I Wanna Be The Forums!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Chat button has been eaten. Click here to join in the idling fun!

Author Topic: A very n00bish question about a certain jump.  (Read 2655 times)

cr0n.

• View Profile
A very n00bish question about a certain jump.
« on: February 23, 2008, 06:00:00 pm »

On the Tetris screen, does the double jump to get on top of the final block usually take a while to get, or am I just jump-retarded?

I've seen plenty of videos in which the jump seems no problem, but for some reason I can never quite make it and get pill-squished over and over again because of it :(.

Just wondering,

cr0n.

Yule

• Chaotic Evil Moderator
  • The Guy
  • Ooh La La
    • View Profile
Re: A very n00bish question about a certain jump.
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2008, 06:01:49 pm »

Its all about timing, you'll get it if you try more.
"I'm pretty sure the microwave fucks with my internet, hold on for like a minute thirty to microwave my spaghetti." - Rob Lineback 2014

cr0n.

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2008, 06:07:06 pm »

Haha, I must really need to work on my timing. I've got 95 deaths on this save and I'd attribute about 3/4 of them to this jump.

Oh, well. Back to getting squished.

Supa

• <3
    • View Profile
    • Supa's deviantArt Gallery
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2008, 06:11:27 pm »

There is an easier way to get on top of the pink block. Simply go to the left side, and wait on top of the dark blue block. When the grey strip comes down, jump on top of it, then jump on top of the pink block. I found this to be easier than trying to jump from the cyan block to the pink block. It helped me, see if it helps you.

giuocob

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2008, 03:04:36 pm »

There is an easier way to get on top of the pink block. Simply go to the left side, and wait on top of the dark blue block. When the grey strip comes down, jump on top of it, then jump on top of the pink block. I found this to be easier than trying to jump from the cyan block to the pink block. It helped me, see if it helps you.
Listen to this. I'm pretty sure this is the way Kayin intended it to be done, as the final gray strip comes down much more slowly than the others and allows plenty of time to jump on top of it.

dupemaster77

• Dupemaster77 is a bowl of oranges.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2008, 08:05:26 pm »

Listen to this. I'm pretty sure this is the way Kayin intended it to be done, as the final gray strip comes down much more slowly than the others and allows plenty of time to jump on top of it.

Indeed... This is the way I used because jumping to the pink block 1st is epic phail.
What can I say, I'm just that kind of person.

You meet me and instantly want to punch me.

I am just that lovable.

XD