I Wanna Be The Forums!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Chat button has been eaten. Click here to join in the idling fun!

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 42

Author Topic: I Wanna Be The Boshy (Online, V.1.0 is released!)  (Read 580864 times)

avengah

• I am the Guy, the Fangame, Pickory AND The Boshy!
    • View Profile
Re: I Wanna Be The Boshy (Online)
« Reply #105 on: October 29, 2010, 03:35:04 am »

That boss at the end of world 7 is FUCKING HARD. I thought Sonic was ridiculous. I thought the flying section was horrible. Both took me many, many tries, but not as many as this boss did. ARRRGGGGHHHHH! Thank fuck it's over! BACKING UP SAVE IMMEDIATELY!

Stinkycheeseone890

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 29, 2010, 08:54:31 am »

@Stinky

Thanks. Sorry for "wasting" your time. As an apology, here's a link to my website.

You weren't wasting my time. I was just happy to help! ^_^
ಠ________ಠ

Bla20020

• That Guy Who Got Eaten
  • Explosions. Dey cool.
    • View Profile
    • Bla20020's FORGING Clan of Halo Reach
« Reply #107 on: October 29, 2010, 04:45:51 pm »

@Stinky

Thanks. Sorry for "wasting" your time. As an apology, here's a link to my website.

You weren't wasting my time. I was just happy to help! ^_^

I know. It was just to get more people to join my website :D

Anyways, I found a fun forum game where you have to try to get to 100 before a mod posts. You have to count up by 1's while including the number (please color, people usually can't find it if you don't color it then they start over :3) and if you don't count the next number or if you post twice within 15 minutes, or the reason of the game (when a mod posts) then you go back to 1. It's actually quite entertaining.

http://kayin.pyoko.org/iwbtg/forums/index.php?topic=2892.4200
©2011, official post of Bla20020
³Ways ²die ²day.
My Webzite for getting ded on Halo Reach:
http://bbcr-haloreach.webs.com/

avengah

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 29, 2010, 07:10:15 pm »

Well, the boss of World 8 wasn't as hard, but there was a tricky pattern to memorise. I'm now in World 9, having done two secret areas. This is getting really good!

EDIT: I've found another exploit. In addition to the exploit I discovered in World 4, which I mentioned above, there's one in World 9.
There are two rooms where you're supposed to push blocks round, and destroy barriers. In the second room, you're supposed to bounce on Paratroopas at the top, going from right to left, but you don't have to. As long as you leave one of the barriers in the middle of the room, you can use it as a platform, thus not needing to bounce along the Paratroopas.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2010, 08:06:40 pm by avengah »

Depryhmon

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 29, 2010, 10:29:20 pm »

the game is very good
good work :D
and am in the Kirby area

sj

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 30, 2010, 08:02:55 am »

First off great game. I've just reached the Ninja Gaiden area and it has been very challenging this far. (playing Hardon)

Anyways I've ran across some bugs and I thought i should report them here :)

1. In the Castlevania level you can lure Simon backwards and dump him in the water thus eliminating the chase aspect of the next few screens.

2. If you are playing on EZ mode you shoot both the special bullets from your spaceship and the standard bullets from your gun in the Gradius level.

(this may or may not be a big one) This is an example: What you have to do is go all the way to the left so you touch the wall. hold left and jump up through the one way platform. The result will be that as soon you passed through the platform you can actually walk up the wall (which is useless in this example because there is a spike up there). This works everywhere where there is a one way platform. I haven't found any situation yet where this may become useful BUT in at the Bomberman miniboss I've noticed that you can perform this glitch without any one way platform. I dont know if this is a specific glitch of the blocks in the Bomberman stage or if you can perform this everywhere but you might want to look into this.

avengah

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 30, 2010, 11:08:54 am »

Yeah, I'd noticed I sometimes walk up the left wall and didn't realise why. It first happened for me in World 5. Yeah, that's how I got rid of Simon - I thought you could do it either way. I did end up doing it the other way too, out of interest.

The Gradius stage is horribly annoying, because even on EZ mode you can't hold the fire button down - the normal bullets are useless. And if you get Double then Laser, is the Laser supposed to cancel out the Double? I.E. Do you have to do it Laser first, then Double afterwards?

Solgryn, you are very, very evil. The bit of World 10 just before the boss is downright nasty. It took me well over a thousand tries to do this "chase" section, but I managed to do it eventually. Now I've got to go back because I missed something in World 9, so since there's no teleporter to the teleporter room in World 9, I'll have to go through World 10 all again! For a third time, since I already went back once!

