I Wanna Be The Forums!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Chat button has been eaten. Click here to join in the idling fun!

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 42

Author Topic: I Wanna Be The Boshy (Online, V.1.0 is released!)  (Read 597511 times)

Fred-eye-inc

Re: I Wanna Be The Boshy (Online)
« Reply #90 on: October 27, 2010, 06:02:10 am »

The final version will be available soon!
I love you <3

avengah

• I am the Guy, the Fangame, Pickory AND The Boshy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 27, 2010, 07:10:33 am »

I'm really angry now.

My computer crashed during the final sequence of World 6. My save file got reduced to 0 KB. Why? It wasn't mid-save or anything?!? I don't mind playing through most of it again, but FUCKING SONIC. And my 3500 kills that I need to accumulate again for the Etable achievement. That'll take all year. If I can beat Sonic, which I nearly couldn't last time, and which took me two days of almost non-stop play to do.

EDIT: I'm now at Sonic, with all achievements I had before plus one: the Pro Mode for World 1, which is actually really easy to get. Possibly far easier than it's supposed to be.

Question for World 4. There's a room with this shape: \_/ with the diagonals made out of arrows. At the bottom there are four heart blocks covering some spikes, and you need to try to get to the bottom right of the room. There are also two double-jump replenishers over the bottom spikes. My question is this: what purpose do the double-jump replenishers and heart blocks serve? You can simply jump on to the underside of the \_/ formation, and from there easily double-jump to the lower right corner of the room; thus not having to go near the heart blocks or double-jump replenishers. I've got a slight feeling you're actually intended to complete the room by going up the left, over the top, back down the far left, then quadruple-jump over the spikes to get to the exit, but it's not even difficult in the slightest to reach the bottom of the \_/, seeing as you go through the arrows anyway by a couple of squares if you haven't jumped, and you can then use the double-jump to get there - and this technique is also required to get over the spike in the top left corner.

Sorry if that's a bit confusing; I did it the hard way out of curiosity, to see if I could and to see if it looked like the right use for the jump extenders. There aren't extra spikes on higher difficulty settings are there? As in, on the bottom of the \_/ shape? Although, if spikes were removed for EZ mode, there'd be no need for the heart blocks.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2010, 10:24:14 am by avengah »

Bla20020

• That Guy Who Got Eaten
  • Explosions. Dey cool.
    • View Profile
    • Bla20020's FORGING Clan of Halo Reach
« Reply #92 on: October 27, 2010, 03:03:22 pm »

Everyone hates me. :(
©2011, official post of Bla20020
³Ways ²die ²day.
My Webzite for getting ded on Halo Reach:
http://bbcr-haloreach.webs.com/

Solgryn

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 27, 2010, 03:06:02 pm »

I'm really angry now.

My computer crashed during the final sequence of World 6. My save file got reduced to 0 KB. Why? It wasn't mid-save or anything?!? I don't mind playing through most of it again, but FUCKING SONIC. And my 3500 kills that I need to accumulate again for the Etable achievement. That'll take all year. If I can beat Sonic, which I nearly couldn't last time, and which took me two days of almost non-stop play to do.

EDIT: I'm now at Sonic, with all achievements I had before plus one: the Pro Mode for World 1, which is actually really easy to get. Possibly far easier than it's supposed to be.

Question for World 4. There's a room with this shape: \_/ with the diagonals made out of arrows. At the bottom there are four heart blocks covering some spikes, and you need to try to get to the bottom right of the room. There are also two double-jump replenishers over the bottom spikes. My question is this: what purpose do the double-jump replenishers and heart blocks serve? You can simply jump on to the underside of the \_/ formation, and from there easily double-jump to the lower right corner of the room; thus not having to go near the heart blocks or double-jump replenishers. I've got a slight feeling you're actually intended to complete the room by going up the left, over the top, back down the far left, then quadruple-jump over the spikes to get to the exit, but it's not even difficult in the slightest to reach the bottom of the \_/, seeing as you go through the arrows anyway by a couple of squares if you haven't jumped, and you can then use the double-jump to get there - and this technique is also required to get over the spike in the top left corner.

Sorry if that's a bit confusing; I did it the hard way out of curiosity, to see if I could and to see if it looked like the right use for the jump extenders. There aren't extra spikes on higher difficulty settings are there? As in, on the bottom of the \_/ shape? Although, if spikes were removed for EZ mode, there'd be no need for the heart blocks.

You're playing on ez and heart blocks are only there on ez-mode...

Fred-eye-inc

« Reply #94 on: October 27, 2010, 03:17:49 pm »

Oh btw solgryn i have a sticky topic featurieng only the best fangames (adn evidently there aren't many) i featured I wanna be the boshy because it is one of my fave fangames!

Solgryn

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 27, 2010, 03:18:22 pm »

Oh btw solgryn i have a sticky topic featurieng only the best fangames (adn evidently there aren't many) i featured I wanna be the boshy because it is one of my fave fangames!

