I Wanna Be The Forums!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Chat button has been eaten. Click here to join in the idling fun!

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 42

Author Topic: I Wanna Be The Boshy (Online, V.1.0 is released!)  (Read 582467 times)

Alastair1337

• View Profile
Re: I Wanna Be The Boshy (Online, V.1.0 is released!)
« Reply #210 on: March 18, 2011, 08:29:05 pm »

THIS IS WHY SONIC IS RETARDED
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=leFcQD6wtO4

Kinata

• What, we're supposed to play games for FUN?
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: March 18, 2011, 08:58:33 pm »

I've seen that happen against much harder bosses, so stop complaining.  >:(

But seriously, you would've won too if Sonic hadn't phased through those 2 bullets in the beginning XD! I've heard other people complain about that. Zeromegamanx says that happened to him 5 times before he succeeded.
Disclaimer:

This author is not responsible for any headaches, frustration, blindness, high blood pressure, or suicides resulting from this post.

Read at your own risk.

Alastair1337

• View Profile
« Reply #212 on: March 19, 2011, 10:58:37 pm »

I've seen that happen against much harder bosses, so stop complaining.  >:(

But seriously, you would've won too if Sonic hadn't phased through those 2 bullets in the beginning XD! I've heard other people complain about that. Zeromegamanx says that happened to him 5 times before he succeeded.

I also shot him too early when he sped past me right before he used the chaos emeralds for the second time, I only hit him with like two of the bullets...

superstarjonesbros

• *crack* Punky: "Hey, I see ugly creatures!"
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube page
« Reply #213 on: March 20, 2011, 06:30:10 am »

Please people look at my last post!
My own games that are worth mentioning and aren't cancelled:

I Wanna be Easy: (DONE)
http://kayin.pyoko.org/iwbtg/forums/index.php?topic=9595.msg265422

Afraid of GHOST: (was bored, good to kill time, cursed black!)
http://kayin.pyoko.org/iwbtg/forums/index.php?topic=12780.0

Random games: (mostly originated from boredom) 
http://kayin.pyoko.org/iwbtg/forums/index.php?topic=17193.0

Verixos

• View Profile
« Reply #214 on: March 20, 2011, 02:53:44 pm »

Super Gravitron is way too random. You can get screwed so easily,i'd think to add a save halfway through as to make the level less random.
>.<

superstarjonesbros

• *crack* Punky: "Hey, I see ugly creatures!"
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube page
« Reply #215 on: March 20, 2011, 02:55:35 pm »

Co-opping with Sicrow7 was fun! ;D
My own games that are worth mentioning and aren't cancelled:

I Wanna be Easy: (DONE)
http://kayin.pyoko.org/iwbtg/forums/index.php?topic=9595.msg265422

Afraid of GHOST: (was bored, good to kill time, cursed black!)
http://kayin.pyoko.org/iwbtg/forums/index.php?topic=12780.0

Random games: (mostly originated from boredom) 
http://kayin.pyoko.org/iwbtg/forums/index.php?topic=17193.0

Kinata

• View Profile
« Reply #216 on: March 21, 2011, 11:31:05 am »

I finally downloaded this game, and I'm lovin' it.  ;D

I have some questions/problems however:

How do we get the World 1,2,etc. Clears? I'm at Mario and I haven't gotten any of them.

In the room that says "This way to King Dedede auditions" or something like that, there's that annoying intricate spring jump. It was nearly impossible with Boshy, but when I switched to Black Mage, it became rather easy. Why is that?

Why do you have to shoot Kracko a bunch of times before he starts taking damage?

I think that was everything.
Disclaimer:

This author is not responsible for any headaches, frustration, blindness, high blood pressure, or suicides resulting from this post.

Read at your own risk.

Merg

• View Profile
    • YouTube Account
« Reply #217 on: March 21, 2011, 12:11:02 pm »

How do we get the World 1,2,etc. Clears? I'm at Mario and I haven't gotten any of them.

In the room that says "This way to King Dedede auditions" or something like that, there's that annoying intricate spring jump. It was nearly impossible with Boshy, but when I switched to Black Mage, it became rather easy. Why is that?

Why do you have to shoot Kracko a bunch of times before he starts taking damage?

٠ I think you only get the 'World _ Clear' achievement if you get all the secrets, but I could be wrong...
٠ Maybe when you´re playing 'Black Mage', you think his hitbox is bigger and so you´re focussing more on not getting hit, which results in not getting hit, but maybe some characters really are better than others (but I think not,
except Sonic of course

٠ Don´t know...

Valkema

• Anonly Asia O_O
  • The Guy
  • What. I'm busy right now.
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: March 21, 2011, 05:14:59 pm »

So I have a question for all of you.

Why do you like I Wanna be the Boshy?

