I Wanna Be The Forums!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Gaiden 1.2 patch released. Click here to download!

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 42

Author Topic: I Wanna Be The Boshy (Online, V.1.0 is released!)  (Read 592768 times)

Valkema

• Anonly Asia O_O
  • The Guy
  • What. I'm busy right now.
    • View Profile
Re: I Wanna Be The Boshy (Online, V.1.0 is released!)
« Reply #375 on: November 06, 2011, 08:24:17 am »

Sonic's movements are based on your position, so I'm not sure if that counts as a pattern. Yes if you do the same exact same thing every time you will win, but very minor differences in your position can make huge differences in Sonic's behavior, so you pretty much have to learn to improvise with him. In my opinion Sonic is the only good boss in Boshy, being very intense and lacking any major flaw. Of course, I'm certain Anon has something to say about that.
Sonic is the best boss in boshy but this doesn't say much at all.

Merg

• View Profile
    • YouTube Account
« Reply #376 on: November 06, 2011, 08:32:22 am »

I'm curious, if you find the time to answer these questions, what do you think of Biollante, Shang Tsung and Missingno Valkama?

Valkema

• Anonly Asia O_O
  • The Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: November 06, 2011, 08:40:21 am »

I'm curious, if you find the time to answer these questions, what do you think of Biollante, Shang Tsung and Missingno Valkama?

Every Boss in Boshy except for missingno is in a strict pattern. Even sonic has a pattern although his attacks may very the order they come in is the same. Now because Sonic's attacks very then he is a slight exception. Only problem with sonic is he has too much hp and the chaos emerald attack is retarded. MissingNo on the other hand is flawed in another way. Every single one of MissingNo's attacks sucks. Solgryn had the right idea with random attacks but all the attacks sucked so it helped none. To be honest though a lot of bosses wouldn't go over well with random attack patterns Considering boshy's bosses are based around knowing what's comming. If it was random then you would get BS'd at every corner. So the only way for the boss to function is with straight forward attacks however this is terrible boss design making the player do the same thing over and over again.

Random Attacks and Relative attacks are what make for good boss attacks. Memory attacks that function like how traps do does not.

YoSniper

• Code blooded. Check it and see.
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #378 on: November 06, 2011, 11:53:28 am »

Every Boss in Boshy except for missingno is in a strict pattern. Even sonic has a pattern although his attacks may very the order they come in is the same. Now because Sonic's attacks very then he is a slight exception. Only problem with sonic is he has too much hp and the chaos emerald attack is retarded. MissingNo on the other hand is flawed in another way. Every single one of MissingNo's attacks sucks. Solgryn had the right idea with random attacks but all the attacks sucked so it helped none. To be honest though a lot of bosses wouldn't go over well with random attack patterns Considering boshy's bosses are based around knowing what's comming. If it was random then you would get BS'd at every corner. So the only way for the boss to function is with straight forward attacks however this is terrible boss design making the player do the same thing over and over again.

Random Attacks and Relative attacks are what make for good boss attacks. Memory attacks that function like how traps do does not.

Agreed. Boss fights should be based more on skill than memorization. Pretty much the entire game of Boshy is one big memory test.
I don't traverse the forums as much anymore. Follow me on Twitter if you want to keep tabs on me!

Twitter: @YoSniperGames
Twitch: yosniper

Streams happen whenever I feel like it.

Kinata

• What, we're supposed to play games for FUN?
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: November 06, 2011, 03:15:01 pm »

Agreed. Boss fights should be based more on skill than memorization. Pretty much the entire game of Boshy is one big memory test.

Not true. It also has plenty of precise jumps. ;)

Only problem with sonic is he has too much hp and the chaos emerald attack is retarded.

Too much HP? His two breather phases make his HP completely reasonable. Most people beat him in 1-1.5 cycles, which seems about right to me. His chaos emerald attack is his worst, but considering that he aims the emeralds at you, it's quite easy to dodge and thus I don't really care it.
Disclaimer:

This author is not responsible for any headaches, frustration, blindness, high blood pressure, or suicides resulting from this post.

Read at your own risk.

Merg

• View Profile
    • YouTube Account
« Reply #380 on: November 06, 2011, 03:21:10 pm »

... It also has plenty of precise jumps. ;)
Which are dick.
... His chaos emerald attack is his worst ...
Really? The worst part imo is when Tails flies at Sonic. Those rings drop onto random spots and Sonic then going ape shit straight at you often makes it hard as hell to avoid for me. The chaos emerald attack is just slowly going from the left edge to the right edge of the platform.

Valkema

• Anonly Asia O_O
  • The Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: November 06, 2011, 03:35:46 pm »

Too much HP? His two breather phases make his HP completely reasonable. Most people beat him in 1-1.5 cycles, which seems about right to me. His chaos emerald attack is his worst, but considering that he aims the emeralds at you, it's quite easy to dodge and thus I don't really care it.
Maybe not HP but more of length of the first attack.
Really? The worst part imo is when Tails flies at Sonic. Those rings drop onto random spots and Sonic then going ape shit straight at you often makes it hard as hell to avoid for me. The chaos emerald attack is just slowly going from the left edge to the right edge of the platform.
What is this attack you speak of? I never saw it cause I only beat the game on easy mode.

