I Wanna Be The Forums!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Chat button has been eaten. Click here to join in the idling fun!

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 42

Author Topic: I Wanna Be The Boshy (Online, V.1.0 is released!)  (Read 582374 times)

avengah

• I am the Guy, the Fangame, Pickory AND The Boshy!
    • View Profile
Re: I Wanna Be The Boshy (Online)
« Reply #120 on: November 01, 2010, 10:46:13 am »

Another glitch I almost forgot is this. During the Megaman fight, at the end on EZ mode, there's a bug in the routine that draws the bow. The whole screen ends up going pink, and makes it very hard to see.

EDIT: Am I ever going to beat Sonic on hard mode? The difficulty level's ridiculous, and I know there's no glitch this time. I got him down to 25%ish health, but there's just so much luck involved - he's far too fast to dodge with any real skill, especially when you've got Dr. Robotnik's bombs to worry about as well!

EDIT2: I've died about 1800 times on Sonic now. My death counter is now at 4509, and it was at about 2700 before I attempted Sonic. I honestly don't think Sonic is in the least bit fair, and I really think he should be toned down. This is the best I've done, and I've NEVER survived this particular attack, out of about 4 times getting that far! The timing is horrible!

EDIT3: I survived that attack! Then died straight after. ARRGH! After topping 2000 deaths, I decided to try Spammorama again. It took another hundred or so tries, but I managed to beat him on Phase 3. I honestly think he's too hard, and I intend to complete the rest of the game with much less trouble.

EDIT4: Another glitch. I'd noticed this before but forgot to mention it. The clock that says how long you've been playing a particular file is glitched in two ways. Firstly, it starts at -1:00:00 instead of 0:00:00. Secondly, it resets itself after a while (I'm not sure of the exact amount, but it goes back to -1:00:00 when it overflows).

EDIT5: I'm up to Megaman now. I died with him having 6 health left. Then 2 health left. ARRRGH! But then... I killed him and died at the same time! We must have touched as I fired the last shot. Game over... I waited... and it counted the victory and moved me on! Yay! I'm at the World 8 boss now, and I'm taking a break; been playing for far too long... fresh start later, with my trigger finger refreshed! Haha... the "great level design" bit is truly outstanding, and there are a couple of very, very nasty jumps in there, especially on hard mode where there aren't many saves!

NEW DAY EDIT: Major progress made. I've beaten the boss of World 8, and he's really great fun. I missed out on the Speedrun by about a second, so I did it again and managed it with several seconds to spare. Such a fun boss...

Who's the face that cameos in the corner during the "Get over here!" attack?

Now halfway through World 9. I was right; nothing has given me any major trouble. A few hard bits required quite a lot of attempts, but nothing out of the ordinary.

NEW DAY EDIT2: Now at the final boss with both my files (EZ mode and hard-on). Everything collected. This might take a while... I've worked out how to dodge his first few attacks... but it's very nasty.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2010, 03:41:18 am by avengah »

Insanity Pie

• People Are Hell
    • View Profile
Re: I Wanna Be The Boshy (Online, V.1.0 is released!)
« Reply #121 on: November 03, 2010, 11:07:40 am »

BUMP for great justice PLAY THIS GAME MEOW!

SGFAZ1

• I have returned
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 03, 2010, 08:50:30 pm »

I think I'm gonna have to kill someone. Game doesn't work, final or any of the other versions.
"COULDN'T CHECK FOR NEW VERSIONS HERPADERPADERP" it says, so I click it. A new window pops up.
"COULDN'T CHECK FOR NEW VERSIONS HERPADERPADERP"
Do I have to cut off my internet so this game will work? It says playing it offline will work. And I heard someone say that if the computer is faster, it'll work, but the problem is? This computer is only 2 years old. It's a recent Netbook computer, no reason for it to be slow. I can run 3D games without a problem, such as emulating N64 games, I can play Minecraft, but OH NO, BOSHY'S TOO HARDCORE.

avengah

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 03, 2010, 09:56:55 pm »

If my internet is down it just says "Couldn't check for new versions" but lets me play anyway.

I can happily say now that Sonic is possible. Very possible. Very difficult, but very possible. I even managed the speedrun bonus! Looks like the 50/60FPS really did make all the difference!

I decided to start a new file on Hard, just to see what changes were made. Mario's different too - the timing for his attacks has changed slightly. That exploit in World 4 has been removed, and so has the one at the start of World 5. On we go!

sj

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 04, 2010, 05:22:26 pm »

ragequit because of 50 frames  >:(

avengah

• View Profile
« Reply #125 on: November 05, 2010, 05:53:33 am »

You're joking, right? 50 frames makes it much easier!

Sonic is now promoted from "totally impossible" to "barely possible", and many of the other bosses can be beaten much quicker, due to their vulnerability periods being longer! For example, Mario didn't even get to the attack where the glitch occurred in this latest version; I was able to defeat him before that stage. The boss of World 8 can be beaten before he finishes his cycle... just. In the old version, World 8's boss had to be defeated near the start of his second cycle.

Even a couple of jumps become easier in 50 frames, such as the spike shaft at the end of World 4, and even the spring jump in the middle of World 2 is a bit easier!

