I Wanna Be The Forums!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Chat button has been eaten. Click here to join in the idling fun!

Author Topic: MF2 Question  (Read 4539 times)

Neko Desu

• The Guy
    • View Profile
MF2 Question
« on: April 30, 2010, 07:39:58 pm »

I would like to include a video in one of my frames. So I insert my video into the frame as a Direct Show object, and in the Event Editor I tell the video to play at the start of frame. Tested the frame out, the video works, everything plays well.

But when I actually Build the application, the video's gone! I don't know why. The video isn't even in the portion of the frame I told it to be in, instead it's replaced by empty space. Can anyone help me with this?

The other MF2 object for playing videos, the AVI object, doesn't work. When I test the frame it says "MCI Error: The Device Driver is not ready," and the frame turns out blank. My video is in .avi format.

sgt.D

• Yo dawg !
    • View Profile
Re: MF2 Question
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2010, 04:19:39 am »

It's weird : I tried on my computer to creat an application with a directshow avi video and it worked perfectly Oo
The problem might come from your version of mmf2, your pc or your video itself , dunno :s

Mort, the Lonely

• ¡Lamerator!
  • Least Powerful Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2010, 09:40:09 am »

Does it have to be AVI to work on MF2? If not, try converting it to MPEG or 3GP.
“Oh my god if Mort came back I am so going to kill someone.”

Neko Desu

• The Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2010, 02:05:34 pm »

It's weird : I tried on my computer to creat an application with a directshow avi video and it worked perfectly Oo
The problem might come from your version of mmf2, your pc or your video itself , dunno :s

Build the game, then play it. The video will not show.

Does it have to be AVI to work on MF2? If not, try converting it to MPEG or 3GP.

Yes, it has to be AVI.

sgt.D

• Yo dawg !
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2010, 05:10:14 pm »

Yes, it has to be AVI.

I build the game => the video works

Neko Desu

• The Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2010, 05:58:28 pm »

Yes, it has to be AVI.

I build the game => the video works

It doesn't work for me, though! Is there something you did in the events that I don't know about?

sgt.D

• Yo dawg !
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2010, 06:10:20 pm »

Only the directshow object with the event:
start of the frame => play

That's all :/

Neko Desu

• The Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2010, 06:24:27 pm »

Only the directshow object with the event:
start of the frame => play

That's all :/

Wow....that's...

I don't know what to say.

That's the exact same thing I did. DirectShow object that contains a .avi video, and in Events I tell the video to play at the start of frame. It works and everything, but when I actually build the game, the video is gone. I don't know what's going on.

Neko Desu

• The Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2010, 05:24:49 pm »

I press "Help" button and this is what it says:

It shows the list of faulty files. It is very important that you relocate these files in a sub directory of the application if you want it to work on other machines than the one you are developping the application on. This dialog is just a warning : you can decide to keep the files external to the sub directories of your application, but you have to be sure to install them properly on other machines.

What's this "sub directory of the application"?

sgt.D

• Yo dawg !
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2010, 08:08:36 am »

i dunno :/ try to make the directshow object to load ur video when the frame start