I Wanna Be The Forums!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Chat button has been eaten. Click here to join in the idling fun!

Author Topic: Somewhat of a Development Journal thing with Notes and Crap  (Read 4644 times)

Kayin

• Well.. They're more like giant cherries...
  • Administrator
  • The Guy
    • View Profile
Somewhat of a Development Journal thing with Notes and Crap
« on: October 23, 2007, 09:54:58 pm »

(This is just Copy Pasta from the front page... Just to make use of the SSI board functions)

It's come to my understanding that more then my internal group of testers have been playing this at an increasing rate, such indicated by posts on VGCats and Keenspace. I blame the kids at F.I.T. for this. So thanks to you guys for being all hype about this. I think I should share some information with everyone.

First: The game is unfinished with 5 out of 6 main bosses complete and none of the end game (which will have 2 more bosses). As such the game cannot be played through yet, though you could concievably beat all 5 bosses and then save on the 'incomplete' path (To be fair to everyone, it is to the right of the start. Don't go far that way until you beat all of the 5 current bosses.

Second: The game has glitches and is always getting stuff fixed up. I recently fixed a few things (Save after Birdo. There used to be one but I must of accidently deleted it), and the Motherbrain room among other things.

Third: About the nature of the game and paths. You must reach all but a few screens (The 'game over' room -- which may eventually give cranky kong style hints) to complete the game, but many of the areas are hidden. I'd say they're all partially hidden. They should be rather obvious if you pay attention to the possibilities. There is one that hasn't been found yet outside of my development circle. Just pay use some cleverness and pay attention. It's even findable on accident. But no, there isn't any 'optional' secrets. At least not yet.

Fourth: Finally. About Crashed.. MMF2 is a bit finicky so there isn't much I can do. I thank those who have stuck with it despite crashes.

That said a new version is up and I suggest downloading it. It should fix motherbrain and the birdo save. Also, please, feel free to email me. I can put up a forum if people would like a unified place to communicate. (o wait boards are clearly up now)
« Last Edit: October 23, 2007, 10:17:33 pm by Kayin »

Battlefrank

• RAYTRACING IS FUN AND I AM KAYIN'S HERO :D
    • View Profile
Re: Somewhat of a Development Journal thing with Notes and Crap
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2008, 08:21:07 pm »

FIRST REPLY!!!
  :fruit:
  :kid:
 :spikes:

dsk

• Lawful Evil Moderator
  • Global Moderator
  • The Guy
  • Like a phoenix
    • View Profile
    • Youtube videos!
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2008, 07:17:24 pm »

FIRST REPLY!!!
  :fruit:
  :kid:
 :spikes:
FIRST SPAM!

[topic]I'm really waiting for the "Cranky Kong" Room[/topic]

Cheesepuff

• Thanks to this game I know where the R button is
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2008, 08:15:29 pm »

This be a mighty old topic  :P

dsk

• Lawful Evil Moderator
  • Global Moderator
  • The Guy
  • Like a phoenix
    • View Profile
    • Youtube videos!
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2008, 08:23:29 pm »

I... just... needed... to... mini-mod...