I Wanna Be The Forums!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Chat button has been eaten. Click here to join in the idling fun!

Author Topic: Big sloppy blowjobs for IWBTG, and a quick question.  (Read 6773 times)

Duke of the Bump

• Herzog Null
    • View Profile
    • Duke of the Bump
Big sloppy blowjobs for IWBTG, and a quick question.
« on: November 15, 2007, 06:49:24 am »

Hi guys. Long-time player, first-time de-lurker here. I'm a huge fan of IWBTG, it's one of the best free games I've ever played. Like many, I was directed here via the Retronauts podcast. (Okay, I guess that doesn't make me a "long-time player", but whatever.) I can't wait for the final version. Which brings me to my question:

Will save files from previous builds be compatible with the final build of the game, or do you not have enough information to know yet? I'm just wondering if I should press on or wait for the final version - if it's released soon, it'd be silly for me to spend time on a save I ultimately won't be able to beat the game with.

Either way, keep up the awesome work.

Bittersoul

• View Profile
Re: Big sloppy blowjobs for IWBTG, and a quick question.
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2007, 10:08:51 am »

Not to put words in Kayin's mouth, but each alpha build's saves have been compatible with every successive new build, and from everything he's said, once you're done all you have to do is wait for the final release.

So my unofficial estimate pending an emergency or spectacular oversight is that the saves should be compatible, so you can play 'til you're blue in the fingers.

Cyberventurer

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2007, 11:40:46 am »

I hope nobody minds if I latch onto this with my own question, because I didn't know if it deserved its own thread.

What is the music that plays during the Mecha Birdo fight?  I checked the faq and it mentions 3 metal themes from Guilty Gear Isuka, but I just checked the sound track and I didn't hear it at the start of any of the tracks.  Did I miss it, or does it come from another game?  I've never heard it before but I really liked the theme.

Kayin

• Well.. They're more like giant cherries...
  • Administrator
  • The Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2007, 03:27:02 pm »

Music and the giant Warning screen are from Ikaruga. The track name is Butsutekkai and is used during the first boss.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LES0bAg0dBk

Saves should be compatible but if anyone gets fucked over I'll try and replace their saves.

Plasma

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2007, 09:02:54 pm »

Saves should be compatible but if anyone gets fucked over I'll try and replace their saves.
I, uh, had a save on Impossible that had all the bosses beaten, but I lost it all when I, um, updated from 3.0.239.0 to the newest one. *ahem*
This message is really only here to show that Kayin's signature character limit of 300 is way too high, and that he should change it. I mean, what would anyone even do with all those characters other than to make a mockery of this anyway? This must be really annoying to everone else. Flanders sucks.

McDohl

• Beta Tester
  • OBJECTION!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2007, 11:42:00 pm »

OBJECTION!

You can't save on Impossible!

(note: Sarcasm present in the above two posts.)

Plasma

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2007, 07:27:45 pm »

You can't save on Impossible!
Well yes, you'd think that, wouldn't you. Yet I somehow managed to do so anyway.

Because I'm just that awesome.
This message is really only here to show that Kayin's signature character limit of 300 is way too high, and that he should change it. I mean, what would anyone even do with all those characters other than to make a mockery of this anyway? This must be really annoying to everone else. Flanders sucks.