I Wanna Be The Forums!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Gaiden 1.2 patch released. Click here to download!

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19

Author Topic: I Wanna See You Suffer  (Read 107823 times)

Kinata

• What, we're supposed to play games for FUN?
    • View Profile
Re: I Wanna See You Suffer
« Reply #255 on: June 01, 2011, 11:18:53 pm »

I've managed to beat IWBTG using only 1 save, but by then I was bored of the challenge so I gave up. Hopefully that won't happen with this, since JMan says he'll actually give us 1 save before each boss. Hurray for sanity.
Disclaimer:

This author is not responsible for any headaches, frustration, blindness, high blood pressure, or suicides resulting from this post.

Read at your own risk.

Valkema

• Anonly Asia O_O
  • The Guy
  • What. I'm busy right now.
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: June 02, 2011, 04:15:18 pm »

Masocist Run  ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJp5kt-Z36Q

Glitch is at 1:44. Not sure how you could fix it because it was most likely caused by lag. Whatever works for me ;D

Kinata

• View Profile
« Reply #257 on: June 06, 2011, 05:01:05 pm »

For some reason or another, I decided to come up with a long list of ways to make this game harder. Oy I'm becoming my own worse enemy! XD

At the end of NG 1, make a spike fall on the right as well as the left. Also it’s possible to trigger the left one and jump back up to dodge it and let it fall. Fix that or make it required.

For NG 2, don’t make the hawk killable by shooting. Have it follow the Masokid throughout the maze. Maybe make it die to the fake spike or to the shurikens from above. Also cover the surface in NG 1, except for the leftmost tile, in invisible spikes to prevent that exploit where the hawk just flies away.

At the end of NG 3 with the hawk segment, there are 3 rows to stand on, and there are 2 ways to fall from the middle row to the bottom row. Put an invisible spike in the right spot where you can fall to the bottom row because there is a harder way to do the segment.

In NG 4, seriously man there’s all that open space in the middle. Put something there. Also there’s no need for both walls at the right to be wall-jumpable. It’s much easier just to stay on the left wall since shurikens can’t hit you if you are on the left wall, but they can if you’re on the right wall. Therefore you should make the left wall a regular surface.

In NG 5, there are 3 wall-jumping segments where you once again give us 2 walls and we don’t need both. This time remove the right walls because they’re easier to jump on. That’s because pressing left and right at the same time makes you go right. Therefore wall jumping on right walls just requires tapping the left button as fast possible while holding right. This would also prevent the exploit with the secret item where you just wall jump on the right wall to not trigger the hawk if it's there. This way you don't have to do the hawk segment before the secret segment. Also switch the sides of the spikes in the wall jumping bit right before Hubert to account for this change.

Also, move the rightmost invisible spike in the second room of the hawk chase up above the spike formation and force the person to the do the precise jump (instead of preventing us from doing it for some reason). Finally, make the hawk die to the blue thing instead of the pink thing (I’m quite certain that would be possible).

Make Hubert harder. He should be the hardest part of the upper path, but he's not (NG 3,4,5, and the secret item all beat him). I suggest you add a third phase, where after you destroy the pink orb, the tubing remains. To finish him off, you have to wall jump through the bullet hell and get a single shot into point of release of the jelly. You may want to lighten up the bullet hell to make this somewhat sane, and it would make sense because it would represent the destruction of the source, but I think it would be cooler if you kept it full throttle.  :o

In the first room of the right path, after the first apple shooting bit, put an invisible apple blocking the first precise jump to force the player to jump above and then through the spike formation.

In the third room of the right path, it's possible to jump over the spike wall by using the rightwards moving blocks from the previous room. What you should do is put a block below this room that triggers at the same time as the spike wall. This block slowly moves upwards, and it does not enter the room until after the spike wall is completely gone. Using this block, the player will be able to enter the room above this room (while of course dodging the "welcome" letters), which will contain the secret item for the hub (since the hub still needs a secret item).

In the first room of the lower path, add an upwards-moving spike trigger right after the player gets under the leftwards-moving spike wall. This will force the player to do the room backwards as fast as possible.