Fred-eye-inc

« Reply #96 on: October 27, 2010, 03:20:02 pm »

No problem <3

Bla20020

• That Guy Who Got Eaten
  • Explosions. Dey cool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 27, 2010, 04:16:55 pm »

[Bla20020] eats Maximum Tomato.
[Bla20020] has chatted. "WHY IS EVERYONE INGORING ME"
(You) has chatted. "STFU AND GTFO"
[Bla20020] has chatted. "UMG NUUUUUUUU"
(You) has ingored Bla20020.
(You) has gone idle.
(You) has un-ignored [Bla20020].
[Bla20020] has chatted. "AFTER THAT I'M GONNA VOMIT ALL OVER HER"
(You) has chatted. "Who?"
[Bla20020] has chatted. "I'VE BEEN TALKING FOR LIKE AN HOUR ABOUT YOUR MOM HAVEN'T YOU BEEN LISTENING"

Lol. My friend snapped a picture of his chat box and sent it to me XD

EDIT: This is not the IWBTB chat box. That's why it says "you has chatted", "bla20020 has chatted", etc
« Last Edit: October 27, 2010, 06:11:13 pm by bla20020 »
³Ways ²die ²day.

avengah

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 27, 2010, 07:04:43 pm »

I'm really angry now.

You're playing on ez and heart blocks are only there on ez-mode...

I know that, but what I'm saying is this. It doesn't matter which mode you're playing on; in that particular room the heart blocks don't appear to have any use. You know which room I'm on about? There's a chest with (I think) the timer above. From the room below the chest, if you start at the save point facing the right way up, then go right through the arrows which turn you upside down, then bounce off the arrow at the top turning you upright again, then as you go through the arrows on the right of the \_/ shape, double-jump on to the underside of the shape. Then, from there, double-jump to the exit of the room. I really don't see the purpose of either the heart blocks or the jump extenders. As I said, if you didn't jump first, you go slightly through the arrows, but if you do jump first, you bounce off them immediately. However, you need to go through the arrow then use your double jump to reach the underside of the \_/ shape; BUT in order to get to the top left of the screen, you ALSO need to go through the arrow before using the double jump to make it over the spike!

What I'm saying is, all the stuff at the top left and bottom left of the room is totally pointless; simply jump to the base of the \_/ then to the exit, bypassing everything else in the room. Is that what you intended?

EDIT: Here's a clip for clarification: http://www.justin.tv/michael_1985/b/272416835 at 1:01:20. You see? Instead of what he did at that point, simply jump to the underside of that block in the middle then from there to the exit! Easy!

Also, in World 2, did you intend the Waddle Doo to be killable before it shoots its beam, because it can very easily be.

Progress report: Got past Sonic again. I spent an hour failing miserably, took a break then beat him on my second try. Now I'm stuck on a certain section at the end of the next world, involving powerups. This part's so irritating that I've shouted FUCKING HELL at least twice! I will not be denied!
« Last Edit: October 27, 2010, 07:21:00 pm by avengah »

SGFAZ1

• I have returned
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 27, 2010, 07:59:16 pm »

>3 = FUNTIMES  :D
I didn't just rage at any Kittens with a name with a greeting in it, NO SIR.

Fred-eye-inc

« Reply #100 on: October 27, 2010, 08:02:51 pm »

I still love hello kitty no matter how much pain henputs me through.

Bla20020

• That Guy Who Got Eaten
  • Explosions. Dey cool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 27, 2010, 08:07:24 pm »

Ok, forget what I said about the file 3 kappa boss minigame thing. it as only because i played online...

So now my question changes. HOW THE FUCK DO YOU GET TO KAPPA?
³Ways ²die ²day.

Stinkycheeseone890

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 27, 2010, 08:19:07 pm »

Ok, forget what I said about the file 3 kappa boss minigame thing. it as only because i played online...

So now my question changes. HOW THE FUCK DO YOU GET TO KAPPA?
YOU NEED THE FUCKING CAKE? Lol, but yeah, you need the cake, it makes the outlined blocks in world 3 solid. :)
ಠ________ಠ

avengah

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 27, 2010, 11:28:31 pm »

More horridness. I got to the end of that nasty flying section - the exit was visible - and I died. That took several hundred tries. A few tries later, I had double lasers, speed up, 3 options, got 1 pixel (literally) away from the end and died. THIS IS SO ANNOYING. I am getting slightly better, but it's so luck-based it's unreal. Without the power-ups it's virtually impossible, and if the worst enemies come out at the start it's virtually impossible. My hand aches (and has been for hours now) so I'm giving up for now. Otherwise I'll probably do myself an injury. I'll try again tomorrow.

EDIT: Last night I went on the Solgryn website after that, and saw the program designed for ragequits: Less Than Three. I thought what the hell, I'll give it a go. It surprisingly works very well to relieve stress! Not my aching fingers, though... Hehe!

EDIT2: The break did me a lot of good. It still took me a fair few tries, but in my new-found calm and collected state, I managed to do it.

GLITCH ALERT!

Solgryn, you might want to sort this out. I found the secret item in the next world, and it said SNAKE, SNAKE in the top right with a trophy picture (and the Success sound effect), but there is no SNAKE trophy, and I haven't been given credit for it at all. I still have 37 trophies, which is the same number I had before.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2010, 08:23:15 am by avengah »

Bla20020

• That Guy Who Got Eaten
  • Explosions. Dey cool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 28, 2010, 03:05:33 pm »

@Stinky

Thanks. Sorry for "wasting" your time. As an apology, here's a link to my website.

³Ways ²die ²day.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 42