I Wanna Be The Forums!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Gaiden 1.2 patch released. Click here to download!

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 42

Author Topic: I Wanna Be The Boshy (Online, V.1.0 is released!)  (Read 587120 times)

avengah

• I am the Guy, the Fangame, Pickory AND The Boshy!
    • View Profile
Re: I Wanna Be The Boshy (Online, V.1.0 is released!)
« Reply #240 on: March 24, 2011, 12:56:30 am »

Yeah, I very rarely manage to do enough damage to kill him that quickly, but it's the only way to get the Speed Run achievement. It takes me a lot of tries. You have to be either really good, or really lucky, to hit him enough times during the homing phase to make it possible. In my case, I'd say I'm getting better at avoiding him, but hitting him enough times requires a ridiculous amount of luck. Since he goes in a random direction at the start of the homing phase, I just go right at the start of the phase and try to react accordingly, but I'm by no means good at it. In any case, even if you get lucky and manage to damage him enough, then you need a bit more luck to get the last few hits in during the circle phase where he fires gems at you. I died twice with him having 1 or 2 HP left the other day. So annoying!

Fred-eye-inc

« Reply #241 on: March 24, 2011, 03:36:36 am »

I guess the humour in this differs from
person to person. I for one found the mario dance tasteless and cheap.

Valkema

• Anonly Asia O_O
  • The Guy
  • What. I'm busy right now.
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: March 24, 2011, 07:25:27 am »

On to megaman and I died after the king hurray another after boss death. Anyone that got that far would know megaman is one of the most boring bosses to fight ever.

avengah

• I am the Guy, the Fangame, Pickory AND The Boshy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: March 24, 2011, 11:03:29 am »

I disagree; there's a lot of variety in that one battle. Also, the fight pattern can take a very, very long time to learn - and it's barely easier on EZ-mode; you still have to defeat all the minions unless you use some ultra-rapidfire cheat; however, once you've memorised the pattern, it becomes a lot easier. It never takes me more than a few tries these days, but when I was first starting out, on EZ-mode, it was a nightmare and took me longer to beat than Sonic (EZ).

EDIT: Also, the music during the Megaman fight is epic. It's one of the best remixes of a Megaman tune I've heard.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2011, 12:15:14 pm by avengah »

zapuppy

• Zapuppy
  • AND TOMORROW SPRING IS HERE
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: March 24, 2011, 08:48:04 pm »

I thought the mario dance was HILARIOUS man anybody that thinks otherwise SUCKS DICK.
anonymouse why do you not like good games.

Squishy69

• Amicitia est magicae
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: March 24, 2011, 10:24:58 pm »

Anyone that got that far would know megaman is one of the most boring bosses to fight ever.

Boring?  How are these bosses boring exactly?  What other fangame do you think of when considering the excitement value of other games, as in what is the fangame with the most non-boring bosses around.  Just curious, cause Boshy bosses never struck me as boring.

Party Hard

Fred-eye-inc

« Reply #246 on: March 25, 2011, 03:38:29 am »

Like I've said before no one can see any of Boshys flaw because it looks good. Some of the bosses are boring but just look good.

Squishy69

• Amicitia est magicae
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: March 25, 2011, 10:57:06 am »

Still doesn't answer my question as to why they're boring, or what makes a boss boring, and a frame of reference in determining a boss's level of boring.

Party Hard

Valkema

• Anonly Asia O_O
  • The Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: March 25, 2011, 06:52:32 pm »

anonymouse why do you not like good games.
About ready to punch you in the face
Anyone that got that far would know megaman is one of the most boring bosses to fight ever.

Boring?  How are these bosses boring exactly?  What other fangame do you think of when considering the excitement value of other games, as in what is the fangame with the most non-boring bosses around.  Just curious, cause Boshy bosses never struck me as boring.
Its repetitive. Doing the same thing over and over again. The boss fight is a stand in the right spot all the time boss fight meaning, its trial and error. And if you don't know where to stand you got to do the boss fight all over again, doesn't that just sound fun.

Also I could honestly care less about the music if the boss battle isn't fun.

Music doesn't make the game
Graphcis don't make a game
Effects don't make a game

Btw world 9 is absolutly garbage just like to mention that, especially mcgoo and bomberman. But especially mcgoo. World 10, hurry precise jumps oh boy and a ryu bullet hell, even better.

Basically what derf said though

Also for the record I compare this game to iwbtg, you know the thing this is supposed to be based off of.

Squishy69

• Amicitia est magicae
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: March 25, 2011, 09:45:22 pm »

Figured you would compare it to IWBTG.  But didn't the bosses in that game have trial and error too?  Especially with the last boss and the Clown Copter Crew?  Based on your explanation of a boring boss then IWBTG bosses can be just as boring, especially to people who die like 30 or so times when they first fight them since it gets pretty repetitive.  I know: I put in the time to become the Guy on several occasions.

Party Hard

Valkema

• Anonly Asia O_O
  • The Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: March 25, 2011, 10:24:08 pm »

Figured you would compare it to IWBTG.  But didn't the bosses in that game have trial and error too?  Especially with the last boss and the Clown Copter Crew?  Based on your explanation of a boring boss then IWBTG bosses can be just as boring, especially to people who die like 30 or so times when they first fight them since it gets pretty repetitive.  I know: I put in the time to become the Guy on several occasions.

here is the difference between bosses that are sorta trial and error in iwbtg and boshy. In iwbtg the trial and error stuff is only at the beginning of the fight. Heck every boss you may die on but the game gives you enough time to dodge the attack before it hits you. Only 3 points in the game I can think of where its trial and error would be kraidgief (in the beginning) kkk (bowser part) The guy (first part)

Do you see its at the beginning. Not like skull man who's at the end of the fight.

Also why the heck should I not compare the game to iwbtg? The way you made your comment sound was like I shouldn't.

Squishy69

• Amicitia est magicae
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: March 26, 2011, 01:41:23 am »

Eh, I had the thought that you'd make a comparison to bosses in general, like you had a scale between most exciting and most boring video game bosses of all time.  But since you are indeed using IWBTG as the point of reference then that specifies this particular meaning of "boring" a little better.
The fact still remains however that I never became bored with the bosses of Boshy or IWBTG; I was filled with seething frustration and masochism but never boredom.  Thanks for providing me insight into your opinion and consequently a better understanding of your overall terminology.  It's given me something to consider :)

Party Hard

Merg

• View Profile
    • YouTube Account
« Reply #252 on: March 26, 2011, 06:33:36 pm »

Well, I´m currently playing the game on 'You´re Gonna Get Raped Mode' and I managed to beat the First and Second World.

If anyone´s interested, here are some links:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sI7-nNU6Ws&feature=channel_video_title
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23rojgZqFnY&feature=channel_video_title
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5XxQ6zmpsc&feature=channel_video_title

Valkema

• Anonly Asia O_O
  • The Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: March 26, 2011, 11:50:27 pm »

at the end of world 11 and in the moving platform ride I am getting stuck in the platform. This needs to be fixed, its garbage.

Indigo Blue

• That fucking chilean dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: March 27, 2011, 01:40:44 am »

Is it really nesesary to JUSTIFY why do you like something...? thats my question for you people, especially you anon
"im going to write this here so i dont have to say it always:
SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH"
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 42