Also some general suggestions for future ideas:

Make bullets appear behind fake blocks instead of in front of them to make it harder to detect them. This is kind of like the sparkly blood thing. This would help to emphasize the point that the Masokid is as pathetic as possible. He has weaker blood, can only shoot one bullet at a time, and even that one bullet is inferior to normal bullets.

There’s a glitch in IWBTE for some (maybe all) blocks that move in a direction when touched. If you jump off one of these glitched blocks the same frame you land on it, it won’t trigger. I know for sure that that happens for the first block of the second room in the right path because it happened to me twice and it also has happened on one of Iido's videos. You should at some point force the player to perform that glitch.

Make some bit where there’s a spike or spike wall that moves so fast that it moves a rather large distance each frame. The player will have to find the right spot to glitch through the wall.

Due to the great response players get from the invisible block and fake block mazes you have, you should design 2 separate rooms with the same entrance: one appears to be relatively mild for this game, and the other is another maze room. Using fake/invisible fruit, spike, and (moon) blocks, make a room that appears like the first but is actually the second.

Another fake difficulty idea is where you have a floor and ceiling covered with spikes, and the room is chock full of trigger points for either of them. If you touch a trigger, you’re gonna get murdered by one of the two. With the help of invisible blocks, you’lol have to traverse around all of them.

You may want to combine the above two ideas into an ultimate room of fake difficulty.

After the player beats the final boss, there should be a secret True Last Boss of horrible pain, sadism, and difficulty. To reach this boss, the player will have to collect all secret items and be on I’m a Massive Weenie or higher (I’m mainly suggesting this because I refuse to accept that Bitchmade is a fully legitimate difficulty).

« Last Edit: June 09, 2011, 07:52:43 pm by Kinata »
Disclaimer:

This author is not responsible for any headaches, frustration, blindness, high blood pressure, or suicides resulting from this post.

Read at your own risk.

ForestNine

• View Profile
« Reply #258 on: February 06, 2012, 09:16:43 pm »

The link in OP is to Megaupload, so now I can't get a copy of this game. Anyone who's already downloaded the most recent version feel like uploading it somewhere else so I can share in your pain?

Thanks!

DrDoomlittle

• U Jelly?
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: July 04, 2012, 11:17:27 am »

Masocist Run 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJp5kt-Z36Q

And THAT, my friends, is why this game has not been updated. And if he IS still working on it, God bless his soul.

Oh and does anyone have the newest version of the game? I'm stuck with some version I found on some website that's a couple months outdated.  =(
I swear, everyone goes OCD when they play Minecraft.

UltraJMan

• Hurdadurdalur.
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: April 21, 2013, 05:51:31 am »

It's a little late for an Easter Jesus zombie joke so instead I'm just going to bring this nightmare back. Due to a reward tier of a donation stream to help out Nickwyrmfang I am actually obliged to finish this game. Tonight started with looking through the code, fixing some random bits *like the impossible right path, I may have had something planned and forgot to fix a trigger*

Things to expect from this:
Five full areas, one is already complete and will be unaltered, the hub will get an additional section.
Megaman/VVVVVV area, using Gravity Man style flippers.
SMT area still stands, the gimmick is to die for :v.
Kid Chameleon. Nough' said.
Obviously a final area place thing, you'll hate it, trust me.

I'm hoping to have some additions to the engine if a couple people are willing to help out. I'm busy on a project of my own that's as far away from all this fangame BS as possible, but I won't flake out of this project this time. I'll be updating the origin post sometime soon with a new and fixed build, likely after the second area and boss are completed.

Thank you everyone that waited for your patience, I'm honestly not sure how sane any of you are but I love you anyways!
« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 05:53:12 am by UltraJMan »
UEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEH

Kinata

• View Profile
« Reply #261 on: April 21, 2013, 09:42:14 pm »

Tonight started with looking through the code, fixing some random bits *like the impossible right path, I may have had something planned and forgot to fix a trigger*

D:<

the hub will get an additional section.