EDIT: I'm getting there with the final boss. I've worked out how to dodge all his non-random attacks. It's the random ones I'm having trouble with... but randomness might make it really easy sometimes! Hopefully won't be long... hehe :)

On second thoughts, maybe I'm nowhere near getting there. ARRGGHHH this is too hard!

On third thoughts, I'm not far off now. Unbelievably, I've been right near the end twice in the last few minutes and died due to the "arrows". Once I get past them, I think the rest should be plain sailing! Here's hoping I'm gonna be the Boshy very soon!
« Last Edit: November 06, 2010, 04:38:41 am by avengah »

PedroMAN!

• View Profile
« Reply #126 on: November 06, 2010, 10:32:56 am »

I love this game and trying my best to beat it on totally avarage mode.
currently stuck at level 10 being chased by the huge wall with thorns on it =(

love yall long time and good luck in IWBTB

avengah

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 06, 2010, 08:44:48 pm »

YAY YAY YAY!

I've beaten the final boss on EZ mode! Now all I've got to do is do it with my Hard mode file - hopefully won't be much longer!

I was totally intimidated when I saw the final boss's attacks at first - so much so, that after my first few failures I actually started a new file and played through the whole game again on Hard. So, I've got TWO hard mode files, one outside the final boss and one in the teleporter room (with the final boss port activated)! But I'm not scared of it any more. I will triumph, and I will be the Boshy very soon!

Solgryn

• View Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 06, 2010, 09:47:03 pm »

YAY YAY YAY!

I've beaten the final boss on EZ mode! Now all I've got to do is do it with my Hard mode file - hopefully won't be much longer!

I was totally intimidated when I saw the final boss's attacks at first - so much so, that after my first few failures I actually started a new file and played through the whole game again on Hard. So, I've got TWO hard mode files, one outside the final boss and one in the teleporter room (with the final boss port activated)! But I'm not scared of it any more. I will triumph, and I will be the Boshy very soon!

Why don't I see you in the database for boshies then?

avengah

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: November 06, 2010, 10:24:15 pm »

It didn't ask me for my name. It has done now, though. I've beaten Hard mode too, that didn't take me long!

By the way, does it save my number of deaths at the point of me beating the last boss? Because I messed about a bit in World 1 and died a few more times, then restarted the game, THEN it asked me for my name. I hope those extra deaths aren't added on!

I think I'll complete it with my original Hard file next. That one's got more deaths - about 9,200 instead of the 2,194 or so I had with the one I completed it with.

Also, does anything happen if I get all the trophies? I'm gonna struggle to get the Pro Mode ones, but I'll try my best!

EDIT: Just been trying out the new characters, and I LOVE the super-secret special character! Amazing!
« Last Edit: November 06, 2010, 10:40:36 pm by avengah »

Nickshrike

• View Profile
« Reply #130 on: November 07, 2010, 03:32:18 am »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uL8cRJrt7rQ
The final boss, my brain hurts

avengah

• View Profile
« Reply #131 on: November 07, 2010, 06:33:58 am »

Yeah, that's what I thought. So much so that I replayed the whole game from the start. It's funny how there's no way to get back from the Final Path to the Teleporter Room without going through the boss - obviously Solgryn wanted people not to take one look and think "Fuck this". So, I was sensible and didn't save in the Final Path on my new file; by simply entering the boss chamber I was then able to go to the Teleporter Room and fight the final boss from there if I wanted to.

Anyway, I decided I wasn't going to be intimidated by it. It took me a while. A good while. But, eventually I learnt how to dodge most of his attacks. There are still one or two attacks that give me trouble - one especially that I believe is unavoidable (all the attacks are dodgeable my arse) - which is when he teleports randomly around the screen and happens to teleport on top of you. You simply don't have time to run out of range when you see the warning flare; you'll be destroyed instantly as soon as he appears. Even if you did manage to JUST escape him teleporting on top of you, you'll never avoid his laser spiral from that close anyway!

By the way Solgryn, I decided to finish my other Hard mode file, which has about 9,300 deaths. This is because I'm going to try and get all the trophies with that file, and I wasn't about to kill myself 7,000 times on my other complete file - I thought I'd just beat the final boss again with my other file.

Strangely, after beating it on EZ mode, I beat it on Hard-on almost straight away. However, this time it took a bit longer. Maybe because of the fact that it's harder to get to the end of the fight on Hard-on, I wasn't getting as much practice in at the end, and kept dying due to that nasty Hydro/Spider attack by getting the timing wrong. Either moving too early and getting spidered or too late and getting squashed against the ceiling. That, the teleport on top, and Ryu's cars are the only attacks that really give me trouble now, except for the horrid green snot balls. They're the worst, especially when they surround you.

diabloc29

• View Profile
« Reply #132 on: November 07, 2010, 11:57:26 pm »

Am I stuck?  Is there anything I can do?

Solgryn

• View Profile
« Reply #133 on: November 08, 2010, 03:01:03 am »

Am I stuck?  Is there anything I can do?

As far as I know, this is a design flaw and there's no way back other than having a person help you by saving a different place in online... So try to get someone (Or open 2 different windows in 2 different directories and help yourself) to help you by saving somewhere.

In a later version this will be fixed.

Kapester

• Mmkay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: November 08, 2010, 05:49:16 pm »

The second boss of the game is actually far too hard to be the second boss of the game.
You wouldn't mind lowering the speed of the spinning attack or make the gaps smaller would you? At least on EZ mode?
No.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 42