I Wanna Be The Forums!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Gaiden 1.2 patch released. Click here to download!

Author Topic: Did the game always do this?  (Read 4077 times)

poppy

• View Profile
Did the game always do this?
« on: December 24, 2009, 11:55:40 am »

Well Its been a while since I played this game, and I came back to it recently to find it was running in such a choppy slow manner that it was impossible to play. (It turned out there were some bugs on my computer)

Does the game NORMALLY sometimes have some choppyness? I'm noticing in the ghost and goblins area (or was it ghouls and goblins? whatever!) That the game is still having some choppyness, its not NEARLY as horrid as it was, and I don't remember if it always did this or not, I'm just wondering if I still have some viruses on the computer or not. X_X;

Kudo.

• The Guy
  • Shin Megami Tennis
    • View Profile
Re: Did the game always do this?
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2009, 02:13:39 pm »

Just a bit is normal, yes. Perhaps you're using the frame-skip version? Because with a slow enough computer while using frame-skip can result in such choppyness.

poppy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2009, 03:01:38 pm »

I'm definitely using the frameskip version.

My computers not TOO old though...maybe 4 years old now?

Ellipsis

• Ellipsis
  • The Guy
    • View Profile
    • If Not Equal Limited
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2009, 05:37:10 pm »

Close everything else, like anti-virus so on. Then play the slow-mo version with special effect off. That's about all you can do. Oh and don't forget to turn anti-virus back on after.

Yule

• Chaotic Evil Moderator
  • The Guy
  • Ooh La La
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2009, 09:10:49 pm »

I use Slo-mo, so I guess I get it sometimes? It usually runs well.
"I'm pretty sure the microwave fucks with my internet, hold on for like a minute thirty to microwave my spaghetti." - Rob Lineback 2014

pi4arctan1guy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2009, 03:59:29 pm »

A few things that might help:

Right click My Computer, go to properties.  Click the Advanced tab.  Click the Settings button under Performance.  Click the radio button next to "Adjust for best performance" and then scroll down and recheck "Use common tasks in folders."  Click OK a few times to get back out.

Go to Start>Run and type msconfig and then click OK.  Go to the tab that says Startup.  Uncheck everything on the startup screen, then click OK.  It will ask if you want to restart, so click Restart.

After you've done these two things, you will notice that not only does IWBTG run better, but so does everything else on your computer.  One note though, is that if you clear out your startup screen, you won't have programs loading automatically when you start Windows, so if you have your IM client or something set to automatically run, and you want to keep it that way, leave it checked in the Startup screen.  Of course, it's probably best to disable everything and then start programs manually as you need them.

poppy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2009, 10:03:12 pm »

Is it REALLY ok to turn off all that start up stuff? I find that hard to believe personally...Though my dad always just told me not to screw with that stuff, I wouldn't know for certain. >_>

Venser

• Gloved Modulator
  • Godmin
  • The Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2010, 01:32:24 pm »

There are a few things you probably wouldn't want to turn off, but the vast majority of things that start on startup are worthless programs (or spyware/adware) that you don't want anyway.
Ybbald: I read that as "deadly venser"
Ybbald: and I was like
Ybbald: "when is venser NOT deadly?"

Arkhanno: We'll have to out-source to the US. I know of a great doctor with lifeguard training that can do anything with a 90% success rate

Evan20k: Sherlock Holmes didn't have 5 arms and 6 penises and lifeguard training

4chanAnonymous

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2010, 05:04:26 pm »

Maybe you have VISTA?

sans

• Lurks IWBTF 24/7
  • man. isn't my brother cool?
    • View Profile
    • Luigi Floating On An Egg Over A Sea
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2010, 02:11:15 am »

MkidTrigun is and idiot for not recognizing the fact that Venser has edited this quote.

poppy

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2010, 01:44:48 am »

Ack, I forgot about this topic...

No I don't have vista. -_-;

Seeing my cousin's computer (which has Vista) makes me wonder why all machines with that operating system weren't thrown in a huge bonfire, with tasty marshmallows to go around. XD