I Wanna Be The Forums!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Chat button has been eaten. Click here to join in the idling fun!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 18

Author Topic: Secret items!  (Read 132240 times)

Jboy

• View Profile
Re: Secret items!
« Reply #45 on: February 03, 2008, 11:18:40 am »

Zekyr: Single jump onto the bottom edge of platform 1, all the way on the right.  Fire off of there toward platform 2, the only one you can reach.  Jump right from platform 2 and catch your momentum in the air, you can just barely pull yourself back on the correct side of platform 1 without hitting the spike.  Do that and grab the top of it.  Immediately fire left onto platform 2 again, fire right onto platform 3 (the topmost one), fire again over and catch the other side of platform 2.  Now, you'll be way too high to make it so let yourself slide down a ways before firing into platform 4 (leftmost one), up onto platform 5, then blast your way over and while you still have the height to make it, use the double-jump to complete the section.  Then you get to deal with the turrets! ^^

Also:
I'm buggered about this kirby thing, I'm currently standing next to the wall at the end of the race where I was SURE it would be and I can't get through.  I also can't jump up to the top of the hole, so I'm hoping this isn't another 5-block, pixel-perfect jump like I had to try about 100 times to make into the room before MechaBirdo.  In fact, I opened the forums just specifically to see if anyone had it figured out yet...

UltraJMan

• Hurdadurdalur.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 03, 2008, 11:27:46 am »

Zekyr: Single jump onto the bottom edge of platform 1, all the way on the right.  Fire off of there toward platform 2, the only one you can reach.  Jump right from platform 2 and catch your momentum in the air, you can just barely pull yourself back on the correct side of platform 1 without hitting the spike.  Do that and grab the top of it.  Immediately fire left onto platform 2 again, fire right onto platform 3 (the topmost one), fire again over and catch the other side of platform 2.  Now, you'll be way too high to make it so let yourself slide down a ways before firing into platform 4 (leftmost one), up onto platform 5, then blast your way over and while you still have the height to make it, use the double-jump to complete the section.  Then you get to deal with the turrets! ^^

Also:
I'm buggered about this kirby thing, I'm currently standing next to the wall at the end of the race where I was SURE it would be and I can't get through.  I also can't jump up to the top of the hole, so I'm hoping this isn't another 5-block, pixel-perfect jump like I had to try about 100 times to make into the room before MechaBirdo.  In fact, I opened the forums just specifically to see if anyone had it figured out yet...

You're not the only one stumped by this damned Kirby one, I beat the thing in the race and that didn't work, I tried jumping up the hole, that didn't work. I'm just standing in that room stumped on what the hell to do...
UEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEH

dsk

• Lawful Evil Moderator
  • Global Moderator
  • The Guy
  • Like a phoenix
    • View Profile
    • Youtube videos!
« Reply #47 on: February 03, 2008, 11:52:57 am »

I find people talking in spoilers funny :D

Fred

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 03, 2008, 12:08:43 pm »

it is funny :D
I beat The Guy and all I got was this stupid T-shirt!

SmashFiles

• Your not a true gamer, until you beat IWBTG
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Account
« Reply #49 on: February 03, 2008, 12:14:52 pm »

*cough*

hmmm... that looks like a graphic change, its in the room, the room after the race... but how did you get there... O_O
[size=135]Look down your shirt, if you get a boner, than you know your fat.[/size]
On a completely different note, it appears that I'm banned in 27 countries.

Snakeman

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 03, 2008, 02:51:23 pm »

Hmmm, I think I know where it is, but I'm going to try it and see if it works. If it doesn't, then this just confuses me to no end.
EDIT: Yeah, it didn't work. This just confuses me greatly.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2008, 02:56:40 pm by Snakeman »

TheGoemon

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 03, 2008, 03:10:57 pm »

Haha..I got bored and figured i'd see if there was a change on medium- impossible at the room we're all stuck in... NOPE  : )...

