I Wanna Be The Forums!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Gaiden 1.2 patch released. Click here to download!

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19

Author Topic: I Wanna See You Suffer  (Read 107791 times)

Storyyeller

• The Guy
    • View Profile
Re: I Wanna See You Suffer
« Reply #240 on: May 30, 2011, 03:25:49 pm »

You should add a replay system so that people don't have to upload videos in order to prove that they won.

Kinata

• What, we're supposed to play games for FUN?
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: May 30, 2011, 05:20:56 pm »

The save jumping room is too easy thanks to the fact that you can/are forced to save every time you make progress. I get that you were making fun of Boshy, but that doesn't give you the right to make an easy room.  :P

I even found what I think is a break in it. Near the middle there are a couple spikes in a

v
                                            <

formation that you can jump through and thus skip the invisible spike section at the bottom. I don't see why you thought that it was impossible to make it through especially considering one of the things you can skip is an invisible version of the same jump. And on Masochist mode BTW, you should replace the saves with special items that replenish your double jump upon being hit to maintain the whole impossible mode thing.
Disclaimer:

This author is not responsible for any headaches, frustration, blindness, high blood pressure, or suicides resulting from this post.

Read at your own risk.

Valkema

• Anonly Asia O_O
  • The Guy
  • What. I'm busy right now.
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: May 30, 2011, 06:21:01 pm »

The problem Storyyeller is its rather difficult to put up a replay system in gamemaker and ultrajman is not very skilled in the program.

UltraJMan

• Hurdadurdalur.
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: June 01, 2011, 10:11:51 am »

The problem Storyyeller is its rather difficult to put up a replay system in gamemaker and ultrajman is not very skilled in the program.

I can learn if need be, also I should go back and mess with the save jump room cause I like the impossible idea, though I still want one save before each boss to give SOME fighting chance for total crazies out there.

Maybe I need SIX difficulties, we'll see. Also posting to welcome CincinattiKid to the IWSYS design crew.
UEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEH

Concussion

• I'm what you will have if you play IWTBG!
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: June 01, 2011, 05:23:48 pm »

Well, I didn't think this game could get harder. Then you added cincinnatikid. Shit is about to get serious.
^
SECRETS AND LIES. ITS ALL SECRETS AND LIES

Fred-eye-inc

« Reply #245 on: June 01, 2011, 05:46:12 pm »

Yeah Liam mentioned he was in the design crew. This will be Excellent® ;D

Reepicheep

• View Profile
« Reply #246 on: June 01, 2011, 06:44:54 pm »

Fun Times >)

Nah man thanks for the welcome to the team, I look forwarded to contributing where I can XD
"I see, my dear Theaetetus, that Theodorus had a true insight into your nature when he said that you were a philosopher, for wonder is the feeling of a philosopher, and philosophy begins in wonder." Plato

Kinata

• View Profile
« Reply #247 on: June 01, 2011, 09:42:41 pm »

Can I join the crew as a semi-creative mind? Having played/save-hacked through most of the game (I'm not going to bother doing the other paths legitly until they're complete), I can definitely tell you about the all of the places where the difficulty was sub-optimal, and I have ideas for new sources of pain. ;D

BTW, I can't figure out how to do the second last room of the right path. In the newest version, the spikes pretty much form a wall without any holes in it. Are you sure it's possible? I had to save hack onto the lower left block since I'm pretty sure I'm somehow supposed to magically make it to that thing.
Disclaimer:

This author is not responsible for any headaches, frustration, blindness, high blood pressure, or suicides resulting from this post.

Read at your own risk.

Valkema

• Anonly Asia O_O
  • The Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: June 01, 2011, 10:21:11 pm »

So I may have just completed and recorded a Masochist run. File is still compressing so no promises but hopefully you can except a full masochist run by tomorrow. This only goes to Hubert BTW nothing else.

Kinata

• View Profile
« Reply #249 on: June 01, 2011, 10:53:45 pm »

Goddammit Anon can you at least pretend there's something you can't do.  :'(

Seriously there's so many things in this game that are like impossible to do reliably. Hubert isn't actually that hard (I just tried beating him again a minute ago and almost succeeded on my first try), but how the hell did you master:

Killing the hawk in NG room 3
The second jump in NG room 4
Getting past the first up and down diamond spike and making it to the ledge in NG room 5

I have like a 1% success rate with all of these no matter how much I practice them. Seriously man.
Disclaimer:

Read at your own risk.

Valkema

• Anonly Asia O_O
  • The Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: June 01, 2011, 11:02:10 pm »

1st one is all about timing, second one is the run killer, third one, well it sorta glitched. But hey works for me  ;D

Kinata

• View Profile
« Reply #251 on: June 01, 2011, 11:05:43 pm »

Well, now I have a new goal to reach. Just give me a year.
Disclaimer:

Read at your own risk.

Valkema

• Anonly Asia O_O
  • The Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: June 01, 2011, 11:11:56 pm »

Alright so It looks like not having sound on actually made it so Hypercam would actually record it. Hurray. I will edit it and post it to youtube tomorrow. Because I don't feel like doing it right now. And baby steps Kinata. Beat Macho first.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 03:40:47 pm by Anonymous »

Kinata

• View Profile
« Reply #253 on: June 01, 2011, 11:14:26 pm »

I think I'll start with I'm Still a Weenie mode... You see Anon, I'm one of those guys who actually has to practice to get good.   >:(
Disclaimer:

Read at your own risk.

Valkema

• Anonly Asia O_O
  • The Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: June 01, 2011, 11:15:52 pm »

My practice was IWBTG on impossible and speed running it (on very hard).
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19