I Wanna Be The Forums!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Chat button has been eaten. Click here to join in the idling fun!

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 42

Author Topic: I Wanna Be The Boshy (Online, V.1.0 is released!)  (Read 593495 times)

Valkema

• Anonly Asia O_O
  • The Guy
  • What. I'm busy right now.
    • View Profile
Re: I Wanna Be The Boshy (Online, V.1.0 is released!)
« Reply #135 on: November 08, 2010, 09:26:05 pm »

The second boss of the game is actually far too hard to be the second boss of the game.
You wouldn't mind lowering the speed of the spinning attack or make the gaps smaller would you? At least on EZ mode?
Second Boss is stupidly easy. Also I don't like this game mainly for the reason I always get lag during precise jumps. I also dislike this game for bad spike placement such as right before hello kitty. Seriously traps before a boss is just dumb. There is also alot of bad level design and stuff like that. Its not terrible but its also not good.

[rage]Also The game over music is not an original sound track from boshy. I'm tired of people refering to lol u died as a boshy song.[/rage]

avengah

• I am the Guy, the Fangame, Pickory AND The Boshy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: November 09, 2010, 05:36:21 am »

Spinning attack? Do you mean Kracko, or Ryu as the second boss of the game? Either way, both of them are easy once you've learnt their pattern.

Anon, you know you don't have to pass that trap every time you want to fight the boss. Simply pass it once, visit the boss room, then if you die you can go to the teleporter room to fight the boss. That's what I was doing on Hard mode, because it's annoying having to navigate traps to get to the boss - almost every boss is like that in Hard mode, so I use the teleporters instead.

EDIT: I've decided to have another playthrough. I'm using the super-secret character this time. Without spoiling anything, he handles differently, so I did have to switch back (quick menu, turn licence character off temporarily) for a couple of tricky jumps, but for 99% of the playthrough I'm using him. I just destroyed Sonic much more easily this time! I'm playing Average mode this time, for two reasons: one, if I need to switch characters there are more saves to do it at, and two, I want to see how the Prize Room changes to stop you reaching the super-secret character.

For those of you who aren't the Boshy on Hard-on mode yet, it's well worth it for this character. Since he handles differently, he can be used to, in effect, break the game in certain places. He can make jumps that other characters won't come close to. In fact, I managed to skip the throwing-star miniboss - he can make it over the gap! It's a nice reward for people who can beat the game on Hard, because you have to be able to do these sections normally anyway. Once you've beaten the game, I suppose it gives you the right to sort of "cheat".

EDIT: Last part of post removed to discourage cheating.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2010, 04:09:24 am by avengah »

Valkema

• Anonly Asia O_O
  • The Guy
  • What. I'm busy right now.
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: November 09, 2010, 05:43:51 pm »

Anon, you know you don't have to pass that trap every time you want to fight the boss. Simply pass it once, visit the boss room, then if you die you can go to the teleporter room to fight the boss. That's what I was doing on Hard mode, because it's annoying having to navigate traps to get to the boss - almost every boss is like that in Hard mode, so I use the teleporters instead.

It would have been nice for that to have been explained either way the precise jump still shouldn't have been implemented in the first play is my opinion.

avengah

• View Profile
« Reply #138 on: November 10, 2010, 07:52:43 pm »

First part of post removed to discourage cheating.

EDIT: Ah, I've worked out the order. It is in ASCII order. That means 10000 comes before 1100. It also means 2 comes before 3000 but after 1000000. So, Solgryn, you might want to change it so it's actually in numerical order rather than ASCII order; if someone's got more digits in their death counter but the first few digits are lower, he will place higher in the table.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2010, 04:09:47 am by avengah »

Solgryn

• View Profile
« Reply #139 on: November 11, 2010, 02:33:49 am »

Heh, looks like people already had my idea. Two people already have 0 death hard mode saves uploaded to the boshy database. However, the order is weird - surely it should be in order of difficulty then deaths? It's in order of difficulty, but the order of deaths is random it seems.

EDIT: Ah, I've worked out the order. It is in ASCII order. That means 10000 comes before 1100. It also means 2 comes before 3000 but after 1000000. So, Solgryn, you might want to change it so it's actually in numerical order rather than ASCII order; if someone's got more digits in their death counter but the first few digits are lower, he will place higher in the table.

Eh, I used ORDER BY deaths ASC, so it should work... and I'll delete the stupid ones.
Wtf even phpMyAdmin can't even sort them right, WTF is goin on?
« Last Edit: November 11, 2010, 02:38:21 am by Solgryn »

avengah

• View Profile
« Reply #140 on: November 11, 2010, 02:51:38 am »

First and last part of post removed, yada yada...

