I Wanna Be The Forums!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Chat button has been eaten. Click here to join in the idling fun!

Author Topic: I Wanna Be The Emero - Alpha 0.11 - 15.04.2014  (Read 3332 times)

TheDarkImperialHD

• gamemaker sux
    • View Profile
I Wanna Be The Emero - Alpha 0.11 - 15.04.2014
« on: March 16, 2014, 01:49:53 pm »

This is a new Fangame that i made in Construct.
Engine=my own Engine.
Playersprite is a Placeholder

Download:
https://www.mediafire.com/?or277jzro2r5cw5

Update 0.11:
Name changed* (it was a placeholder)
Player Gravity improved*
Player Maxfallspeed improved*
Player Jumping improved*
Player Speed changed*
Titlescreen changed*
Warproom changed*
Linear sampling*
Better Fullscreen*
New Gimmicks*
New Stage*
First Boss*
More Checkpoints*
reduced overused Objects*
reduced Blur*
save/load*
Super Mario RPG Music changed*

Controls:
Left/Right = Moving
Z/Y = Jump + Double Jump
X = Shoot
Hold C = Push and Pull Crates
Hold Shift = Slow down
Up/Down = Climb
R = Restart
S = Skip
Q = Suicide
P = Pause
Hold Space = SniperMode
Mouse = Control (SniperMode)
Left Mousebutton = Shoot (SniperMode)
Right Mousebutton = Shoot alternative (SniperMode)
Esc = Go to Menu

Screenshots:

Why you should Play my Game?
More Controls than just Jump and Shoot
Epic Music
Music Resume after Death.
It wasn't made in Game Maker
It has no delicious Fruits

« Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 11:03:50 am by TheDarkImperialHD »

telemorph

• View Profile
Re: I Wanna Be The Revolution Of Games - Alpha 0.1
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2014, 04:11:40 pm »

Looks great!
« Last Edit: March 16, 2014, 05:07:07 pm by Cabadoth »

Nat

• SHET
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2014, 03:35:57 am »

The Jumping feels kinda heavy in this one. And are there going to be more "SniperMode" situations? Because right now you basically only use it in the tutorial. Anyways, not bad for an alpha, but there are some areas you could touch up on (some of the reappearing block segments are pixel perfect or else you get crushed or land in spikes and the clouds block your sight (not sure if intentional)).
Also, it would be nice if you added in toggle-able running.

TheDarkImperialHD

• gamemaker sux
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2014, 06:18:24 am »

The Jumping feels kinda heavy in this one. And are there going to be more "SniperMode" situations? Because right now you basically only use it in the tutorial. Anyways, not bad for an alpha, but there are some areas you could touch up on (some of the reappearing block segments are pixel perfect or else you get crushed or land in spikes and the clouds block your sight (not sure if intentional)).

Thank you for your Feedback.
Yea there going to be more SniperMode situations. Also more Crate situations. I just save this Gimmicks for later Parts.
The Clouds are supposed to Block your Sight sometimes,because you are very High in the Sky in this Stage.
toggle-able running ? Not sure,i prefer this Hold Shift to run like in Meat Boy.

Nat

• SHET
    • View Profile
Re: I Wanna Be The Revolution Of Games - Alpha 0.1 - Made with Construct
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2014, 12:08:12 pm »

Thank you for your Feedback.
Yea there going to be more SniperMode situations. Also more Crate situations. I just save this Gimmicks for later Parts.
The Clouds are supposed to Block your Sight sometimes,because you are very High in the Sky in this Stage.
toggle-able running ? Not sure,i prefer this Hold Shift to run like in Meat Boy.

I meant as in an option, not replacing it. But I really don't mind. It isn't that major of an issue.

Storyyeller

• The Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2014, 10:23:01 pm »

It's nice to see a fangame that wasn't made with Game Maker.

Paragus

• View Profile
    • Twitch Tv
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2014, 06:54:07 pm »

Looks great!