SmashFiles

• View Profile
    • My Youtube Account
« Reply #52 on: February 03, 2008, 03:52:00 pm »

I dont think he really found it, i think he just MADE that picture. though im probably wrong.
[size=135]Look down your shirt, if you get a boner, than you know your fat.[/size]

Zekyr

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 03, 2008, 03:57:44 pm »

Zekyr: Single jump onto the bottom edge of platform 1, all the way on the right.  Fire off of there toward platform 2, the only one you can reach.  Jump right from platform 2 and catch your momentum in the air, you can just barely pull yourself back on the correct side of platform 1 without hitting the spike.  Do that and grab the top of it.  Immediately fire left onto platform 2 again, fire right onto platform 3 (the topmost one), fire again over and catch the other side of platform 2.  Now, you'll be way too high to make it so let yourself slide down a ways before firing into platform 4 (leftmost one), up onto platform 5, then blast your way over and while you still have the height to make it, use the double-jump to complete the section.  Then you get to deal with the turrets! ^^

Yeah, I got lucky and figured the path out finally to get up there. The turrets were zero problems. If you just fall down holding right you pass by all of them right to the secret item, no need to time jumps or kill turrets or anything. While everyone else is busy trying to figure out how to get to the kirby room, I'm now attempting to figure out wtf I'm supposed to do in the one before birdo. That first spike stumps me. Am I supposed to fall off the platform and use double jump to get back on? Is that even humanly possible?

SmashFiles

• View Profile
    • My Youtube Account
« Reply #54 on: February 03, 2008, 04:00:08 pm »

Zekyr: Single jump onto the bottom edge of platform 1, all the way on the right.  Fire off of there toward platform 2, the only one you can reach.  Jump right from platform 2 and catch your momentum in the air, you can just barely pull yourself back on the correct side of platform 1 without hitting the spike.  Do that and grab the top of it.  Immediately fire left onto platform 2 again, fire right onto platform 3 (the topmost one), fire again over and catch the other side of platform 2.  Now, you'll be way too high to make it so let yourself slide down a ways before firing into platform 4 (leftmost one), up onto platform 5, then blast your way over and while you still have the height to make it, use the double-jump to complete the section.  Then you get to deal with the turrets! ^^

Yeah, I got lucky and figured the path out finally to get up there. The turrets were zero problems. If you just fall down holding right you pass by all of them right to the secret item, no need to time jumps or kill turrets or anything. While everyone else is busy trying to figure out how to get to the kirby room, I'm now attempting to figure out wtf I'm supposed to do in the one before birdo. That first spike stumps me. Am I supposed to fall off the platform and use double jump to get back on? Is that even humanly possible?

Yes, it is.
But I must warn you.
Watch out for falling bricks

syllogism

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 03, 2008, 04:12:07 pm »

Actually that screenshot is legitimate, however I've no idea how you are supposed to get there. Personally I was playing on Very Hard , died in the tetris section (near the end, the next tile was going to be the Dr. mario pill) and somehow got transported into that room and into that specific spot. The tunnel above leads to the last save point before kraidgief, but you can't climb back up.

SmashFiles

• View Profile
    • My Youtube Account
« Reply #56 on: February 03, 2008, 04:13:40 pm »

Actually that screenshot is legitimate, however I've no idea how you are supposed to get there. Personally I was playing on Very Hard , died in the tetris section (near the end, the next tile was going to be the Dr. mario pill) and somehow got transported into that room and into that specific spot. The tunnel above leads to the last save point before kraidgief, but you can't climb back up.

... i am going to try the tetris room, die on the next to last tile, and see if it works  :D

EDIT: Mind telling me where you were standin?
« Last Edit: February 03, 2008, 04:20:22 pm by Pivot7474 »

syllogism

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 03, 2008, 04:24:19 pm »

... i am going to try the tetris room, die on the next to last tile, and see if it works  :D

EDIT: Mind telling me where you were standin?

I think I was trying to jump on the final L block, then some lines got destroyed and the next tile/block killed me, but I wasn't really paying attention.

Kyper

• Forum lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 03, 2008, 04:43:35 pm »

My magic 8 ball tells me that all signs point to yes this room...

Delvin

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 03, 2008, 04:51:59 pm »

Yeah, that's what like everyone here has been trying to do. How did you get that returning passage visible by the way? And where did the spikes that are normally there disappear?

The problem is, this doesn't work. Maybe there's a glitch or something? Like the spikes are supposed to break the entrance wall in the next room but they don't. I've also been there and hugged every inch of the right-hand side passage after the spikewall smashed it to pieces.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 18