I Wanna Be The Forums!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Gaiden 1.2 patch released. Click here to download!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Need Mother Brain Help  (Read 5060 times)

Rad

• The Guy
  • Radical Dood
    • View Profile
Re: Need Mother Brain Help
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2008, 08:23:55 pm »

EDIT: Btw, when you save after Mother Brain, after you die, does the timer reset to the beginning. Say you saved at 600 if you die, would it just start at 600, or would it revert back to 2000 something.

it restarts.
"I want Rad's dick."

Supa

• <3
    • View Profile
    • Supa's deviantArt Gallery
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2008, 08:37:25 pm »

Ah, good to know.

Augh, I can break the third barrier 70% of the time and survive now. But NOW I get gunned down when blasting the fourth barrier. Any tips, guys?

Yule

• Chaotic Evil Moderator
  • The Guy
  • Ooh La La
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2008, 08:49:29 pm »

Shoot a couple shots from the 3rd barrier and jump across to the 4th ledge, fire away, jump onto
the MB ledge and break glass, then wait for laser diaganol from you to fire and jump back to the 4th ledge
and alternate between spots as the spaghettios fire. Thats all i got.
Oh and dont die 0.-
"I'm pretty sure the microwave fucks with my internet, hold on for like a minute thirty to microwave my spaghetti." - Rob Lineback 2014

Supa

• <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2008, 09:43:06 pm »

Ok, I finally made some progress. I can semi-easily get past the third barrier. The fourth is a little easier now. And I finally broke the glass. But I tried the alternating between barriers thing, they gunned me down :( I'll keep trying, but if anyone has a better idea, feel free to post it.

Yule

• Chaotic Evil Moderator
  • The Guy
  • Ooh La La
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2008, 09:46:23 pm »

I'm pretty sure my way is the general strategy that is
widely used.  Just practice more and you will win. :spikes:
"I'm pretty sure the microwave fucks with my internet, hold on for like a minute thirty to microwave my spaghetti." - Rob Lineback 2014

Chris S.

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2008, 02:44:01 am »

I always do better when I focus on avoiding the spaghettios first, and you can avoid them pretty easily like so:

On the Mother Brain screen, they more or less will all come out at the same time.  Okay, not at the same time, but if you stand in one spot and jump at the last moment, all but a few will converge on that spot at the same time.  So, when you are relatively safe and ready to switch locations, wait for all spaghettios to be shot (I think the two on the far right are the last to be shot), then jump to a new platform, take some shots at Mother Brain or dodge laser fire, then stop and patiently wait for the spaghettios again.  Be careful about laser fire while stopped, since sometimes it shoots at weird angles.

The key to Mother Brain, for me, is getting that subtle rhythm down with the spaghettios.  If you wait like that and jump at the last minute, then most of them are converging on where you were and you'll have far fewer to dodge, which opens up time to shoot the boss.  But, you have to learn to calm down and be patient.  Or at least I did.  If you panic, it all screws up.

Supa

• <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2008, 11:29:54 am »

That technique worked for me up to the fourth barrier. Whenever I get to the fourth barrier, I can get it down very thin, but then I end up getting swarmed by the spaghettios. Man, this boss really is giving me a beating.

EDIT: I can easily take down Mother Brain's glass now. I can interchange once(struggling to), then way too many spaghettios swarm me. I can see I'm improving, and the boss is getting easier, but it's still a pain.

EDIT2: With a little practice, I finally defeated Mother Brain! That feeling was awesome. Mods, would be so kind to lock this topic.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2008, 01:43:11 pm by supakilla9 »

Kitty

• What a furry.
  • Administrator
  • The Guy
  • ねこみみん is happy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2008, 04:39:45 pm »

Will do!
So adorable! <333
Quote from: Zuks
Quote from: Cat
I think it's raining.
Are you sure there isn't just some weird sky leak above your head?

Pages: 1 [2]