I Wanna Be The Forums!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Chat button has been eaten. Click here to join in the idling fun!

Author Topic: Limited bullet count?  (Read 5427 times)

sequoia

• View Profile
Limited bullet count?
« on: February 13, 2008, 02:35:31 am »

I've been watching videos online and I can't figure out how they shoot so fast... and after a little browsing i have noticed some people are mentioning a bullet count glitch, autofire, etc.

I'm currently on The Guy, but if someone could let me know if getting rid of the bullet count is a legitimate path to take, how can i do so?

thanks

dsk

• Lawful Evil Moderator
  • Global Moderator
  • The Guy
  • Like a phoenix
    • View Profile
    • Youtube videos!
Re: Limited bullet count?
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2008, 04:34:27 am »

There is none, it is a random glitch that seems to happen more in certain areas.

QBall

• I died again
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2008, 08:08:41 am »

this is by far the most annoying thing. My gun is permanently stuck just firing 3/4 shots per salvo, which makes defeated bosses twice as hard. All those youtube vids somehow bypass this, is it a slowmo / frameskip difference? I run slowmo
I am the worst gamer ever, the worst speedrunner ever, and the worst iwbtg player ever. However, i made the wikipedia article.

Dagnarok

• Neutral Good Moderator
  • Administrator
  • The Guy
  • Commander of the USP Talon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2008, 10:47:06 am »

You can disable some things in the game that might help you (I believe it's under 'Options'). :P
Quote from: Tilyami
Shuu is like the monkey's paw if the monkey's paw was a partridge.

dsk

• Lawful Evil Moderator
  • Global Moderator
  • The Guy
  • Like a phoenix
    • View Profile
    • Youtube videos!
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2008, 10:55:33 am »

this is by far the most annoying thing. My gun is permanently stuck just firing 3/4 shots per salvo, which makes defeated bosses twice as hard. All those youtube vids somehow bypass this, is it a slowmo / frameskip difference? I run slowmo
4 is the limit...

Tenebrais

• I have a hat too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2008, 01:39:07 pm »

If you shoot at such a rate that the first bullet hits before you fire your fourth then you can keep up a constant stream of bullets.

During the Clown Copter fight I found that by firing repeatedly off-screen I could change the number of bullets allowable at once, though I couldn't control how many. I don't know if this will do the same thing in other screens though.

Snood

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2008, 08:26:55 pm »

If you shoot at such a rate that the first bullet hits before you fire your fourth then you can keep up a constant stream of bullets.

During the Clown Copter fight I found that by firing repeatedly off-screen I could change the number of bullets allowable at once, though I couldn't control how many. I don't know if this will do the same thing in other screens though.

You can not "see" more than 4 shots that can potentially hit something at once, and yes, atleast in older versions not sure about B2, in the beginning of the kkk if you fire offscreen then you avoid the 4 shot limit, making it unlimited. This should definately be fixed though, as 4 shots can make bosses such as the guy a lot harder.

dsk

• Lawful Evil Moderator
  • Global Moderator
  • The Guy
  • Like a phoenix
    • View Profile
    • Youtube videos!
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2008, 11:00:30 pm »

4 shots is the CORRECT LIMIT.

Snakeman

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2008, 11:32:12 pm »

4 shots is the CORRECT LIMIT.

It is, it only changes at the Clown Copter Trio segment. Well, that's the only change I ever experienced. And autofiring is done with macros I believe. I'm not sure how it's done though.

But this is just a pointless topic. Be a man and stop whining about the max bullet limit changes.

Kyper

• Forum lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2008, 12:51:50 am »

I don't see how this is a pointless topic seeing as how this can sort of affect boss rush times, but that's just me I guess. There's definitely a bullet max decrease in the entire lower path I think, excluding the 'recovery' route.

As for bullet max increases, I can somewhat consistently get a bullet max increase on Mecha Birdo. On Drac, I think I see 5 bullets on the screen sometimes. In the Clown Copter room, there's a definite way to increase your bullet max. There's a vid of it on Youtube somewhere.

dsk

• Lawful Evil Moderator
  • Global Moderator
  • The Guy
  • Like a phoenix
    • View Profile
    • Youtube videos!
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2008, 09:32:34 am »

If the first bullet hits before you fire the fifth, it appears that it's an unlimited stream.