I Wanna Be The Forums!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Chat button has been eaten. Click here to join in the idling fun!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: GunGirl  (Read 19086 times)

Blue66

• View Profile
Re: GunGirl
« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2008, 12:32:36 pm »

*beta 0.3 update*

I've decided to release the next update today. Besides some bugfixes (moonwalking), there are 4 new levels to play, including one new boss (which will make you suffer^^).

I've also made the transparent water a little brighter at some levels. Hope your headache goes away now. Oh, and I've changed the music in some levels...

*New Iron Maiden mode available*
If you think this game is too easy, try the new hardcore mode. It will pop up if you press H on the title screen. Maybe even the iron maiden mode is too easy right now, I'm still testing around with it. Would be very nice to hear your opinion about it. Please note that your normal savegame will be overwritten if you play the hardcore mode and save the game. So if you want to keep your old normal savegame, just go to the directory and backup the save file first. Yeah I suck at the save scripts so maybe I'll change it with a later release so you can have multiple save files at a time...

Ummm what else to say? Oh yeah, have fun :)

grab version 0.33 here (40mb) ->> http://www.paulinthenet.de/gungirl/gungirl033.exe

ps: known issues - the performance on level 11 could be a little lacking within the first areas. MMF2 sucks! or maybe I suck... whatever, I'm trying to increase performance on that level in the future (if you're an experienced MMF2 user, maybe you can tell me a little trick to increase performance?) thanks.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2008, 02:13:23 pm by Blue66 »

Ontarget

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2008, 03:35:45 pm »

Ugh, again with the BULLETS GOING THROUGH WALLS.

Blue66

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2008, 07:40:55 am »

I went to my friends yesterday and they wanted to test my game. They are all very game experienced but when I saw their problems with some segments I just thought "damn I have to balance this".

Now I have realized what you mean, Ontarget. The bullets are intended to go through walls so you can't just hide behind stones all the time. But now I see what you mean. Some enemies were badly placed so they really piss you off by throwing an axe through a wall right in your face and you can't do anything about it even with lightspeed reflexes.

I also rebalanced the monkey boss and made him throw a little less bananas.

I've noticed that the game is very difficult which is intended, but at some points the difficulty raises up for wrong reasons and that's something I do not want. The game should be fair at all times so if you are skilled enough you should be able to avoid all kind of damage.

I've uploaded version 0.32 now which has a lot of balance fixes to make the game more enjoyable (I hope). Changed download link in the last post and on my website.

It would be very kind of you if you could point out some areas which you think are bad for the gameplay and off balance. That would help me very much, thank you :)
« Last Edit: March 15, 2008, 07:48:08 am by Blue66 »

SilentLoner

« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2008, 01:14:28 pm »

I think I found a glitch in the new version. On the fifth level, you changed the area where the extra life used to be, and now the life seems to appear in somewhat random locations.

Blue66

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2008, 02:01:59 pm »

Thanks a lot for pointing that out. I fixed it and I'm uploading version 0.33 right now.

Changing links when upload is complete.

upload complete
grab version 0.33 here (40mb) ->> http://www.paulinthenet.de/gungirl/gungirl033.exe
« Last Edit: March 15, 2008, 02:13:36 pm by Blue66 »

Ontarget

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 17, 2008, 03:34:59 pm »

Ok, Ill grab some screen shots where it is absolute bullshit.

Blue66

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 17, 2008, 08:41:16 pm »

man, you have some kind of problems?

Ontarget

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 18, 2008, 03:26:33 pm »

Nope, After playing the latest edition you took away all the parts that I thought were rough.

Edals

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 18, 2008, 05:02:45 pm »

I have two suggestions as of right now. It's your game so it's up to you in the end, but here goes:

1) Make it so that full screen is unselected to start. I don't know about anybody else, but I use a dual monitor setup, and when it opens in full screen, A) the music is generally blasting and I can't reach the volume and B) all the windows I had opened previously are horribly displaced.

2) Completely eliminate darkness from this game. I understand you are going for difficulty, but imo this is just WAAAY too annoying when you combine it with the enemies firing through walls and all that. You could also leave the darkness in, but make it so that you can at least kind of make out the enemies outside of the circle. Or maybe even a flashlight item that completely eliminates darkness in a straight line whichever direction you are facing? Because I really can't tell you how many times I've had phantom axes/bullets come flying at me, or walked right into one of those chainsaw maniacs who just dashes at me from across the screen because I had no chance to see him coming. I have full confidence that you can make this game just as difficult without the need for obscuring over 50% of the screen.

EDIT: Also, I play the regular size screen mode, which makes things MUCH more of a pain to see than normal. Large screen it fares a little better, but still pretty frustrating to make a jump in darkness just to see a hole appear underneath you while you're running from
an eyeball-demon (don't know what they're called) larger than your entire view.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2008, 05:06:02 pm by Edals »

Blue66

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 13, 2008, 03:33:50 pm »

Hi fellas!

It's been quite a while now since the last update. I'm sorry, but I had to take a little break from the game so I don't go completely insane like Kayin did... jk ;)

Well, the next version will be out soon. But what are the changes this time?

- the game has been completely rebalanced. for example level 3 has now a heart container.
- new timer on your status bar so you can see how long you've spent on the game
- Iron Maiden mode is now always available at title screen
- no more full screen when starting the game (thanks Edals)
- some minor changes and improvements
- 4 new levels (incl. one final boss)

btw does anyone have issues with the shift key on windows? my friends always get some lock function from windows that's really annoying. maybe I should change the default keys to WASD or something like that?

ps. any1 an idea what kind of reward I should put into the game after you've completed the last level? I though of kind of a ghost mode, so you can walk across the map and play every level you want...but thats kinda lame. does any1 have a better idea?
« Last Edit: April 13, 2008, 03:36:28 pm by Blue66 »

Tomrto

• YO I'M BREAD
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 13, 2008, 06:22:31 pm »

How about something where you play as GunDude and get the unlimited ammo pistol he got in the final level of GunDude and play through the levels with it?

Edals

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 13, 2008, 11:40:54 pm »

OOO I've been waiting for an update.

Blue66

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 18, 2008, 09:16:52 am »

@DimJim: good idea, I'll think about this :)

btw
I'm trying to finish the game during this weekend. Right now I'm making a list of people for the QA in the credits. Of course every1 who gave me his honest and constructive feedback will be on this list !!as long as he doesn't tell me he doesn't want to be on it!!

Here are the names so far:

Rash
Kayin
7inchflame
dsk
Macheezmo
BJ Blazkowicz
Edals
SilentLoner
catldr24
DimJim

hope I didn't forget some1. It's never too late to change stuff in the game, so you're still very welcome to give me your feedback about the game and I'll see what I can do about it.

I'm writing all this because I'm planning to make this game public and putting it on some freeware-game websites. So if you don't want to be in the credits (or want to have a different name, your real name etc.) please reply in this topic or send me a PM.

Kitty

• What a furry.
  • Administrator
  • The Guy
  • ねこみみん is happy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 18, 2008, 12:57:39 pm »

Credit mention?
Awesome.
So adorable! <333
Quote from: Zuks
Quote from: Cat
I think it's raining.
Are you sure there isn't just some weird sky leak above your head?

Blue66

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 18, 2008, 01:23:27 pm »

hey, just trying to be nice and inform you guys before I put your name in the game and spread it across (a tiny part of) the web and someone feels pissed off.

but thanks for the sarcasm.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5