I Wanna Be The Forums!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Chat button has been eaten. Click here to join in the idling fun!

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Anyone Totally Lost It Yet?  (Read 13142 times)

shatteredfox

• the game did this to me....
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone Totally Lost It Yet?
« Reply #30 on: February 04, 2008, 08:12:28 am »

The only thing that gets me mad in the game is a glitch that kills me.  Being stuck in a wall while on the road to the guy for example. 

Anything short of that is my own stupid mistake and I can't get mad over it.  At worst I'll sound angry and grit my teeth for a bit, but nothing worse than that, it's not that hard to just try it again. 

To be honest, The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker pisses me off more often, and to much more extremes than I Wanna Be The Guy ever has. 

I find that pretty shocking. I beat the wind waker really easily(that doesn't count getting lost)

but Mecho Birdo is being annoying, I am still stuck on him. I JUST CAN'T WIN!!!! I get mad but no adverse side effect. I usually leave when I feel like hitting something so I don't do something stupid. ><
"If you look up the word impossible, all you see is a picture of a Giant Cherry.

why the fuck did I do that hold on
Godammit Kayin, STOP DRINKING!
[/

Zekyr

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2008, 09:31:36 am »

Well last night at 2 AM or so I got to Dracula and this was the first time in the guy I was audibly swearing and screaming at the game. My neighbors sent someone over to see if something was wrong, I think they thought someone was beating their wife or something with the amount of yelling going on.

I calmed down after that, changed button configurations to something that always helps me kill bosses, and killed him like 3 tries later. Fuck you, dracula.

I'm giving up on the Guy now, I've died about 50 times getting a bit farther each time and after I blow his eyes out and he rakes the room with fireballs I give up, lol. I'll come back later.

Rad

• The Guy
  • Radical Dood
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2008, 09:59:23 am »

when he does that i go up top..
i wait for him to start talking and after the 2nd word i dash right... never hits me.
"I want Rad's dick."

soliunasm

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 04, 2008, 10:33:29 am »

Only on The Guy.
Spent 2 hours fighting him, got to fourth...then died.
Got back to fourth 50 minutes later, killed one eye and when I went to double-jump, died.
Finally, I had enough and had to watch this in order to calm down.
Then 5 minutes later I had won.

The Red Snifit

• I AM THE GUY
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 04, 2008, 03:05:29 pm »

I have to say, the closest thing to me "losing it" was at Dracula.
I beat him, and I went the wrong way and saved, so I had to use a backup save I made from before I beat him...
It took about twice as many attempts to beat him, and I died twice during his transformation. D:
What really got to me was his random attack patterns. I got pretty mad, but I didn't break anything.

Zekyr

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 04, 2008, 04:45:51 pm »

Thanks a fucking lot, Kayin. I just had the police called on me because of the screaming. Fuck you and fuck the Guy. I can kill him to his final form in his sleep, no fucking problems, then something stupid and random that shouldn't happen like a fireball shooting where it shouldn't kills me with 1-2 bullets left for the kill. Either that or the game crashes (yet again). Now I had to lie to the cops and tell them my sister's boyfriend was screaming at her but we threw him out of the place so everything's fine now.

EDIT: Argh, finally. After over 4 hours of repeating the stupid first forms just to redo the final part (where you go over the top and back down for the last shots) and things screwing up/crashing, finally am the Guy.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2008, 05:13:42 pm by Zekyr »

Kattwah

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 04, 2008, 07:32:25 pm »

I really didnt "lose it" through the game.

I might have if I didnt beat the guy. I believe my death count was ~400 when I hit the final save point. Three days later it was around 700... x_x

That last form took me a while to figure out how to beat. I literally jumped out of my chair when he finally died :P

Fred

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 05, 2008, 09:57:46 am »

I literally jumped out of my chair when he finally died :P

hah, I was dead certain that something was still to be done, like... dodging an apple :D
I was sitting in battle position waiting for anything to step forth and destroy the feeling of victory in the credits roll. xD
I beat The Guy and all I got was this stupid T-shirt!

Rad

• The Guy
  • Radical Dood
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 05, 2008, 11:29:56 pm »

do you dodge the apple at the end? or does it do it automatically?
i always pressed my "S" key just incase.
"I want Rad's dick."

hyrulian

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 06, 2008, 04:39:03 am »

My monitor has suffered many a fist since I got this game.
That's why I'm never gonna get an LCD monitor.  I do that too much with some games, including this one.  Although usually it's the keyboard that gets a beating, and so far, this keyboard I picked up for $2 is still holding up.

I think the only thing this game has caused me to do is slam a fist onto said cheapo keyboard (nothing happened), and repeatedly jab a finger into the R key after dying multiple times in succession.  I had long fingernails at the time, and I actually managed to shave off some of the plastic from the key somehow.  I guess that's how cheap $2 plastic is.  Or is it pieces of my fingernails shaving off?

N-Mare

• Yada-yada-yada-yada~
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 06, 2008, 06:57:56 pm »

I cursed and hit the desk with my fist, when I died right before I almost destroyed his last eye, but then got hit by those homing white things of death. I got pretty mad, but I didn't break anything luckily =P

Chronomaster

• Looks like someone needs to take a pill
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 07, 2008, 12:46:30 pm »

It's kinda weird. There's no part I've been truly frustrated, thinking back on it. Each part has irritated me equally.

Though, the Tourian area was the most tedious one. To, in, and out of.
Pages: 1 2 [3]