I Wanna Be The Forums!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Chat button has been eaten. Click here to join in the idling fun!

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Contribute To LOP  (Read 6670 times)

*Lionheart*

Contribute To LOP
« on: December 08, 2009, 04:52:48 pm »

Hey, wanna contribute to the Legend Of Pyro?? Post some ideas for items, abilities, etc. Anyone that gives me a good Idea that I use goes in the credits, with a description of how you helped. If I use your idea I will PM you and ask how you would like to be named in the credits. Credits will be released in the final version:)

Don't worry, I give due credit!

Feel free to post your suggestions;

Think Pyro should have a health bar instead of one hit, one kill?

Think there should be secret items?

Think there should be secret levels?

What kind of secret items and levels?

Give me feedback!
« Last Edit: December 08, 2009, 05:00:26 pm by *Lionheart* »

Storyyeller

• The Guy
    • View Profile
Re: Contribute To LOP
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2009, 05:36:55 pm »

There should be a level where everything is made out of explosives and you have to be very careful with your fire or else you'll blow up everything and kill yourself.

*Lionheart*

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2009, 05:48:52 pm »

Sounds cool. Expand on it and get back to me. I think I may use this one. I'll PM you about where I will put it.

playe

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2009, 05:51:06 pm »

how about a trap that has the I'M A FIRIN MAH LAZAR thing.
you could have it activate when pyro steps on a switch.

*Lionheart*

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2009, 06:04:45 pm »

Dang, I may have to use ALL these ideas. hey gtg, I will get back to you later. Be on later.

Btw, my formulas work out for you??

Epic Kirby

• (Self Prolcaimed) King of Witty
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2009, 06:08:48 pm »

how about a trap that has the I'M A FIRIN MAH LAZAR thing.
you could have it activate when pyro steps on a switch.
don't do that thing please I'm planning to use a shoopas da woopas thing
Oh boy, I just read my old signature.
I was such a moron.

*Lionheart*

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2009, 09:58:36 pm »

Alright. I have an alternate idea that still holds the bulk of Playe's idea and doesn't exactly copy what you want to do. It will be part of a boss battle in the first installment of the whole game. Sound okay to you?

TheKidsMeal

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2009, 10:14:09 pm »

Make an original game.  :-\

*Lionheart*

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2009, 11:19:49 pm »

???

My game is original. It has all original ideas and traps, save for some from IWBTG. It has nothing copied from anything here. Why do you say it isn't original? You haven't even played it yet!

1. Fire.
2. Bombs.
3. Speed Boost.
4. Clever Traps.
5. Superjump.
6. Superleap.
7. Invincibility Power-Up.
8. IWBTG Styled Challenge Mode.
9. Completely Original Storyline.
10. I could go on, but I would rather not.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2009, 12:11:43 am by *Lionheart* »

Epic Kirby

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2009, 08:18:36 am »

Alright. I have an alternate idea that still holds the bulk of Playe's idea and doesn't exactly copy what you want to do. It will be part of a boss battle in the first installment of the whole game. Sound okay to you?
Well I will use it for a boss so now I think about a switch would be better but if you must you must
I was such a moron.

Elmo3000

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2009, 01:06:44 pm »

???

My game is original. It has all original ideas and traps, save for some from IWBTG. It has nothing copied from anything here. Why do you say it isn't original? You haven't even played it yet!

1. Fire.
2. Bombs.
3. Speed Boost.
4. Clever Traps.
5. Superjump.
6. Superleap.
7. Invincibility Power-Up.
8. IWBTG Styled Challenge Mode.
9. Completely Original Storyline.
10. I could go on, but I would rather not.

If this is going to be a genuine IWBTG-style game, then please please PLEASE, when it says "You got an invincibility power-up!" then program it so that you still die whenever you touch something, except it says "PSYCHE!"

Other than that, I have a few ideas. If there are still video-game bosses, you could try Link from A Link to the Past. You could fight in the Triforce Chamber, and he could shoot various objects at you (Bow and arrow, fire rod, magic bolt from his fully-powered Master Sword... dropping the Triforce on your head) and when you kill him, it plays the little sprite animation of him when he falls down a pit. Then for no reason, he bursts into rainbow coloured bursts (aka, beating a boss on Yoshi's Island) and you've won.

I may have thought too deeply about this... I always wanted to make an IWBTG game, except I don't have the skill or patience. :P

Ellipsis

• Ellipsis
  • The Guy
    • View Profile
    • If Not Equal Limited
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2009, 02:59:26 pm »

I think you should try to keep it 1-hit kill. It would be kinda strange to not die when you fall on some spikes or something.

Epic Kirby

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2009, 04:19:39 pm »

if I don't die when I touch a spike this is not a IWBTG like game
I was such a moron.

*Lionheart*

« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2009, 06:40:28 pm »

One hit one kill it is. And you DO die just by touching the tip of a spike, though this ISN'T a IWBTG styled game! It has elements from it, yes, but is not exactly like it!

The invincibility power-up wears off, you know, it isn't permanent. You find stars hidden extremely well in each stage that will help you finish it quickly if used right.

Since downloading MMF2 Full (Thank you Ealipssis) I am going to add a whole lot more effects onto the demo, which makes better game play possible. I am gifted with a wealth of new extensions and objects, so I am going to up the whole thing a step. I discovered a better RTR system, so game space won't be taken up as excessively as before. All in all, the whole thing is going to run better and smoother. Another effect I thought about is having the screen scroll quickly over when you enter or leave a room, but I don't know yet. (You know, a megamanish sort of RTR, only much faster and no constant scrolling)

A special feature in Challenge Mode is SAVEJUMP. Press Control while in the air for a huge boost up. Be careful how you use them, you get only TWO of these in the whole mode, and if you waste them, you're screwed!

Dunno when I am releasing the DEMO anymore, just a matter of time, so wait, it will be worth it.

The demo it's self will have THREE hidden extra rooms with special powers inside. If you can find them, be proud, because I hid them really well. There are help boxes that have to be triggered by stepping on certain places too, they give you really good hints so find as many as you can!

A breakdown of the three levels in Challenge Mode: The very first one isn't that hard, it's just figuring out what to do and discovering how to use all the controls. It has four gems.

The second one is tough, there are only two gems, but getting them will be a pain in the ass. This level utilizes Superjump pads excessively, so prepare to be airborne alot.

The final Challenge room isn't as simple as it appears. There is only One gem, but I won't reveal any more of this stage, just to keep you guessing for yourself:)

*Lionheart*

« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2009, 06:50:19 pm »

UPDATE: There will be one boss in the DEMO! Won't give many spoilers, but let me tell you, the fight will take place on a lotta screens. Prepare for a tough fight...
Pages: [1] 2