I Wanna Be The Forums!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Gaiden 1.2 patch released. Click here to download!

Author Topic: Need help with a secret item room...  (Read 1861 times)

Fluppy Dogs

Need help with a secret item room...
« on: February 28, 2008, 02:57:08 am »

*Sigh* I have tried again and again at this. I'm at the part where you hold down the Shift key so the couches launch you all the way up into the secret room...it's right after the 3 appearing/disappearing block rooms.

Now what I don't get is, how do you get over to the left side? I jump off yellow tape until I am at the far-left...thing in the air, and jump to the left, yet I get barely half the distance needed to reach the ledge.

So basically, I keep launching from these things and dying because I am NOT JUMPING FAR ENOUGH!

Help???

And don't even mention the Master Higgens room...I know it's way harder. I've seen UltraJman do it...*Dreads*

Does anyone know what collecting all these things are for...? Knowing this game, it'll screw me over and tell me it was all for nothing right when I get the last one...lol.

dsk

• Lawful Evil Moderator
  • Global Moderator
  • The Guy
  • Like a phoenix
    • View Profile
    • Youtube videos!
Re: Need help with a secret item room...
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2008, 05:59:55 am »

Double jump...?

Edals

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2008, 07:27:52 am »

You have to save your double jump. The idea is to get to your final jump without blowing your double jump. Do a single jump onto the first wall, bounce to the second wall, then bounce off the second wall to the right then as soon as you regain control, come back left and land (higher up) on the first wall (it's difficult if you're not a good wall-jumper, but it's doable). Then bounce up to the third wall, yadda yadda and you'll have your double jump stored.

If you have trouble reaching the second wall (or getting back to the first wall without landing on a spike) while only doing a single jump, you can also double jump onto the first wall, then immediately spring to the second wall and hold left and jump (which you'll probably be doing anyway). The Kid will kind of get stuck in the wall if you went high enough, but he won't be trapped. He'll still be able to bounce off, but the point is the game will consider him to be STANDING, not wall-jumping, so you'll get a brand new double jump. While still holding jump, just spring off the second wall and come back to the first. Thanks to a bit of increased height, falling back onto the first wall should be a lot easier. This may be a glitch so I can't guarantee that it will work on your version of the game or if it will work at all in future revisions, but hey it can't hurt to try, ya?

Once you get to the rest of the wall-jumps, as long as you have your double-jump still, everything else is fairly self-explanatory. Hope this helps. Good luck.

Fluppy Dogs

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2008, 06:27:58 am »

Alright, thanks.

I knew the order to jump in, I just kept using up my double jump to get to the top of the second wall, so I could jump off it to the top-right one...