I Wanna Be The Forums!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Gaiden 1.2 patch released. Click here to download!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: LOP Let's Play!  (Read 6564 times)

Storyyeller

• The Guy
    • View Profile
Re: LOP Trailer!
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2009, 09:54:51 pm »

What if it's an engine we wrote ourselves?

*Lionheart*

« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2009, 01:04:51 am »

Anyone who wants to know, it is a original fastloop engine I built from the ground up. I added wall jump, super jump and leap, death splatter, fire shooting and more. I used no one's engine. I created my own. I don't use GM anyway, so I couldn't of used tijitdamijit's engine. Anyone who wants fastloop help should PM me with their E-mail adress so I can mail you the tutorial. my e-mail is currently messing up so if that doesn't work try to use a program called Skype to contact me. Full credit if used please. And people, PLEASE don't rate my game untill you've played it! That isn't really fair. Just give it a good chance before you count it out.

And also a heads-up on the next vid release; should be tommorow or the day after.

Later.

*Lionheart*
« Last Edit: December 15, 2009, 12:10:27 pm by *Lionheart* »

liquidCorgster

• Signature Moderator
  • The Guy
  • hanged man
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2009, 02:03:39 pm »

If you think games aren't judged before their release, take a peek at the DIII forums. Oh, the shitstorms!

Still, I look forward to viewing your new trailer.

*Lionheart*

« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2009, 12:19:16 am »

Thanks. Should be out in a bit.

playe

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2009, 07:12:41 pm »

Hey guys the trailer might not be out for a few more days. (Keyword MIGHT!)
reason for this is 'cause Lionheart hasn't given me the MFA yet 'Cause some headache or something is bothering him.
I'm not saying we won't get it done I'm just saying it may be delayed depending on how Lionheart's feeling.

*Lionheart*

« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2009, 10:19:08 pm »

No worrys, *ugh* I do have a killer headache, and have been asleep most of the day. Sorry about that:) But as of now Playe has the MFA, and we are now recording the trailer. Out soon:) Hope you like the new abilities and screens! In this revised demo frame, which will probably be an extra in the full version of the game, (because it is the beta level) Supports fire shooting, bomb exploding, and spike madness! I tried to get a miniboss in there but Playe and everyone else is impatient, and because making a boss would take about a day for me. The trailer itself should be of middle length, so it's not too bad though.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2009, 10:26:28 pm by *Lionheart* »

*Lionheart*

« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2009, 04:51:27 am »

UPDATE: The Trailer will have a miniboss, and it will be a lot longer than before. Soon after the trailer there should be a demo released. The demo will have more stuff than the trailer does, just to keep you on your toes, and a extremely horrible and vicious trap never before seen in ANY fangame! Oh the tears that will fall when the poor souls experience the horror... :o

Anyway, the demo uses only one save file for now, and if you want to delete it at any time press Backspace at the demo title. Now if you have any problems with save files post them, because it could be because I have the save path screwed up or something. If it is because of that reason, I'll make another demo and post it here. Well until the release, everybody!

playe

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2009, 08:32:48 pm »

Important update!!!!!
Well we decided that instead of making a trailer I'll lp the game as it's progressing. (meaning spoilers for those who watch the videos.)
but the things that Lionheart wants to keep a secret I won't show off so I won't spoil everything! So some mod please rename this thread to LOP Let's Play. (Jk but it's a good idea.)

SilentLoner

« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2009, 08:35:53 pm »

You could actually do that yourself, if you really wanted to. Just edit the first post.

playe

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2009, 09:29:27 pm »

You could actually do that yourself, if you really wanted to. Just edit the first post.
Really I didn't know that. Thanks!

SilentLoner

Re: LOP Let's Play!
« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2009, 09:34:43 pm »

No problem!

Levirules

• Likes Emoticons Too Much
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 21, 2009, 08:28:09 pm »

well, by modified version of tijit's engine, I didn't really mean modified version, I mean exactly the same engine with slightly new levels.  And by slightly new levels, I mean basically unoriginal repetitive frustrating boxes of crap.  If you actually change his engine, or rather add to it, since there's really nothing wrong with the core game engine, then that's cool!  MAke your own enemies and bosses and what not, import your own graphics, etc.  I'm just so sick of the same exact game over and over that I abandoned like 50 hours of work on mine cause I didn't think it was fun anymore.

Ayways, I forgot about "you putz," so when I came back to this thread just now, I laughed at it all over again XD

Storyyeller

• The Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 21, 2009, 08:54:58 pm »

Yeah, one fangame I saw here looks like someone took the premade levels in the engine, pasted in some badly drawn/ripped paint graphics, got bored after an hour and posted it to the forums.

Fortunately, that kind of 'game' quickly leaves the front page of this forum. There's no reason to give up hope, because if your fangame is good enough, it will almost certainly stand out.

Pages: 1 [2]