I Wanna Be The Forums!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Chat button has been eaten. Click here to join in the idling fun!

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 42

Author Topic: I Wanna Be The Boshy (Online, V.1.0 is released!)  (Read 580785 times)

Kinata

• What, we're supposed to play games for FUN?
    • View Profile
Re: I Wanna Be The Boshy (Online, V.1.0 is released!)
« Reply #255 on: March 27, 2011, 01:59:50 am »

anonymouse why do you not like good games.
About ready to punch you in the face
Anyone that got that far would know megaman is one of the most boring bosses to fight ever.

Boring?  How are these bosses boring exactly?  What other fangame do you think of when considering the excitement value of other games, as in what is the fangame with the most non-boring bosses around.  Just curious, cause Boshy bosses never struck me as boring.
Its repetitive. Doing the same thing over and over again. The boss fight is a stand in the right spot all the time boss fight meaning, its trial and error. And if you don't know where to stand you got to do the boss fight all over again, doesn't that just sound fun.

Also I could honestly care less about the music if the boss battle isn't fun.

Music doesn't make the game
Graphcis don't make a game
Effects don't make a game

Btw world 9 is absolutly garbage just like to mention that, especially mcgoo and bomberman. But especially mcgoo. World 10, hurry precise jumps oh boy and a ryu bullet hell, even better.

Basically what derf said though

Also for the record I compare this game to iwbtg, you know the thing this is supposed to be based off of.

Based on the middle part, I can tell you're a very idealistic gamer, not caring about the flashy stuff. So am I, but considering all the effort Solgryn put into making the game look great and hilarious, you can't just blow that off as irrelevant. As for the gameplay itself, well, I just beat the battle a few hours ago, and I don't see what you're complaining about it.

First, all the sections are completely different. I don't see much repetitiveness. Also, the only trial and error is Skull Man, and it only takes one failed attempt to figure out where to stand. In fact, if you die on the bullet hell (it's unlikely for someone to get past that on your first try) you can figure it out then. I'm not saying Skull Man is good, but he doesn't ruin the battle, and the rest of it's great. I particularly enjoyed the exciting combination of Bomb Man and Ring Man.

Is it really nesesary to JUSTIFY why do you like something...? thats my question for you people, especially you anon

Well, when someone criticizes a game you like, you're probably going to try to defend it. I'm particularly insulted by Derf's comment that we just like the game for the graphics. He's essentially calling us casual gamers who are missing the point of video games. I don't just like this game because of how it looks, I do indeed think it has great gameplay.
Disclaimer:

This author is not responsible for any headaches, frustration, blindness, high blood pressure, or suicides resulting from this post.

Read at your own risk.

Valkema

• Anonly Asia O_O
  • The Guy
  • What. I'm busy right now.
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: March 27, 2011, 04:00:06 am »

Is it really nesesary to JUSTIFY why do you like something...? thats my question for you people, especially you anon

I was not forcing them to I was simply asking them to, I never said it was necessary I was just curious on my people like it.

And kinata, i wasn't just talking about megaman, every boss is like that, except maybe sonic but that boss is BS for other reasons. He puts in all these stupid stand in the right spot parts at the end of the battle. I wouldn't mind them as much in the beginning but at the end is just stupid.

But solgryn which is where I'm at now is the stupidest final boss ever. In both character design and fight design. First off He's an effing boss, yeah epic final boss, a box. Next the fight design is always the same. And at the end of the first and last phase he basically runs out of patterns and does the same attack until you beat the phase. Yeah thats not repetitive at all. Also solgryn is the biggest bullet hell I've ever seen. Nothing else should be said about him he is hard for all the wrong reasons because he has a bunch of stand in the right postion near the end of the fight and its an effing long fight.

