I Wanna Be The Forums!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Chat button has been eaten. Click here to join in the idling fun!

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 42

Author Topic: I Wanna Be The Boshy (Online, V.1.0 is released!)  (Read 586519 times)

Fred-eye-inc

Re: I Wanna Be The Boshy (Online, V.1.0 is released!)
« Reply #225 on: March 23, 2011, 11:28:37 am »

Mario and Biollante are the easiest bossess in boshy by far, how can anyone find them anonying?

Kinata

• What, we're supposed to play games for FUN?
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: March 23, 2011, 02:01:03 pm »

;D

Being annoying and hard different things. One is about enjoyment and one is about the challenge. I've been stuck on Sonic for like 5 or 6 hours and I'm still enjoying him. It took me like a half hour to beat Biollante and I was starting to get frustrated.
Disclaimer:

This author is not responsible for any headaches, frustration, blindness, high blood pressure, or suicides resulting from this post.

Read at your own risk.

Squishy69

• Amicitia est magicae
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: March 23, 2011, 04:42:22 pm »

Oh I see.  It's that bumpin' Green Hill remix isn't it?  How it seems to match Sonic's moves and speech perfectly like they were rhythmically synced, yeah that same sort of s**t happened to me.  Playing through it again and again, timing your moves to match the song and knowing at what part of the song Sonic goes super.  The way "You're too slow!" is an incessant lyric that gets stuck in your head.  I know precisely what that sort of loathing/enjoyment is called: MADNESS.  Plain simple Stockholm-esque crazy-making sauce of bumpin' beats, twinkling stars and WAY TOO MANY JUMP SPRINGS AND MISSILES.

For the love of God no wonder you spend 5 HOURS STRAIGHT doing the same song and death of course he seems like a loving brother figure but really he's poisoning you with warm soups of falseness laced with MALICE and INSANITY.  I recommend sessions of 30 minutes to an hour and then breaking so that you don't get these false illusions of joy.

In other words: GET THE F**K OUTSIDE!  RUUUUN!!!!!!

(Weird; lately my troll sense have been acting up XP)

Party Hard

Fred-eye-inc

« Reply #228 on: March 23, 2011, 05:03:46 pm »

I did biollante in 2 deaths on my first go and mario in about a half hour.

Kinata

• View Profile
« Reply #229 on: March 23, 2011, 05:08:53 pm »

It's that bumpin' Green Hill remix isn't it?

Yes, I admit it. Though I also like the intensity of try to survive the superhard homing attack for like 15 seconds straight. The only thing annoying about it is the size of the freakin' explosions of the missles. Considering the small size of the platform, those things are rigged.

5 HOURS STRAIGHT
When did I say straight? XD

This boss isn't too bad. I know I can beat him if I can survive the crazy homing attack twice in a row. And the second one is easier because he starts in the perfect position for the stay in one spot and keep jumping strategy. I've gotten that far 4 times, and 3 of them of them I lasted until just a couple seconds before he moves onto the easy phase. So yeah, I think I'm close. I've fought bosses way harder than him, so I'm not worried.

@Durf
The reason it took me so long to beat Biolante was because she is always vulnerable. And since I know this game times me, I felt compelled to beat her as felt as possible and thus always be shooting. That of course made it harder to focus on her attacks.
Disclaimer:

This author is not responsible for any headaches, frustration, blindness, high blood pressure, or suicides resulting from this post.

Read at your own risk.

Fred-eye-inc

« Reply #230 on: March 23, 2011, 05:17:48 pm »

I was constantly shooting too , I just have a trigger finger I guess.

Valkema

• Anonly Asia O_O
  • The Guy
  • What. I'm busy right now.
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: March 23, 2011, 05:35:37 pm »

Well I was actually playing the game last night (lost a bet). And In my opinion every boss in the game up to sonic is just boring. I mean sure they got all those special affects and stuff but honestly when I was fighting those bosses I was just flat out bored.

I got to sonic by the end of the stream. And anyone who was at the stream can confirm that I died on 3 out of the 4 bosses after the bosses were dead. In my opinion that shouldn't happen. I know on the 4th boss it was a glitch and hello kitty was probably also a glitch that she kept firing bullets after death.