FOUND ANOTHER GLITCH. I've collected the 8 secret items on the front screen and 10 CDs. The CDs I've collected are the first nine and the Sax one from World 10. However, only the first nine appear on the title screen of the game - the Sax one doesn't appear. Could this be because I missed the previous one? Here's hoping when I find the other CD they'll both appear on the title screen.

EDIT: I've now found the other CD. The last CD on the Title Screen is still blank, even though I've got them all!
« Last Edit: October 30, 2010, 12:20:16 pm by avengah »

Bla20020

• That Guy Who Got Eaten
  • Explosions. Dey cool.
    • View Profile
    • Bla20020's FORGING Clan of Halo Reach
« Reply #112 on: October 30, 2010, 03:12:31 pm »

So... "lol" is all I can say.
I was in the JTV secret area and found this...

(Look at bottom of post)

Red = What I'm talking about
Green = my opinion
Blue = it proves it is in I Wanna Be The Boshy

THE FUNNIEST PART is that it was the first line that came up.
©2011, official post of Bla20020
³Ways ²die ²day.
My Webzite for getting ded on Halo Reach:
http://bbcr-haloreach.webs.com/

avengah

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 30, 2010, 04:22:19 pm »

Right, I've got to the end of World 11. Now what do I do? All that's there is a teleporter that takes me back to the teleportation room. I've done both secret worlds, collected all the secret items and all the CDs (although the last one is blank on the title screen). The only thing I can think of that I've not done is get all the Pro Mode trophies. Oh, and how do I get "Secretly Secret"? I've got all the secret items so I don't know how to get that one. It could be glitched because when I got World 7's secret item, it said it gave me a SNAKE trophy, but there isn't one.

Anyway, what do I do now? Is that the end of the beta?

EDIT: I just watched a video on JTV. It seems that there's supposed to be a staircase there, but there's just a teleporter in my game. I think this is where Ee-Zed mode ends, but it would have been nice to have been actually told this rather than just wondering what to do next. Gonna start a new game on Average next. This'll be fun, seeing as it's hard enough on EZ mode!

EDIT2: Actually, I'll start a new game on Hard-on mode. The only difference there is the number of save points, so I think I can cope with it - I'll give it a go!

Found another EXPLOIT in World 11:
Near the start, instead of going down, just go right. When you drop into the bit where the wall tries to crush you then knocks the bone bridge horizontal, try to be at the top right of the enclosed space when the wall crushes you against the bone bridge. If done correctly, you will end up inside the wall. Simply hold left or right to move up through the wall, and end up on top, next to the tick / cross box. Alternatively, you might end up on top of the now horizontal bridge, thus being able to go straight to the Cobrat.

EDIT3: There are a number of glitches involving the Heart Blocks in Worlds 10 and 11. Or is it deliberate? Anyway, in World 10, there are a number of Heart Blocks sitting on top of spikes. You are only safe on the edges of these blocks - stand in the middle, and you die. Obviously, a tiny bit of the spike protrudes through the blocks. This happens during the chase at the end, and also in another room with a tick / cross box, just before the room with the homing throwing star. And in World 11, while riding the Cobrat, there are some Heart Blocks covering spikes in the room where you have to weave round to the top right using jump extenders. To put it simply, they don't work; you go straight through them. Probably because Cobrat isn't programmed to react to them?

Also, when selecting Mario in the character select screen, the graphics go funny - he turns into a black box in the picture.

EDIT4: I've found what seems to be a major glitch that makes progress beyond World 3 on any difficulty other than EZ almost impossible, regarding the Mario fight. It's really nasty. What happens is this: after the hammer attack, which is almost impossible to dodge anyway, the cycle starts again. However, the first time he jumps out of the lava, instead of just doing a quick spiral of fireballs, LOADS of extra fireballs come out of the lava as well, practically covering the screen! I don't think this is supposed to happen... is it? And it makes the boss almost unbeatable. If that glitch hadn't happened, I'd have won by now; I've tried over and over, and even though I've only survived the hammer attack a few times, I've died at that stage every time I've got to it. I'm sure it's not supposed to happen like that - please fix it, Solgryn! Thanks!
« Last Edit: October 31, 2010, 08:36:46 am by avengah »

sj

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 31, 2010, 02:53:09 pm »

another bug: at the kid icarus miniboss (that multiplying flame thing) it's possible that if you kill one flame it doesn't split into two. i don't really know what causes this but i think it happens if you kill 2 flames at the same exact time. if you pull it off this fight gets super easy.

