I Wanna Be The Forums!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Gaiden 1.2 patch released. Click here to download!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 18

Author Topic: Secret items!  (Read 125490 times)

personaomega

• View Profile
Secret items!
« on: February 01, 2008, 04:47:50 am »

So.. how many has everyone here got? And which ones? Try to keep to hints, please, and try to put everything important behind spoiler tags. For instance, okay to say "I've got item 1, 2 and 3" (which I do), but if you wanna say /where/ these items are, spoiler tag, please. Then, those who wanna find it on their own can do so, ya know?

Anyways. Item one:
Hint:
You always wanted him to do something with this room. This one, at least, is pretty safe to get.

The game over room! Also, once you acquire the item, it creates a save immediately, so you don't need to get to the save point to still have it.

Far as I know, all the items past this point require a room that's actually pretty difficult and new. They're not easy to obtain... but then again, what in this game is easy?

Item two:
Hint:
Head towards Mecha birdo, you'll see it.

Once you get to the moon revealing the path to mecha birdo, jump to the area past it before you fall. You'll find your bounty here.

Item 3:
Hint:
It involves couches.

Take the path after Mother Brain towards the teleporter to the mine cart ride. On your way there, after the snakey appearing brick room, you'll get to a set of wall jumps and spikes and moving platforms.. and couches. Hold jump while being propelled up and you'll be propelled even higher, into a new room containing your bounty. This will take some difficult timing, but it is indeed possible.

I don't have item 4-6 yet. I'm looking for hints to their general areas, so I know where to look. Actually locating them I doubt will be hard once I know where I'm supposed to look. I did a quick run through of the game. I checked the mine cart ride and the labyrinth, but found nothing. Checked /every/ exit, too. Far as I can gather, the other 3 are probably in the main section of the game. Where, however, I don't know. Just hope it's not in an area you can only access before beating the bosses, like the Metroid area or Castlevania area.

EDIT:

All 6 items have been found! Remaining 3 as follows.

Item 4:
Hint:
You'll need to start a new game to get this one, because it's in an area that seals after beating the boss. Don't worry, items are seperate saves which you gain credit for on all save files and even new games.

There's really only two areas that seal. The one in question is the mother brain area. Get to the first room in this area, and then just wait for a minute or so. An enemy will pop out of the wall. Go through the area it came out of. This area is difficult, but possible. Shoot the enemies to freeze them in place to use them as platforms.

Item 5: This item, by the way, is glitched in older builds. Make sure you have the proper game if you want this item.
Hint:
It involves falling ceilings and being underground

It's in the kirby area, right after you get past the rolling spikes and are underground. DON'T SAVE at this part. Because when you reload, the walls will reform, and you'll have to restart the entire area to get to it again. You need to get past the rolling spikes and also get to the other side in one go.

Item 6:
Hint:
It's hidden within the fortress of the guy, somewhere, you've already found the other 5, this is the only place left.

Specifically, it's found right before the final tower of the guy. You'll notice some cracks in the wall on your way over. You need to get at them from the other side by falling down one of the falling blocks and jumping off at the right time. Simply get on your floating platform from there, and enjoy the eggplants.

And there we have it! Enjoy the hunt, or enjoy the platforming difficulty alone, your choice!
« Last Edit: February 04, 2008, 01:54:33 am by personaomega »

Kayin

• Well.. They're more like giant cherries...
  • Administrator
  • The Guy
    • View Profile
Re: Secret items!
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2008, 05:00:16 am »

I'll just say it comes down to one in almost each major area. So they're spread out.

personaomega

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2008, 05:47:24 am »

Ow. I just wasted my time in the kirby area. I thought to myself... "Kayin, you're probably a jerk. You probably made it so that the area the little rolling spikes open up right before Kraidgeif where an item was.". You know the area. The one that seals up after you reload. So you' have to redo that area each time in order to get to it.. and it's hard to get to it. But damnit if I didn't try. And I tried until I actually managed to get to the other side. And to my disappointment, you weren't as mean as I was expecting. Back to item searching... actually, no, to bed. Item searching tomorrow. Still hoping to find these before other people do. Or at least, before other people post about it.

Akutsi

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2008, 06:59:34 am »

I found one at the metroid place. (sorry my english)

After that invicible brick room at the metroid place wait some time and there will come some bug at wall go in that hole where the bug came and there will be 1 secret item (The hole is left side of room)
« Last Edit: February 01, 2008, 07:15:01 am by Akutsi »
My english is bad

Chris S.

