pm »

Softlock in the Pokemon Center while stalking to Nurse Joy.

Kudo.

• The Guy
  • Shin Megami Tennis
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: December 07, 2014, 05:43:02 pm »

Updated post with a little bit of info on the demo. This is primarily testing grounds to see your reactions to the changed game-start "balance." Otherwise, plans all the way up through the E4 are more or less complete.
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74