This is a good to honest question. I don't understand the joy in this game but I want to know why you find this game to be fun. I will not insult your opinion of the game in any way. However I ask you be specific. I want to know the true reasoning why you like it. I don't want answers like "its just fun", "its creative", "i like difficult games." I want you to try and sell the game to someone who has just finished IWBTG.

Kinata

• View Profile
« Reply #219 on: March 21, 2011, 06:41:34 pm »

I'm currently only at world 5, but I've seen most of the rest of the game from videos. I'll make you a pros and cons list:

Pros:

Lots of original things programmed. This ranges from things Solrgryn uses a lot like double jump replenishers, which he has found various creative ways of using, to one-time threats like rainbowish Wario chasing after you.

Creative and funny traps, the ear-rape spider in particular.

Excellent® level design that often makes great use of the specific elements of that world's theme. For example, that segment in VVVVVV where you actually have to avoid instead of use the down arrow things. Not to mention that this was an example of a creative use of the double jump replinishers. I hear you think this game has bad level design. I want to hear you explain where and why.

Lots of well-made references to video games. Many fangames either lack these or fail to implement them well. For example, VVVVVV world, which cleverly uses the different color people to switch between normal and VVVVVV gravity.

Great choices in music. Can't really explain that objectively.

There's a hard-to-explain sense of epicness in the boss battles. It probably has to with the screen-shaking (which I don't actually mind), the fact that bosses actually have animations, and the wide range of well-programmed attacks.

Plenty of optional achievements that add replay value and give you something to work for besides winning the game.

It's kind of fun being able to pick and try out the various characters. I find some of their shooting animations kind of funny and clever, like Sonic shooting rings.

Hearing LOL U Died everytime you die sometimes takes away from the frustration. In particular, if after finally succeeding at a tough segment, you shoot a save point and get killed by its spit attack, listening to LOL U Died serves as a sort of celebration.

I thought that save-jumping seemed like a clever yet challenging use of a mechanic that's existed since the original IWBTG. Too bad he took most of it out in recent versions of the game. I wanted to try it out.

Cons:

Solgryn is often a dick and makes us do annoying things after hard segments before we get the save point. The examples I've so far faced are the Mario dance and the blind jump after the Gravitron. Both of those took me 3 times and really pissed me off.

Yeah, that's all I could think of for cons.
Disclaimer:

Read at your own risk.

Valkema

• Anonly Asia O_O
  • The Guy
  • What. I'm busy right now.
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: March 21, 2011, 07:28:18 pm »

Some of your pros I found as cons.

But you asked me about level design so that is what I will comment on.

The level design in boshy is not as bad as most fangames. But it still has its flaws. First off I feel boshy has metroidsindrome. It may have so levels with good design here and there but then solgryn puts in a level that is pretty much the same thing in again. The room may look different but its still has the same concept behind it as a bunch of other room. (Also note. I know why metroid was like that I'm just making a comparison.)

You con on difficutly sorta comes into this next point. I feel solgryn abuses spikes which then makes the levels look like garbage Spike are good obsticals but I feel that in alot of places solgryns spikes don't feel like they belong. The spikes may add to the difficutly but I don't feel solgryn has mixed together difficulty and level design very well. Alot of levels in vvvvvv have decent design but because the spikes feel like they don't belong it makes the design only decent and the game look not as good. Also as a side not Pixel Perfect jumps don't make good design. It also doesn't make bad design it is all how it is represented in the level.

Its the repetitiveness of boshy that is my real complaint. Each room doesn't have to be different but each room should be memorable and when rooms are the same as another. I think the one of the three main problems with boshy is its too long and doesn't have enough ideas to keep the game going. I could keep going but I feel I have made my point quite clear.

Squishy69

• Amicitia est magicae
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: March 22, 2011, 07:35:41 pm »

Admittedly this game has been torture at points and neat-sauce at others, but the thing that keeps me coming back again and again are the bosses (except Sonic).  Bosses like Megaman and Missingno. are just mindblowing in their presentation and fighting them again and again never gets boring for me.  Also as something of an achievement/collectible whore with games I like having to find all that hidden stuff.

Party Hard

Storyyeller

• The Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: March 22, 2011, 09:10:15 pm »

It's a cool game to watch other people stream, but I wouldn't have the patience or skill to get very far.

Kinata

• View Profile
« Reply #223 on: March 22, 2011, 11:21:20 pm »

Yay I'm at Sonic. I disagree with everyone who says he's an annoying boss (that description would be more accurate for Mario and Biollante), but of course everything I've heard about his difficulty seems about right. BTW I'm on Hardon. I would have beaten him ages ago if I were on EZ.  9_9
Disclaimer:

Read at your own risk.

Squishy69

• Amicitia est magicae
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: March 23, 2011, 11:24:34 am »

Yay I'm at Sonic. I disagree with everyone who says he's an annoying boss (that description would be more accurate for Mario and Biollante)

You're insane.

Party Hard
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 42