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2008, 10:17:48 am »

About #3, personaomega:

I can't make the last wall-jump to the left side of the room.  I lose speed about halfway there and then fall into the spikes.  I've made the jump relatively high off that wall, and I still don't get close to the ledge.  Is this jump possible?  Is there some trick to it?

Edit: damn forgot spoiler tag

Edit again: nevermind:
I just magically double-jumped after a wall-jump, which is something I didn't think was possible and had even tried to do here a few times without any success.  So, ignore this.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2008, 10:22:43 am by Chris S. »

Youesded

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2008, 11:18:43 am »

After that invicible brick room at the metroid place wait some time and there will come some bug at wall go in that hole where the bug came and there will be 1 secret item (The hole is left side of room)

But it's impossible to go to the metroid place after you beat mother brain.
The path seals up.

Chris S.

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2008, 02:01:22 pm »

#5:

Hint:
One of the former The Guy's is hiding something.

Ryu Hayabasa's protrait in the Fortress of The Guy.  There's a cracked section in the lower right.  Jump into from the next screen over and you'll find a moving platform.  Step on the block keeping it in to release it and ride it under The Bridge of The Guy to the right.  Jump before it hits the other wall to reach the unreachable save point and the next secret room.

Akutsi

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2008, 02:02:54 pm »

But it's impossible to go to the metroid place after you beat mother brain.
The path seals up.

Start another save. Items comes every save what you make.
My english is bad

personaomega

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2008, 02:06:39 pm »

About #3, personaomega:

I can't make the last wall-jump to the left side of the room.  I lose speed about halfway there and then fall into the spikes.  I've made the jump relatively high off that wall, and I still don't get close to the ledge.  Is this jump possible?  Is there some trick to it?

Edit: damn forgot spoiler tag

Edit again: nevermind:
I just magically double-jumped after a wall-jump, which is something I didn't think was possible and had even tried to do here a few times without any success.  So, ignore this.

Actually, there is a method to it, if you were curious. As a note, you can double jump after a wall jump provided you hadn't beforehand. Holding onto a wall doesn't count as a ground, so your double jump counter won't reset.

You just need to single jump up to the first booster platform, then kinda manuever your way up so that you get high enough, then simply double jump at the end of your final booster platform.

And I've found the 4th item. Ya.. Though I do appreciate the difficulty, Kayin, the metroid room /does/ seal. You've gotta make a new game in order to get the item, which at least means it's possible. I have a suggestion! Once you beat the guy, unlock all the bosses again, but include a hotkey to pass them! That way, if you wanna skip 'em, you can, and if you wanna re-fight them or explore there area, you can!

Chris S.

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2008, 02:23:08 pm »

[What was said in the last post]

Oh ... I was just assuming that the keypresses were not being registered every so often, or there was some sweet spot in the jump, or whatever.  That's actually pretty intuitive and I should have known, heh.

I agree about Tourian.  Maybe just unseal everything after beating The Guy and let the players free roam.  You can press backspace to get to the "Trophy Room" right?  I can't seem to get the ending to work, so I don't know.

Kayin

• Well.. They're more like giant cherries...
  • Administrator
  • The Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2008, 02:29:13 pm »

Sealing makes you have to be more clever. :D

Dagnarok

• Neutral Good Moderator
  • Administrator
  • The Guy
  • Commander of the USP Talon
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2008, 03:11:24 pm »

Kayin knows what "clever" means??

Oh God we're all gonna die!!!

*needs to play IWBTG since he hasn't in so long!!*
Quote from: Tilyami
Shuu is like the monkey's paw if the monkey's paw was a partridge.

finale

• Mind over matter. Personified.
    • View Profile
    • my work number
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2008, 03:40:17 pm »

Dammit, I was happy having finally beaten it on Med. Now I have to start into the madness all over again.

Snakeman

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2008, 06:03:21 pm »

Actually I think other save files affect what items you had.

I know this because after I got the one item from the
game over room

I went on my old file (that was at the room of Divine Transportation) and there it was.

Youesded

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2008, 06:15:59 pm »

HEY KAYIN HOW ABOUT A HINT ON THE LAST ITEM

I've got the one from the guy, the metroid place, ghouls n goblins, game over room, and the tower (couch jumping)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 18