Fred-eye-inc

« Reply #115 on: October 31, 2010, 04:11:22 pm »

The only thing that has gone wrong with this game , was me using an old save file and the room had been changed so i was saved in some spikes. So basically this game so far for me has had no faults <3

avengah

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 01, 2010, 03:41:44 am »

I'll upload a screenshot of the bug with the Mario boss, so hopefully Solgryn can fix it. The thing is, I've got a feeling it doesn't happen on everyone's computer; Michael on JTV didn't suffer that bug when he beat Mario. At least with a screenshot he knows what problem I'm having, so he should be able to fix it, hopefully. Screenshot uploaded now.

Basically, it's AFTER the hammer attack. The first time he says "I'm moving now!" after the hammer attack, a load of extra fireballs come from the bottom of the screen where Mario is under the bridge. This, in addition to the normal Bowser flames and Mario's normal spiral of fireballs at this point makes it almost impossible.

EDIT: I want to continue with this game, so I'm going to cheat. I know it's wrong, so sue me. I've used Cheat Engine to give myself unlimited shots on the screen. Shame there's no turbo feature, but hopefully unlimited shots will let me win before the bug occurs... If that doesn't work, I'll make myself invincible. Obviously I'll disable it after the boss.

Damn, that didn't work. It seems that the value used to store number of shots on the screen changes from room to room, and even in one room it's different each time you restart. Oh well, I suppose I'll have to just be patient.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2010, 04:34:39 am by avengah »

flairina

• Fear the light, it destroys all...
    • View Profile
    • My Deviantart Account
« Reply #117 on: November 01, 2010, 05:36:07 am »

I'll upload a screenshot of the bug with the Mario boss, so hopefully Solgryn can fix it. The thing is, I've got a feeling it doesn't happen on everyone's computer; Michael on JTV didn't suffer that bug when he beat Mario. At least with a screenshot he knows what problem I'm having, so he should be able to fix it, hopefully. Screenshot uploaded now.

Basically, it's AFTER the hammer attack. The first time he says "I'm moving now!" after the hammer attack, a load of extra fireballs come from the bottom of the screen where Mario is under the bridge. This, in addition to the normal Bowser flames and Mario's normal spiral of fireballs at this point makes it almost impossible.

EDIT: I want to continue with this game, so I'm going to cheat. I know it's wrong, so sue me. I've used Cheat Engine to give myself unlimited shots on the screen. Shame there's no turbo feature, but hopefully unlimited shots will let me win before the bug occurs... If that doesn't work, I'll make myself invincible. Obviously I'll disable it after the boss.

Damn, that didn't work. It seems that the value used to store number of shots on the screen changes from room to room, and even in one room it's different each time you restart. Oh well, I suppose I'll have to just be patient.

I'm playing on ez mode, so it didn't happen to me. However, when I died and let it play for a while, I noticed the same thing. And it. :(

avengah

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 01, 2010, 05:52:22 am »

A solution to the problem is on Solgryn's website. Look under APPS, there's a program called Spammorama. It spams a key. Set it to spam the X key at max speed (the bar all the way to the left). By doing this, I was able to beat him before that fateful attack. I survived the hammers (I'm getting slightly better at that, though admittedly it's very hard) and beat him on the next bit. Do the Mario! Well, at least that's done now, so I can continue as normal. I still think it needs fixing with utmost urgency for others, though.

EDIT: I'm glad I did that. I've just beaten the Mutated Godzilla, and am thoroughly enjoying the game again. It felt so good to beat that vertical spike shaft before it; there's no save at the top on Hard-on so I thought it'd take ages, but it didn't really take that long!

Solgryn, I've found what might be an EXPLOIT in World 5:
At the start, you can coax the logo out from the top and jump back into the top left corner, wait for it to drop and then go, eliminating the need to be really quick through that bit.

EDIT2: There's also a glitch with Sonic. Nothing major, and it only affects EZ-mode. I think it happens because the game checks Sonic's HP at the end of phase 1, and since his HP is halved in EZ-mode, the bug happens. Basically, at the end of Phase 1, if his health is still above a certain amount, Phase 1 repeats (minus the very first bit where he says "You're too slow"). If not, phase 2 starts. If phase 2 starts this way, he throws the Chaos Emeralds at you from offscreen at the bottom left, and starts flying around you from there. However, if you then take his health below the amount required to bring him into phase 2 normally, the platform rises higher and the fire covers the top part of the screen. I'm assuming this is because when phase 2 starts, the fire and platform rise, so by triggering the start of phase 2 twice, they rise by twice the amount they're supposed to. In EZ mode, it's trivial to take off enough health to start phase 2 before the end of phase 1, so it's not really important, and I only realise it's a glitch now that I'm playing through on a higher difficulty.

Oh, and a pause feature wouldn't go amiss.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2010, 09:39:02 am by avengah »

Storyyeller

• The Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 01, 2010, 09:31:32 am »

If you want to spam a key, you can just use AutoHotKeys.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 42