Were you drunk or something?  How does this look great?   The game has this stupid drunk and haze effect that is giving my eyes a nice case of stage 4 cancer.   The gimmicks are clever, but used in bad ways.   The level design of the first stage (all that I could bear before my eyes started shooting blood from their sockets all over my monitor) is tedious, and the saves are spaced far apart for the only purpose of making you redo the terrible level design over and over.  Somewhere between the blinking blocks that were overused and placed horribly I had to tap out....

telemorph

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2014, 07:06:59 pm »

Looks great!

Were you drunk or something?  How does this look great?   The game has this stupid drunk and haze effect that is giving my eyes a nice case of stage 4 cancer.   The gimmicks are clever, but used in bad ways.   The level design of the first stage (all that I could bear before my eyes started shooting blood from their sockets all over my monitor) is tedious, and the saves are spaced far apart for the only purpose of making you redo the terrible level design over and over.  Somewhere between the blinking blocks that were overused and placed horribly I had to tap out....
I only looked at the screenshot, which looked alright. I said it looked great because I was in a generous mood.

TheDarkImperialHD

• gamemaker sux
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2014, 08:34:57 pm »

Looks great!

Yea looks like my Leveldesign isn't good ^^
This blinking blocks are overused because i want save up other gimmicks for the future.
Do you have some Tipps for me? Can you explain better what you mean with "bad leveldesign" in stage 2 ?  Tiles,Spikes,Ways,blocks ?

Paragus

• View Profile
    • Twitch Tv
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2014, 09:15:07 am »

Looks great!

Yea looks like my Leveldesign isn't good ^^
This blinking blocks are overused because i want save up other gimmicks for the future.
Do you have some Tipps for me? Can you explain better what you mean with "bad leveldesign" in stage 2 ?  Tiles,Spikes,Ways,blocks ?

The first thing you need to do is get rid of that blurr effect.   As a player it makes the game super annoying to look at.   I was also streaming it yesterday and everyone hated looking at it.

You keep repeating the same obstacle over and over again.   You have the same blinking block thing for way too long with not enough save points.   The design is very tedious because its the same jumps over and over again.   Your moving platforms are not synced up properly with respawning players.   So when you die and come back, the platform is out of reach so you must stop and wait for it.   This is very bad and extremely annoying to the player.   Also get rid of the stupid "noob" thing floating above the characters head, its not funny and its annoying to look at.  The music you used is also very overused.

TheDarkImperialHD

• gamemaker sux
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2014, 12:07:38 pm »

The first thing you need to do is get rid of that blurr effect.   As a player it makes the game super annoying to look at.   I was also streaming it yesterday and everyone hated looking at it.

You keep repeating the same obstacle over and over again.   You have the same blinking block thing for way too long with not enough save points.   The design is very tedious because its the same jumps over and over again.   Your moving platforms are not synced up properly with respawning players.   So when you die and come back, the platform is out of reach so you must stop and wait for it.   This is very bad and extremely annoying to the player.   Also get rid of the stupid "noob" thing floating above the characters head, its not funny and its annoying to look at.  The music you used is also very overused.

I have watch it and just laughing my ass off.
I can agree to every thing that you said in your Stream and wrote here. Except this floating Noob word. I also don't want to change the Music. I put later more Music that isn't overused.
I don't though instantly that my Game is good. Even the Name of my Fangame sounds like. Thank you for you feedback.

Nat

• SHET
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2014, 02:29:04 pm »

Isn't this your entry for the fangame contest? If so, you'll have to replace world 1's music anyway, it coming from Super Mario RPG.
If not just ignore this post.
But yeah, that blur is funny to look at. If you don't flat-out remove it, could you at least make it an option?
Also the game doesn't save.

TheDarkImperialHD

• gamemaker sux
    • View Profile
Re: I Wanna Be The Emero - Alpha 0.11 - 15.04.2014
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2014, 11:23:26 am »

New Update:
Engine improved
New Stage + Boss

TheDarkImperialHD

• gamemaker sux
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2014, 11:05:21 am »

Forgotten Screenshots uploaded

Uncle Ochipi

• hello
    • View Profile
    • my twich channel
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2014, 10:42:50 pm »

"No delicious fruit" is a good thing... I LOVE the delicious fruit... and the spikes