Yeah, the order's still wrong. Try sorting by deaths by numerical value, not ASC. Alternatively, sort by length then ASC. That'll work.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2010, 05:26:57 am by avengah »

Solgryn

• View Profile
« Reply #141 on: November 11, 2010, 03:00:21 am »

Oh, in the database I had the deaths being a VARCHAR variable and not INT -.-

avengah

• View Profile
« Reply #142 on: November 11, 2010, 03:01:48 am »

Post removed to discourage cheating, so stop cheating!
« Last Edit: November 14, 2010, 04:10:26 am by avengah »

Solgryn

• View Profile
« Reply #143 on: November 11, 2010, 03:02:33 am »

You can't do anything about that.

avengah

• View Profile
« Reply #144 on: November 11, 2010, 03:25:29 am »

One other thing. In [edit: one of my files], I'd been playing for hours and hadn't quit the game since about World 7 or so. When I did finally get to the final boss, everything was faster - it was like it was in 60 FPS again. Silly me didn't press F8 to see, but did I accidentally press something that switches it to 60 FPS? F2 didn't fix it, but I quit and restarted it and it was back at normal speed. The yum yum dragon was pretty much unavoidable at the speed it was running!
« Last Edit: November 14, 2010, 04:11:00 am by avengah »

avengah

• View Profile
« Reply #145 on: November 12, 2010, 11:25:30 am »

Sorry for the double post, but I wanted to get Solgryn's attention quickly.

Something's seriously wrong with the leaderboards. I've uploaded two Boss Rush attempts and one full run of the game on Hard mode with 924 deaths without using Sonic (which I put in the name box: "Matt Davis (avengah) WITHOUT Sonic" or something like that), and none of them have appeared on the leaderboard. I hope my 924 death run won't be wasted!

By the way, thanks for creating such an outstanding game. I love it and can't stop playing it!

EDIT: Here's proof. I didn't cheat or use Sonic at all during this run.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 11:32:00 am by avengah »

Solgryn

• View Profile
« Reply #146 on: November 12, 2010, 11:35:06 am »

Sorry for the double post, but I wanted to get Solgryn's attention quickly.

Something's seriously wrong with the leaderboards. I've uploaded two Boss Rush attempts and one full run of the game on Hard mode with 924 deaths without using Sonic (which I put in the name box: "Matt Davis (avengah) WITHOUT Sonic" or something like that), and none of them have appeared on the leaderboard. I hope my 924 death run won't be wasted!

By the way, thanks for creating such an outstanding game. I love it and can't stop playing it!

EDIT: Here's proof. I didn't cheat or use Sonic at all during this run.

Damnit! I had a typo in the php script but I fixed it now...
It's wierd it worked for me before I released it though. But it's probably because I added difficulty to the leaderboards and didn't edit the SQL query...
« Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 11:39:01 am by Solgryn »

avengah

• View Profile
« Reply #147 on: November 12, 2010, 03:25:15 pm »

OK, can you put my 924 death Hard mode file on the leaderboards then please? And my EZ mode Boss Rush attempt? I can't remember the figures I'm afraid, and I reset it, I'm hoping you've got it at your end.

Found another glitch, involving the Secretly Secret trophy. I had a feeling this was the case, so I tried it. You don't need to collect the Mixer to get that trophy. Also I'll PM you about another glitch that I don't want everyone to know about.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 03:27:08 pm by avengah »

Solgryn

• View Profile
« Reply #148 on: November 12, 2010, 03:26:57 pm »

Dunno what your time was, do you have a screenshot?

EDIT: and I fixed the trophy thing

avengah

• View Profile
« Reply #149 on: November 12, 2010, 03:28:38 pm »

Only the shot a few posts above. Sorry! It was earlier today, about ten hours ago I think.

EDIT: Actually, the save file is time stamped, isn't it. I'll check now.

Checked. Today at 13:30 GMT. (Well, that was the last time I accessed the file, so it'd have been very slightly earlier than that but it's close enough.) I think the time on your board is one hour later than GMT, isn't it.

13:30:23 to be exact, checking the properties.

EDIT2: More amusement, I'm in the JTV secret level, and in the chat appeared these three messages:

Solgryn: did solgryn made this?
Solgryn: what is this crap
Solgryn: hey I'm new here

I thought that was really funny; I know it's randomly generated but still... Hehe :)

One more minor thing. If you kill the boss of World 8 while he's invisible (riding the horse), he stays invisible for the finishing sequence, so you see blood coming out of nowhere. And did I mention that the final boss can do an unavoidable attack if you finish phase 2 at the wrong time (just before the tunnel attack)? And the yum yum dragon comes back and kills you if you finish phase 1 right after it appears.

EDIT again: One more thing. The B17 BAWMBER trophy is glitched too. I just died while the room was filling with blocks, and pressed R, and just as I entered the teleporter to the boss room again, it gave me the trophy even though I'd not won.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 04:40:20 pm by avengah »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 42