But that Mario dance is just a piece of garbage. I mean I get you are trying to be funny but its not funny its just stupid. When you beat a boss that should be it. Thats one thing wrong with this game. there are traps at the end of segments all the time. People are going to say "thats just there to be a dick" But the thing is, that makes people want to stop playing because they go through a segment and then all of a sudden right before the end they die to a trap. I have nothing left to say so far. When I beat the game I'll say more but for right now thats all I have to say.

Fred-eye-inc

« Reply #232 on: March 23, 2011, 05:41:01 pm »

Most people forget that boshy's traps are tastless and a majority of the bosses are boring because it looks so good.

Storyyeller

• The Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: March 23, 2011, 06:30:27 pm »

I'd say there's too many graphical effects actually. After a certain point, it just looks silly instead of awesome.

Fred-eye-inc

« Reply #234 on: March 23, 2011, 06:33:06 pm »

I agree. All the screenshaking and what-nit dring boss fights makes them
irritating imo.

Kinata

• View Profile
« Reply #235 on: March 23, 2011, 06:47:29 pm »

SONIC IS DEAD! I shot him a lot, then he went asplodey and he DIED!

My official death count is 2418, though I'm pretty sure that includes all of my deaths in world 5 and a couple random visits to previous worlds. I think he took like 7 hours for me to beat, which isn't long by my standards.

I agree with everything you all just said except the hatred against the traps. I like the creativity of the traps, which are usually programmed for that instance, and I have seen almost no spike triggers. I also don't mind traps at end of easy segments, which Solgryn is usually good about. The only exceptions are the Mario dance and the blind jumps after the Gravitron and Kracko (the latter of which I thankfully avoided because I had watched a video beforehand). Those were all really dick, unfunny moves and bad level design.

Also, judging from the videos I've seen, the bosses tend to get better as the game goes on. I agree that the first four bosses were boring, but Sonic is awesome and I have high hopes for the rest of them.
Disclaimer:

Read at your own risk.

Fred-eye-inc

« Reply #236 on: March 23, 2011, 06:56:11 pm »

Bossess get better? Ever met Bomberman?

Kinata

• View Profile
« Reply #237 on: March 23, 2011, 07:14:27 pm »

Yeah, I was thinking about him. That's why I said "tend." Though I'm happy Solgryn at least bothered to create a sort of puzzle boss rather than the usual shoot 'em until they die type. I'll judge him when I get that far.

The other boss that looks bad is the Skeleton King because there's more post-boss BS. Though most of the battle looks kinda funny.
Disclaimer:

Read at your own risk.

avengah

• I am the Guy, the Fangame, Pickory AND The Boshy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: March 23, 2011, 11:21:20 pm »

For people like me who are old enough to remember the Super Mario Bros. Super Show, the Mario dance was really, really funny the first time. Obviously I died, not knowing what to expect, but the boss itself isn't THAT hard; once you know how to beat him, it shouldn't take long to do it again, and the Mario dance really isn't hard if you're careful. I love it.

As for Sonic, I find it's best to try to beat him BEFORE the ring attack. If I can do enough damage during the homing phase, I can kill him when he's spinning in a circle. I nearly killed him during the first charge from side to side phase once, but stupidly mistimed a jump. THAT would have been a time to be proud of if I'd have done it. This is without using those cheaty autofire programs that people seem to be using on Youtube these days.

Kinata

• View Profile
« Reply #239 on: March 24, 2011, 12:12:08 am »

Maybe I shoot too slow or I'm using a bad strategy, but I can't defeat him nearly that quickly. When I beat him, he was almost done with his second use of the spinny attack where he can't kill you. My strategy with his first use of the homing attack is to jump to his right when he comes down at you and then to jump whenever he changes directions so that he orbits around you. For his second usage of his attack, I stay in the middle and jump whenever he charges so that the he always curves below you. Of course both strats only last until missles come at you, then you're on your own.
Disclaimer:

Read at your own risk.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 42