I Wanna Be The Forums!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Gaiden 1.2 patch released. Click here to download!

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 42

Author Topic: I Wanna Be The Boshy (Online, V.1.0 is released!)  (Read 582436 times)

Solgryn

• View Profile
Re: I Wanna Be The Boshy (Online, V.1.0 is released!)
« Reply #150 on: November 13, 2010, 07:31:36 am »

Thx, fixed the glitches for future versions =)

avengah

• I am the Guy, the Fangame, Pickory AND The Boshy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: November 14, 2010, 01:16:06 am »

Something very minor. Mario, if you avoid him to the left when he first drops down, slides across the floor instead of running if you avoid him to the right.

EDIT: And, if you choose the exclamation mark character in Online mode and use it in EZ-mode, he doesn't have a bow.

EDIT2: Boss 7 is glitched in EZ-mode. At the end of the fight, the whole screen goes pink, making it very hard to see. I'm assuming this is a bug in the routine that draws the bow.

EDIT3: I've removed all cheating references in my previous posts. For obvious reasons; I don't want to encourage it.

EDIT4: I'm getting much better at this! A couple of days ago, I could easily get Pro Modes for Worlds 6, 9 and 11 (1 and 3 too, but they're stupidly easy to get). Today, I legitimately earnt the rest of them. I thought World 10 would be the biggest pain, but I was wrong. World 8 was the nightmare that took me ages - due to That One Room. If you know World 8, you'll know exactly which room. I could easily get there with none to few deaths, but that room usually cost me about 80 deaths alone. Somehow I got lucky and managed to get through World 8 with only 17 deaths. Eventually. I scraped World 10's Pro Mode with 27 deaths, after only three tries or so. World 4 was a little irritating - that took three tries. I got a really good first run, up until the gravitron which destroyed me for about 20 lives. Second run was hopeless. Third run was better and I did the gravitron on my first try - and that run cost me only 7 lives. I now have all eleven Pro Modes, earnt legitimately!

Also, today I earnt the Speedrun for Boss 10 without using the super-secret character, for the first time. It's pretty easy to get the other speedrun bonuses, but Boss 10's time limit is very tight. As it happens, I died just as I dealt the final blow - but it was just in time for the bonus!
« Last Edit: November 14, 2010, 05:01:14 pm by avengah »

RedliwLedah

• View Profile
« Reply #152 on: November 16, 2010, 08:05:24 pm »

So my file has encountered a game-stopping glitch/bug/feature/whatever.
in world three, against that cheetadude with the cross bow, on the second screen where he's shooting constantly at you, I tried saving on the block on the far right (on ez-mode if that matters here), and somehow I got saved on the ledge on the left side, right where he zooms in out of the screen from, so every time I retry, he instantly runs me over and kills me, before I have any chance to move whatsoever.

avengah

• View Profile
« Reply #153 on: November 17, 2010, 03:26:28 pm »

There are two ways out of it. The first is to go online with someone else and ask them to savewarp you. This is done like this: if you press R when someone else saves, you will warp to their save spot. This works even if you're dead. Then, save there yourself.

The other way to do it is open the game in two separate folders and help yourself. With your normal folder, play the game and press F12 to activate online. You'll die instantly as before. Then, open it in the other folder and join your own game, saving somewhere else (the teleporter room is probably a good place) - and as soon as you do that, go to your first window and press R to savewarp to the teleporter room. Then, start World 3 again and save at the beginning of it.

Those are the two known ways to fix a wrecked save in this game.

Miracle

• Guy, did you murder Rita?
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: November 18, 2010, 01:31:10 pm »

So far the game isn't bad.
Its just annoying that I have to be online in able to play it, not to mention the bosses are a little too overhasty with difficulty as with the levels, but heck, just because it is hard, don't make it a bad game.

avengah

• View Profile
« Reply #155 on: November 19, 2010, 03:35:11 am »

Yes, the game is very, very hard. One of the hardest IWBT games I've played, but I've not played that many. Boss 5, in particular, is the hardest boss in the whole game. If you beat Boss 5, you're ready for anything this game can throw at you. In the 60Hz version, he was pretty much impossible. Now, he's just barely possible, and even then it'll take you a lot of tries even if you know what you're doing.

