I Wanna Be The Forums!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Chat button has been eaten. Click here to join in the idling fun!

Author Topic: umm im new  (Read 2831 times)

PheonixOsiris

• View Profile
umm im new
« on: February 24, 2008, 10:20:54 pm »

i need some help on how to beat mechabirdo cause its really hard...  :fruit:   ???

:kid:

:spikes:

Kitty

• What a furry.
  • Administrator
  • The Guy
  • ねこみみん is happy.
    • View Profile
Re: umm im new
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2008, 12:57:39 am »

Which portion do you need help with?
So adorable! <333
Quote from: Zuks
Quote from: Cat
I think it's raining.
Are you sure there isn't just some weird sky leak above your head?

Tenebrais

• I have a hat too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2008, 12:17:12 pm »

MB is definitely a tough one. Make sure you practice long jumps when the egg things are moving fast. I found it helpful to ignore MB itself and focus on dodging things while shooting to the right as often as possible.

darkhamsterlord

• I wanna be the guy! But Delicious Fruit pwns me.
    • View Profile
    • Cafe Comic
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2008, 03:00:14 pm »

MB is definitely a tough one. Make sure you practice long jumps when the egg things are moving fast. I found it helpful to ignore MB itself and focus on dodging things while shooting to the right as often as possible.

That's what I did, worked for me.

Just put all of your focus into staying on the Egg Missiles, and not touching the flashing part (Phase 3) Just shoot as often as possible.
"Too many brides these days can't weave baskets.. Blindfolded.. Underwater." - The Judge, Apollo Justice

giuocob

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2008, 03:07:05 pm »

When you get to his second and third stages, just mash shoot repeatedly and focus only on making the jump between eggs and dodging his lasers. Pay special attention to the shy guys in stage three, as your pretty much screwed if one of those gets behind you.

PheonixOsiris

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2008, 03:58:54 pm »

ok i got to where the red things dead now what?

Tenebrais

• I have a hat too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2008, 04:03:33 pm »

If by "the red thing" you mean the antenna then this is pretty much the stage we're all talking about. :P
It takes damage when you hit its eyes, but trying to aim will normally distract you to the point that you'll die. Focus on surviving and just fire off to the right; Birdo moves fast enough that you'll often hit anyway.

Edals

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2008, 05:26:49 pm »

Get into it and learn a little bit as you go each time. Practice makes perfect. That's pretty much how you get through everything in this game.

More specificially, on the first form, just on that third egg and start pounding away at the fire button like your life depended on it. You can get about 15 of the roughly 25 hits needed to take out his first form that way, and if you get good at it, you can take out the whole first form before you even need to leave that egg (by jumping up and timing your shots to hit him on the downswing).

The second form is easy if you remember to keep track of several things: you want to keep track of roughly how frequently he shoots those eye-beams. If he hasn't shot one in awhile, try to avoid risky jumps if possible so you don't land right into one of them. Same goes for those shy guys or whatever the hell they are that pop up. Finally, try to make sure that you are at the very far right of the egg platform before you make your jump if you have to make a really far jump. I can't tell you how many jumps I missed not paying attention to that, and it's easy to lose track in all the confusion.

On the third form, the biggest problem becomes the fact that you can no longer touch the front of the eggs. If at all possible, you want to get your final hits on the 2nd form when you're higher up on the screen, so you can give yourself some time to adjust by having a relatively easy first jump. This requires you to count the number of hits you put on the second form, however. I guess I'm just naturally good at that kind of thing.

Keep in mind also that The Kid is very responsive in the air and you don't need to do a double jump right away. Get creative with your jumps and you should be able to avoid the missiles, and everything else is basically the same. For this form, I would go with the rest of the crowd here and say just keep firing shots to the right when you get a chance but otherwise focus on avoiding things.

Hope this helps a little.