I Wanna Be The Forums!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Chat button has been eaten. Click here to join in the idling fun!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Contribute To LOP  (Read 6614 times)

piesaregud

• BASEBALL!
    • View Profile
Re: Contribute To LOP
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2009, 09:27:29 pm »

???

My game is original. It has all original ideas and traps, save for some from IWBTG. It has nothing copied from anything here. Why do you say it isn't original? You haven't even played it yet!

1. Fire.
2. Bombs.
3. Speed Boost.
4. Clever Traps.
5. Superjump.
6. Superleap.
7. Invincibility Power-Up.
8. IWBTG Styled Challenge Mode.
9. Completely Original Storyline.
10. I could go on, but I would rather not.

Try not to make the power ups or anything actually make it easier for you, try instead to make it so it makes it even harder, like make the invincibility power up a power up that protects against fire, so you could still get killed by other things like spikes, and have a time limit to get to a safe spot. Storylines are always good. You could use speed boost to make you go through tons of screens ridiculously fast and you have to get all of the gems while moving super fast.
Health bar? No way. If you do, put a number below it that says one so it doesn't really matter.
Secret items and levels? Yes. I don't know what kind though.
One trap could be that you're teleported to a map where a nuke falls and you go boom.

*Lionheart*

« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2009, 10:39:26 pm »

The point of the power-ups is to make the level easier, the catch is that they are ridiculously hard to find. I don't think you have to worry about the power ups too much, they don't really affect game-play because most people don't look extremely hard for things like that. See how many power-ups you find once you play it and see if they make the game too easy. I don't think they will though! :fruit:

Btw, while three levels seems short for a DEMO, the levels are pretty long, especially considering the third level; a few screens with barely any traps...You will have to utilize every aspect of your brain to solve the riddle and find the last gem!

You DO have a time limit, and there is a suprise item that will alter how fast you finish, in a good, or bad, way!

I think I will use that speed boost bit, sounds like it would be fun to do.

And hey, wasn't that nuke thing already used before?
« Last Edit: December 09, 2009, 10:43:34 pm by *Lionheart* »

piesaregud

• BASEBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2009, 10:48:33 pm »

The point of the power-ups is to make the level easier, the catch is that they are ridiculously hard to find. I don't think you have to worry about the power ups too much, they don't really affect game-play because most people don't look extremely hard for things like that. See how many power-ups you find once you play it and see if they make the game too easy. I don't think they will though! :fruit:

Btw, while three levels seems short for a DEMO, the levels are pretty long, especially considering the third level; a few screens with barely any traps...You will have to utilize every aspect of your brain to solve the riddle and find the last gem!

You DO have a time limit, and there is a suprise item that will alter how fast you finish, in a good, or bad, way!

I think I will use that speed boost bit, sounds like it would be fun to do.

And hey, wasn't that nuke thing already used before?
Not sure, only been here for like 5 months, or I just haven't played that.
And I still think that powerups that make the game easier aren't IWBTG style, but it's your game. Those would be good if you made a time attack mode, to shave a few seconds off(you could make some of them traps) By the way, what is the challenge mode?
Oh, and when do you plan on uploading a demo?
Aaaaaaand for the speed boost part, you could make a spike wall that slowly comes toward you so you can't stop moving for too long.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2009, 10:55:29 pm by piesaregud »

*Lionheart*

« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2009, 11:40:32 pm »

Challenge Mode is pretty much a Test concocted by Pyro's teacher, the Sorcerer Amazigh. While a cruel and vile test, a test nonetheless. Amazigh scattered 7 power crystals across three different levels and orderd Pyro to retrieve them. He has to do it in a certain amount of time, or he fails. So pretty much your goal is to find a way to get all the crystals, as none of them are immediately in your reach, and avoid meeting a gruesome end via the many lethal obstacles while doing it. If you complete challenge mode in a certain amount of time in the Full Version, you unlock a special Story Mode item. The challenge mode has numerous abilities scattered across the landscape, and they are almost impossible to find. Some, such as SAVEJUMP, Fire and Bombs, are required to reach crystals. Others, such as Invincibility, Time Stop and Speed Boost, are used to shave off precious seconds of your final time. There are 7 abilities to find in all. (The Room you created is secret, and speed boost is required to complete it and that spike wall is there too)

While Challenge Mode has literally no Storyline in it, it is meant merely to give you a taste of what's to come. My release date should be next week, since I want to update everything as much as I can before anyone plays it, lest I get bad reviews. The Full Version could take a month or two. It is going to be EXTREMELY epic. Hopefully I make a few fans with the demo, and a lot more with the Full Version.

PM me about any more questions.

-*Lionheart*

*Lionheart*

« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2009, 10:26:16 pm »

Dammit!!!

Bad News, everyone.

My computer just recently crashed. I lost ALL that DATA!!! Now I have to start ALL over again!!! :'(

God, that sucks. Well, I should probably strive to create an even better LOP from now on... I will make the demo better, and I think there should be a boss at the end of every stage. Don't worry, there will be all the same secret rooms as before. It shouldn't take too long to start from scratch, didn't have much done in the first place! Sorry everyone.

-*Lionheart*

Rad

• The Guy
  • Radical Dood
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2009, 12:51:05 am »

lies.
"I want Rad's dick."

*Lionheart*

« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2009, 02:20:56 am »

WTF? Why would I lie about something like that? I have a Compaq Presario 2005 model desktop (Got it for free), it is running thin as is, so I have to back up my data often. In this case, I didn't. That was my mistake, I know. Damn me for not buying an extra flash drive. Besides, I can recreate all the data I lost, and I already know how to reproduce the movement and abilities. FYI, I am NOT lying. I don't do shit like that :(  I'm looking forward to this release as much as everyone else!

The DEMO will be out. Only a matter of time.

btw, im 14!!! I am not made of money!!! I have to work my ass off to earm money!!!
« Last Edit: December 11, 2009, 02:27:35 am by *Lionheart* »

playe

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2009, 03:57:40 am »

OW! I know how that feels.
I had recorded about 20 MP2 videos for YT but only uploaded 2 then my computer Crashed and now I have to redo from where I left off.
Pages: 1 [2]