Ooh, I hope it's my suggestion. It fits well in the 3x3 map.

Those are always fun. The Gravity Man boss in IWBT Popularity is considered to be one of the hardest bosses in all of I Wanna gaming.

So how's that going to work? After you finish the fourth area you do, will you just warp to the the final area instead of back to the beginning?

Thank you everyone that waited for your patience, I'm honestly not sure how sane any of you are but I love you anyways!

I think it takes more patience to beat the game then to wait for new version, but thanks anyway. :/
Disclaimer:

Read at your own risk.

UltraJMan

• Hurdadurdalur.
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: April 22, 2013, 12:16:01 am »

Tonight started with looking through the code, fixing some random bits *like the impossible right path, I may have had something planned and forgot to fix a trigger*

D:<

the hub will get an additional section.

Ooh, I hope it's my suggestion. It fits well in the 3x3 map.

Those are always fun. The Gravity Man boss in IWBT Popularity is considered to be one of the hardest bosses in all of I Wanna gaming.

So how's that going to work? After you finish the fourth area you do, will you just warp to the the final area instead of back to the beginning?

I think it takes more patience to beat the game then to wait for new version, but thanks anyway. :/

To answer: 8D

#2: Yes

#3: Gravity Man gon be bitchmade compared to my plan, so I hope.

#4: Getting too far ahead of yourself here ;)

#5: Accurate.
UEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEH

Kinata

• View Profile
« Reply #263 on: April 22, 2013, 02:12:25 am »

#3: Gravity Man gon be bitchmade compared to my plan, so I hope.

Oh really? Gravity Man says hi:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QppokYyKbKE

But seriously, there is so much cruel shit you could do with flipping. Have mercy. T.T
Disclaimer:

Read at your own risk.

UltraJMan

• Hurdadurdalur.
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: April 22, 2013, 02:32:59 am »

Haha I actually watched that before posting, tbh I've seen worse but AI wise he's okay. A lot of the challenge seems to stem from the random grenade part, we'll see though, I'm definitely not playing that game myself just to try one thing.
UEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEH

Sephalos

• View Profile
« Reply #265 on: April 22, 2013, 07:30:03 am »

I was gonna give this game a try but...
Oops! Google Chrome could not find www.megaupload.com

Darkwraith Axl

• Returning with newfound humanity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: April 22, 2013, 01:17:00 pm »

I don't really know what to feel with this info... I have a big smile, but I feel real terror sending shivers on my spine... Seems like I really wanna see people suffer...
> This community: Elitists pieces of shit.
> That community: Retards without a lick of taste.
Pick your poison.

UltraJMan

• Hurdadurdalur.
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: April 26, 2013, 09:44:59 am »

I was gonna give this game a try but...
Oops! Google Chrome could not find www.megaupload.com

I just recompiled the game together right now, not a lot is changed and none of the new areas are reachable yet. Things that are different: Hubert's HP increased very slightly, fixed a trap that was unsolvable before, and a couple other minor things. OP has been updated with a new download link.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2013, 09:56:13 am by UltraJMan »
UEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEH

UltraJMan

• Hurdadurdalur.
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: May 11, 2013, 05:18:45 am »

Seeing as how I'm 90% positive nobody has faith in this I'm two rooms into a new area, and I can proudly, and safely unveil the new difficulty!

Solgryn mode: The exact same as masochist mode! But the screen shakes, constantly, for the entire game. You'd have to be stupid to try this mode, it's really not worth it. But I know you will anyways so good luck ace!

If anyone wants a new screenshot or something I'll be glad to post one, hopefully within about a month or so I can upload a new build with a new area and boss implemented.
UEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEH

Lemon

• View Profile
« Reply #269 on: May 18, 2013, 04:31:09 am »

Looking forward to seeing what becomes of this game, although I dont look through these forums that often at all. as for solgryn difficulty, that sounds like pure pain. I'l stick to the wussiest difficulty you have lol.
thanks for adding a new link, the only way to get it before was from another website which had a really old build that had about half of gaiden area. I dont remember where, I got it from somebody else.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19