Merg

• View Profile
    • YouTube Account
« Reply #382 on: November 06, 2011, 03:42:26 pm »

What is this attack you speak of? I never saw it cause I only beat the game on easy mode.
He uses it right after the chaos emerald attack.
Attack description incoming:  Tails flies over the platform, you have to jump over him, and he hits Sonic causing rings to burst out of him and they randomly hit the platform, bouncing up again. In addition with Sonic going to his homing phase again this is annoying as hell for me.

Darkwraith Axl

• Returning with newfound humanity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: November 06, 2011, 03:58:16 pm »

He uses it right after the chaos emerald attack.
Attack description incoming:  Tails flies over the platform, you have to jump over him, and he hits Sonic causing rings to burst out of him and they randomly hit the platform, bouncing up again. In addition with Sonic going to his homing phase again this is annoying as hell for me.

I have to feel sorry for those who played in Rape mode (Ludor, merg), because that attack it's mandatory. With some big ass bullets and some quick finger (in Hard-on at least) you can kill it in the emerald attack
> This community: Elitists pieces of shit.
> That community: Retards without a lick of taste.
Pick your poison.

Kinata

• What, we're supposed to play games for FUN?
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: November 06, 2011, 09:33:02 pm »

... It also has plenty of precise jumps. ;)
Which are dick.
I was making a joke.

... His chaos emerald attack is his worst ...
[/quote]

I haven't played Boshy much in a while. When I first played I didn't realize the emeralds were aimed at you, so it was really hard for me. Now that I know that the ring attack is probably worse though it isn't too bad.
Disclaimer:

This author is not responsible for any headaches, frustration, blindness, high blood pressure, or suicides resulting from this post.

Read at your own risk.

Merg

• View Profile
    • YouTube Account
« Reply #385 on: December 11, 2011, 04:17:21 am »

They are so fucking fast
Not really.
spike trap without double jumping.
Double jump into the gap inbetween both spikes and then hold right?

Darkwraith Axl

• View Profile
« Reply #386 on: December 11, 2011, 02:24:28 pm »

Ok, I got past that hellhole, and now i give up at this part because my timing either sucks, or...well, i don't fucking know what else it could be.

It's not even hard. "You suck" can't be an option, right?
Pick your poison.

Merg

• View Profile
    • YouTube Account
« Reply #387 on: December 11, 2011, 05:17:04 pm »

pretty much is at this point, seeing as  you need to have perfect timing for this or else you'll just end up getting nowhere but enragement.
You can go down with the arrow key and up with "Jump" if you didn't already know. The last spike obstacles before the boxes are a bit tricky because going down will end badly (for me atleast) but everything else is a piece of cake. You could go to the secrety secret World of Warcraft World if it's too much for you, even though that one is BS.

Darkwraith Axl

• View Profile
« Reply #388 on: December 12, 2011, 01:55:06 pm »

FUCK THIS SHIT

FUCK

THIS

SHIT.

SOLSHIT, YOU DON'T FUCKING MAKE DIFFERENT PACED ENEMIES COME OUT OF THE SIDE WITH NO PATTERN. ALL OF MY DEATHS HAVE BEEN BECAUSE OF SHITTY RANDOM ENEMY PLACEMENT IN THIS WORLD. THERE'S NO PATTERN, IT'S A MOTHERFUCKING GUESSING GAME OF LUCK

THERE'S NO CHANCE AT IT UNLESS YOU SEE THE FUCKING FUTURE

WELL, HERE'S THE FUTURE AND PRESENT: I QUIT THIS PIECE OF SHIT.

Ironically, that's called the "Random World". And dude... well... that's your call. One more added to the raped list.
Pick your poison.

Darkwraith Axl

• View Profile
« Reply #389 on: December 12, 2011, 03:14:24 pm »

FUCK THIS SHIT

FUCK

THIS

SHIT.

SOLSHIT, YOU DON'T FUCKING MAKE DIFFERENT PACED ENEMIES COME OUT OF THE SIDE WITH NO PATTERN. ALL OF MY DEATHS HAVE BEEN BECAUSE OF SHITTY RANDOM ENEMY PLACEMENT IN THIS WORLD. THERE'S NO PATTERN, IT'S A MOTHERFUCKING GUESSING GAME OF LUCK

THERE'S NO CHANCE AT IT UNLESS YOU SEE THE FUCKING FUTURE

WELL, HERE'S THE FUTURE AND PRESENT: I QUIT THIS PIECE OF SHIT.

Ironically, that's called the "Random World". And dude... well... that's your call. One more added to the raped list.

oh oh oh, get this. after that post, NO FUCKING BULLS SPAWNED, so i just trotted right fucking through, and the next fucking parts were easy shit. the boss is fucking annoying, though.

If my memory dont play tricks, the Boss it's Megaman and his crew. Good luck at bullet hell. Quick triggers are your best friend katzoo
Pick your poison.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 42