I Wanna Be The Forums!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Gaiden 1.2 patch released. Click here to download!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: GunGirl  (Read 19088 times)

BJ Blazkowicz

• View Profile
    • FarazParsa.TK
Re: GunGirl
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2008, 06:44:40 am »

I definitely enjoy the visuals.

The audio, on the other hand...

Edals

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2008, 12:13:22 pm »

Considering it's still in development, the only real complaints I have are that you can't leave Full Screen mode and you can't adjust the controls (I'm right-handed so shooting and jumping with the left is a real bitch).

It's a lot of fun to play, though.

Blue66

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2008, 08:49:26 pm »

I definitely enjoy the visuals.

The audio, on the other hand...

Could you please be a little more constructive next time? This kind of critique doesn't help me :(

On another topic... the next release is done! Now we have version 0.2 and I think the most important new thing are the new levels. There is another big new cool feature in the game, but I don't want to spoil anything here.

But I've taken care of some issues mentioned here like Window-mode didn't work (now it does) and the menu bar is now accessable by pressing ESC so you can easily change controls and quit the game and stuff. I also changed the video mode, so some of you should experience smoother visuals.

Get the new version here
http://www.paulinthenet.de/games.htm

download is about 30mb

...maybe I should make an extra version without music... that would cut the file size in half...

anyway I really hope you enjoy the new release :)

7inchflame

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2008, 08:53:26 pm »

:'( :'( :'( :'(I Still cant get past the first boss :'( :'( :'( can i have a save right after it or something :spikes: :kid: :fruit:

Blue66

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2008, 09:25:27 pm »

check your pms ;)

Edals

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2008, 09:39:42 pm »

Oof. I'm on the water-level now, and the water just obscures everything. If it weren't for the darkness, this would be workable, as your eyes would have enough time to adjust to the blending of impending threats, but combining that with the darkness is terribly frustrating. If it's designed to be frustrating, fair enough, but I definitely don't like it since it's giving me a massive headache.

Blue66

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2008, 05:22:29 am »

Thanks for your comment and I'm sorry for your headache. Just to remind you, nothing is in stone here. If more people think the darkness in that level went over the top, I can change some things to make it more enjoyable.

Ontarget

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2008, 04:36:12 pm »

I've been waiting for this.
I'll give you some CnC once I play.

Blue66

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2008, 07:28:44 pm »

the next levels are in the making right now, but I'm looking for some tough beta testers now. why? because I'm creating a new mode that you can access after beating the game once (in beta testing there is a cheat to activate it ;)) and this mode means HELL! I don't know how to name it, maybe iron maiden mode?

Well, in this mode you have extreme limited ammo and only 1 health at any time. So, one hit and you're dead.

For me, this mode is way too hard (yes, with all the shooting enemies and all that crap I think it might get even harder than IWBTG )... but I think you guys out there want a real challenge. So please let me know if you're willing to help me test this bitch mode (yes you will get credit for it).

The new mode will be available with the next release.

ps. did no1 else besides Edals play the new levels? is the game so boring? :(
« Last Edit: March 05, 2008, 07:39:31 pm by Blue66 »

SilentLoner

« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2008, 07:51:49 pm »

I made it past the second boss and I'm waiting for the next version. I'm enjoying it so far, but I think it's a pain to reach over to the 'R' key whenever I need to manually reload... Maybe the Enter key would be an easier reload key?

Also, I can try out the new mode, though I doubt I'll get past any of the bosses...
« Last Edit: March 05, 2008, 07:55:05 pm by SilentLoner »

Ontarget

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2008, 10:18:07 pm »

It's very good.

But the fucking guys who throw the knives. THE KNIVES SHOULDN'T GO THROUGH WALLS.

Blue66

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2008, 05:44:31 pm »

I'm still working on the game :)

@SilentLoner: Yes, you're probably right. I've decided to change the Hardcore mode, but I'm not sure how.

@Ontarget: Thanks, glad you like it :P. But this dude is supposed to be a mean fucker and it would be too easy if those axes wouldn't go through walls.

By the way, I had an idea lately and from now on, I'm gonna make some maps like a tribute to films or games... anybody recognize this scene?
« Last Edit: March 10, 2008, 05:50:59 pm by Blue66 »

Kitty

• What a furry.
  • Administrator
  • The Guy
  • ねこみみん is happy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2008, 06:05:37 pm »

I'm enjoying the game, although I do think the darkness was a bit much.

I beat the 2nd boss with 0 damage tho ;D
So adorable! <333
Quote from: Zuks
Quote from: Cat
I think it's raining.
Are you sure there isn't just some weird sky leak above your head?

Ontarget

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2008, 09:53:50 pm »

I would enjoy beta testing this game.

Blue66

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2008, 06:37:23 am »

damn, MMF2 sucks so bad... why in hell does he fuck up my system that much? Right now I'm trying to get the performance good for the latest level but this thing dropps my frames to about 10 per second for no reason. This sucks hard, I mean I can get most current games running better on my computer than this and this is only 2D!

fuck MMF2 to hell and every1 that reads this should use any other program than this 8[

besides - new version should be out this weekend... I think I'll just post the cheat for hardcore mode in this thread so every1 who wants can check it out and tell me if it's too hard.

...now back to performance tweaking again :(
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5