Also by repetitive I mean the same segment again and again. Not like worlds but the segments in worlds. There doesn't need to be 4 or 5 screens with jumping on clouds, 2 screens would suffice. It is repetitive especially with traps at the end of segments. Btw sure the game looks nice, sure it has good music but does any of that matter at all when the game just isn't fun. There is no point in Playing a game that isn't fun. The only reason I'm playing through the game is because I lost a bet. And based on your comment you do care about flashy stuff alot more than I, that might not be as huge as derf made it sound but you still care about it more than the average gamer.

Merg

• View Profile
    • YouTube Account
« Reply #257 on: March 27, 2011, 12:59:06 pm »

Kinata

• View Profile
« Reply #258 on: March 27, 2011, 01:57:04 pm »

And kinata, i wasn't just talking about megaman, every boss is like that, except maybe sonic but that boss is BS for other reasons. He puts in all these stupid stand in the right spot parts at the end of the battle. I wouldn't mind them as much in the beginning but at the end is just stupid.

I guess that makes sense. Megaman and Sonic are the only bosses I've really enjoyed so far.

But solgryn which is where I'm at now is the stupidest final boss ever. In both character design and fight design. First off He's an effing boss, yeah epic final boss, a box. Next the fight design is always the same. And at the end of the first and last phase he basically runs out of patterns and does the same attack until you beat the phase. Yeah thats not repetitive at all. Also solgryn is the biggest bullet hell I've ever seen. Nothing else should be said about him he is hard for all the wrong reasons because he has a bunch of stand in the right postion near the end of the fight and its an effing long fight.

I've only seen videos of him, but that sounds about right. I like the middle phase where you have to destroy the barrier, and I like how out of nowhere it becomes shmup boss, though even the latter point wasn't really executed well. Though the I disagree with you on character design. What's wrong with having an unusual looking final boss? Creative>epic.

by repetitive I mean the same segment again and again. Not like worlds but the segments in worlds. There doesn't need to be 4 or 5 screens with jumping on clouds, 2 screens would suffice. It is repetitive especially with traps at the end of segments.

There are only 2 cloud-jumping segments, and they are completely different from each other. It's not that repetitive. The trap at the end is annoying though.

Btw sure the game looks nice, sure it has good music but does any of that matter at all when the game just isn't fun. There is no point in Playing a game that isn't fun.

Very true, but this is game is fun to play, at least in most people's opinions. Did you ever consider that some of your complaints are just a matter of your specific opinion?

And based on your comment you do care about flashy stuff alot more than I, that might not be as huge as derf made it sound but you still care about it more than the average gamer.

How did you get that impression? All I said was that a good, unbiased reviewer doesn't just review the parts of the game that interests you most.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2011, 02:07:17 pm by Kinata »
Disclaimer:

This author is not responsible for any headaches, frustration, blindness, high blood pressure, or suicides resulting from this post.

Read at your own risk.

Valkema

• Anonly Asia O_O
  • The Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: March 27, 2011, 03:33:54 pm »

There are atleast 3 cloud jumping rooms don't lie. I was using that as an example there are alot of places where boshy just over does it on the number of rooms needed to express an idea.

But but on the subject of creativeness. Being creative only gets you so far. You may have a good idea but if its not implemented properly then its crap. What is the use of a creative Idea if its not fun. Here is what the final boss does. It sums up the whole game in an epic conclusion. Maybe boshy did get that right. Boshy is garbage and the final boss is garbage.

But really though a box. You think that is a good idea. An effing box. Also here is my problem with the shmup section at the end. He basically changed up the whole gameplay that you are used to at the very end of the game. That is one thing you just don't do.

However the main thing I've found with people who like boshy is parts they like I don't like and that means I will never be able to convince them the game sucks because they like parts the I don't think are good. For example, Alot of people like the idea of save jumping. I think that Idea is stupid. I don't feel like getting into why its just an example.

Indigo Blue

• That fucking chilean dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: March 27, 2011, 03:47:33 pm »

There are atleast 3 cloud jumping rooms don't lie. I was using that as an example there are alot of places where boshy just over does it on the number of rooms needed to express an idea.

