I Wanna Be The Forums!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Gaiden 1.2 patch released. Click here to download!

Author Topic: problem with changing bullet limit  (Read 5428 times)

smite

• View Profile
problem with changing bullet limit
« on: November 15, 2007, 02:13:43 am »

Surprised this wasn't mentioned by anyone else that I could find so I thought I'd bring it up. The gun sometimes starts limiting how many bullets can be fired on screen at once and the effect lasts until death. It seems to be 4 to start with, but sometimes it permanently lowers to 1 after I fire some shots. This happened to me almost every time vs. the green boss specifically, making him impossible to beat on each occurrence of the glitch. It happened to my friend who tried the game on a different machine also, and I'm able to produce the effect by shooting off sides of the screen in a few places (like bowser). Sometimes I'm actually able to increase how many bullets I can fire to five.

Kayin

• Well.. They're more like giant cherries...
  • Administrator
  • The Guy
    • View Profile
Re: problem with changing bullet limit
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2007, 04:29:41 am »

Damn. Thought I finally fixed that. No matter, I think I finally got a way to keep it from happening. I'll make sure to impliment it in all the stages now.

Bittersoul

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2007, 10:05:37 am »

Actually, smite, there's a way around that.  Every time it happens I just put myself near the edge of the screen and fire into the wall (or off the edge).  The bullets should be back to normal, and if you turn around it stays normal about 70% of the time.  If it continues to limit your bullets, just turn around and try again.

If I hadn't figured that out, the third phase of Clown Copter would've taken a lot longer than it did.

Xylon Lionheart

• Maieusiophilia!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2007, 10:26:10 am »

Wait, what?  I don't remember this ever happening to me...

Bittersoul

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2007, 06:46:44 pm »

It's kinda subtle, not really noticeable unless you're paying attention.  It's just that if you're firing from across the screen, sometimes there will be a small gap in your shots between groups of 4.  Just makes it tricky at times where your shot streams need to be timed perfectly.

smite

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2007, 01:36:40 am »

What I'm getting isn't 'subtle.' It completely stops 3 of the 4 bullets, so I can only fire one on screen at a time. It's happening to me every time I try the green boss. I can never get through his 3rd stage because I'm limited too heavily in my shooting (1 bullet every 3~ seconds). But if you already know about it thats fine.  :D

That shooting the wall fix thing worked for me in other places, but it's not working here.

Bittersoul

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2007, 01:17:12 pm »

Hm, I've never had it limit down to one, that must be something location specific.  I've got nothing on that one, short of asking if it seems to be any different when you load the save a second time.  It wasn't always consistently happening to me, is it happening to you every time?

Senae

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2007, 09:09:27 pm »

Haha, yeah, fun times. The only time I can recall it lowering to one was during the mecha birdo fight.

I figured it was just the game finding another way to laugh at my failure, actually.

Though other times (far more commonly) I've been able to fire seemingly endless streams of bullets with no pause.

Edit: I had thought for a second there I typed seemingly endless bullets of streams.

I didn't, mind you. I just thought maybe you would like to know.

Bittersoul

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2007, 10:56:12 pm »

My day has been hit with a ray of sunshine whose source seems to be the information you just shared.

smite

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2007, 12:35:36 am »

Yeah it's happening every single time. I can't kill Green boss. I killed him on my first save by spamming him to death on stage 1 before it starts to happen. I went through again on another game and still had the same problem when I got to him, and that's where I am now  :P At least 20 times in a row.

Cyberventurer

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2007, 02:42:33 am »

I've had the same "disappearing bullet" problem on Zangief as well.  I think it has something to do with the fact that while he's moving around in the second part of the fight, some of my bullets are ricocheting off of his shoulder while the boss moves and making them fly off in a random direction.  I figured it wasn't letting my bullets despawn or something, preventing me from firing more.  I had to break Zangief's fight sequence too in order to progress.

I've had the opposite occur during the Clown Copter fight.  I was using an autofire function, facing left, and spamming bullets for a few seconds.  This would allow me to shoot up to 8 bullets at a time.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2007, 02:45:53 am by Cyberventurer »

Captain Soap

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2007, 08:21:54 pm »

Smite, I had the same problem as you, but I figured out how to fix the bullet limit on the KoopaCopter boss. It's pretty technical, so brace yourself.
When you enter the boss map, go to the middle of the screen, and mash the shoot button whilst dancing. Flail left and right rapidly, then after a second or two stop and you should find the bullet rate is back to normal. ;D
Go back to a time when men were men.

Master Cilander

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2008, 08:40:09 pm »

I'm currently having this problem as well.

I was able to beat The green guy by luck when my bullet count didn't drop, but now I'm losing to mecha birdo because of it. I can't kill 4 shy guys with 1 bullet at a time.

dsk

• Lawful Evil Moderator
  • Global Moderator
  • The Guy
  • Like a phoenix
    • View Profile
    • Youtube videos!
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2008, 09:09:44 am »

HOLY FUCKING NECRO BATMAN!

Also, done to death topic, will always be a issue until Kayin fixes, etc, etc, etc.

Locked.