No, you don't need to be online. If you're offline, it will simply say "Currently offline. Couldn't check for new versions. Be sure to check for updates at www.solgryn.org" or something like that, so you can still play offline.

Nickshrike

• View Profile
« Reply #156 on: November 21, 2010, 04:38:07 pm »

I got to the final phase of the final boss today and alls i have to say is:
WHY THE FUCK DO ALL THE BOSSES COME BACK TO KILL ME(sownics teh naaame speeeeeeeeds moi gaaaaaaame) @_@ /rage

Juannn

• View Profile
« Reply #157 on: December 01, 2010, 03:29:35 pm »

When I load the game the menu screen and the levels look like this (the controls react, but i cant see a thing):
http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/452/iwbtberror.jpg

Is there a solution? Because i really want to play this :(
Thanks

flairina

• Fear the light, it destroys all...
    • View Profile
    • My Deviantart Account
« Reply #158 on: December 02, 2010, 07:27:23 am »

I still can't beat Megaman. The guy who drops bombs and the flying ring guy keep killing me.

Nickshrike

• View Profile
« Reply #159 on: December 02, 2010, 03:48:19 pm »

I still can't beat Megaman. The guy who drops bombs and the flying ring guy keep killing me.

what ring man :P

avengah

• View Profile
« Reply #160 on: December 03, 2010, 11:04:16 am »

On my first playthrough, Megaman was the second hardest thing in the game for me, the hardest being a spike wall chase section later on, this being on EZ-mode. Once I'd learnt his pattern it became much easier. He's one boss that isn't significantly easier in EZ-mode - you still have to defeat all the minions and he still has 60HP (90 on Hard-on).

I actually died more times on the bit immediately following the ring guy than the ring guy himself. I find the best thing to do is stay near the bottom left, but give yourself room to move both ways, and jump if you have to, but ONLY if you have to - bad jumping can cost lives too. Once the bomb guy's dead, use the left platform to kill the ring guy, but watch the timing of his rings. You'll need to jump down to avoid getting one in the face every now and then.

flairina

• Fear the light, it destroys all...
    • View Profile
    • My Deviantart Account
« Reply #161 on: December 05, 2010, 09:09:39 am »

On my first playthrough, Megaman was the second hardest thing in the game for me, the hardest being a spike wall chase section later on, this being on EZ-mode. Once I'd learnt his pattern it became much easier. He's one boss that isn't significantly easier in EZ-mode - you still have to defeat all the minions and he still has 60HP (90 on Hard-on).

I actually died more times on the bit immediately following the ring guy than the ring guy himself. I find the best thing to do is stay near the bottom left, but give yourself room to move both ways, and jump if you have to, but ONLY if you have to - bad jumping can cost lives too. Once the bomb guy's dead, use the left platform to kill the ring guy, but watch the timing of his rings. You'll need to jump down to avoid getting one in the face every now and then.

The strategy you suggested is exactly what I'm doing already. And a few times, I have gotten to the part where he "falls". But then that stupid slide he does right afterwards kills me. :(

Indigo Blue

• That fucking chilean dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: December 05, 2010, 01:15:52 pm »

i played your game drunk....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHnkN7ySrgA
"im going to write this here so i dont have to say it always:
SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH"

avengah

• View Profile
« Reply #163 on: December 07, 2010, 08:08:41 pm »

The strategy you suggested is exactly what I'm doing already. And a few times, I have gotten to the part where he "falls". But then that stupid slide he does right afterwards kills me. :(

What, when he slides across the bottom? He doesn't go all the way to the left. Wait in the bottom left corner and shoot at him. He'll disappear before he reaches you. If you don't have time to get into the corner, just shoot at him but be ready to jump.

Edge

• View Profile
« Reply #164 on: December 29, 2010, 06:44:03 pm »

Solgryn, don't know if you have a designated bug reporting place but here goes...

In the last world, you can make it past the 1st screen on the right without going down below.  If you jump at the right time you can not get killed by the cactus that's there, have it knock the platform down and land on it.  I glitched through the ground to the top once too but got stuck in the tube up there XD.  I honestly didn't know there were rooms down below, I assumed it was death down there :).

Not game breaking or anything, but you can skip those 2 rooms.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 42