But but on the subject of creativeness. Being creative only gets you so far. You may have a good idea but if its not implemented properly then its crap. What is the use of a creative Idea if its not fun. Here is what the final boss does. It sums up the whole game in an epic conclusion. Maybe boshy did get that right. Boshy is garbage and the final boss is garbage.

But really though a box. You think that is a good idea. An effing box. Also here is my problem with the shmup section at the end. He basically changed up the whole gameplay that you are used to at the very end of the game. That is one thing you just don't do.

However the main thing I've found with people who like boshy is parts they like I don't like and that means I will never be able to convince them the game sucks because they like parts the I don't think are good. For example, Alot of people like the idea of save jumping. I think that Idea is stupid. I don't feel like getting into why its just an example.

and why you think is a good idea to convince people to NOT Like something?
"im going to write this here so i dont have to say it always:
SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH"

Storyyeller

• The Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: March 27, 2011, 03:49:35 pm »

The only problem I see with the Shmup section is the lack of autofire. Autofire is pretty much mandatory if you want to make a decent shmup. Especially since he just spammed tons of enemies, so you have to break your keyboard otherwise.

Kinata

• View Profile
« Reply #262 on: March 27, 2011, 04:45:27 pm »

However the main thing I've found with people who like boshy is parts they like I don't like and that means I will never be able to convince them the game sucks because they like parts the I don't think are good.

That's what it all comes down to. We can't argue over opinions. Let's agree to disagree or something like that.

The only problem I see with the Shmup section is the lack of autofire. Autofire is pretty much mandatory if you want to make a decent shmup. Especially since he just spammed tons of enemies, so you have to break your keyboard otherwise.

He added autofire in recent versions.
Disclaimer:

Read at your own risk.

Fred-eye-inc

« Reply #263 on: March 27, 2011, 04:46:50 pm »

And while the shmup seciton is absolute crap I did it fairly easily without auto-fire.

avengah

• I am the Guy, the Fangame, Pickory AND The Boshy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: March 27, 2011, 05:09:56 pm »

I enjoy Boshy. Not just parts of it, but all of it. I think it is a really good game in all departments, and it's great fun to play.

Autofire has been in both Shoot em up sections since version 1.0, which is months ago. I did beat the Gradius bit before Autofire was put in, but my hand ached like hell and I nearly broke my keyboard in the process. Now that's not a problem any more, the whole game is immensely fun IMO. It's clear that Solgryn has put a lot of effort into this game.

Storyyeller

• The Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: March 27, 2011, 05:20:56 pm »

Sorry, I guess most of what I've seen is from really early versions. (Mostly Michael_1985's streams) I haven't actually played the game much since I don't have the patience or skill to get very far.

Valkema

• Anonly Asia O_O
  • The Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: March 27, 2011, 06:26:30 pm »

@indigo

I try to reveal whats wrong with the game. Which might change peoples opinions (not to the point of hating it but maybe so they don't look at it like its the best game ever made) and might also tell people who haven't played the game whether or not they should play it. But when people like the parts of the game I criticize then the first part doesn't matter, that is why I asked why people liked the game.

I get really bored of repeating myself since every fangame seems to have the same problems. So I'll probably not comment on any more fangames (besides youtube vids by Jon), until another fangame comes out.

But one last thing

Which did you enjoy more, I Wanna be the Guy or I wanna be the boshy?

avengah

• I am the Guy, the Fangame, Pickory AND The Boshy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: March 27, 2011, 07:14:59 pm »

Personally I prefer Boshy. There just seems to be so much more to it in every department.

LudorExperiens

• I didn't get raped in IWBTB
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: March 28, 2011, 11:01:30 am »

If somebody is interested in watching a video of world 9 on rape mode: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCyz6wPbLjA

« Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 12:53:36 pm by LudorExperiens »
After 2 years the next version is out: http://iwbtg.kayin.moe/forums/index.php?topic=10827.0

Iwannabethecollector

• Pain is pleasure...
    • View Profile
"ponyvirus is worse than AIDS"
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 42