I Wanna Be The Forums!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Gaiden 1.2 patch released. Click here to download!

Poll

4-player local capability?

Yes
No

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: Detonation Zone V2  (Read 22542 times)

YoSniper

• Code blooded. Check it and see.
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
Re: Detonation Zone *Work In Progress* (3rd Alpha)
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2010, 03:05:29 pm »

There is at present ONE KNOWN PROBLEM WITH THE LEVEL EDITOR. You have to be careful placing your spikes, because if you try to delete an instance of spikes, then there's a chance that the game will delete two spike objects that are next to each other, but not necessarily at the same x and y.

Other than that, please feel free to try it out and report any bugs you feel are significant. I will get back to working on this game in a week or two.
I don't traverse the forums as much anymore. Follow me on Twitter if you want to keep tabs on me!

Twitter: @YoSniperGames
Twitch: yosniper

Streams happen whenever I feel like it.

Indigo Blue

• That fucking chilean dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2010, 12:26:24 pm »

Making a level its kicking my ass, but i think im getting better at it
"im going to write this here so i dont have to say it always:
SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH"

YoSniper

• View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2010, 04:24:02 pm »

GOOD NEWS!

I may have a new voice actress after all. I was lucky enough to get a reply on the GMC forum.

As for further contributions, I just need the following background sprites:

"Green House" (I'm looking for a background that looks like shiny smooth green emeralds protruding in different directions.)
"Hot Foot" (Obviously based on fire. For an added challenge, try making the fire look like four different flames superimposed on each other such that no matter how the chamber is oriented, the fire looks like part of it is flickering upward.)
"Dark Tunnel" (Basically a faint white glow that becomes more blurry and obscured as it goes toward the edges of the background, which are a dark shade of gray/slate.)

A big thank-you to those who have already contributed backgrounds, namely yayyayyay09, cincinnatikid and Indigo.
I don't traverse the forums as much anymore. Follow me on Twitter if you want to keep tabs on me!

arcticfox1985

« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2010, 07:27:48 pm »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Detonation_Zone

No one can say this game doesn't exist! It's on wikipedia!
Edit: The content was deleted for not being encyclopedic. Link redirects to the Detonation Zone post on the YoSniper Games blog.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2010, 08:27:27 pm by arcticfox1985 »

Storyyeller

• The Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2010, 08:44:05 pm »

Not for long.

arcticfox1985

« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2010, 08:23:25 pm »

yeah that's my bad. I encouraged YoSniper to make the article without realizing wikipedia is opposed to blatant advertising.

The article has been moved to here: http://yosniper.wordpress.com/2010/11/01/game-3-detonation-zone/

YoSniper

• View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
Re: Detonation Zone *Level Titles/Ideas Needed*
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2011, 01:10:05 pm »

Bump for attention to announcement.

tealgamemaster

• my torture is your enjoyment
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2011, 07:35:14 am »

show me which levels need titles and what the titles of the other levels are (just screen shot of each level will do) and i'll come up with something interesting for you, you dont have to use it if you dont like it of course but yeah i'll try come up with some names for you :D

YoSniper

• View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2011, 11:34:01 am »

show me which levels need titles and what the titles of the other levels are (just screen shot of each level will do) and i'll come up with something interesting for you, you dont have to use it if you dont like it of course but yeah i'll try come up with some names for you :D

What I actually meant was that someone gives me a title and maybe a short list of details and I would in turn design a level around it and name that person as the author of the level.

For example, sicrow7 gave me the title idea "Deja Vu" and from that I'm going to make a level with a whole bunch of Crystal Disruptor power-ups, where if the player hits one, he must start all over again because the crystal warps to a spot where it cannot be reached.

Shr1nkyd1nk

« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2011, 09:55:35 pm »

Well about that...

I can come up with good level names *takes out theasaurus* just send me some pics and i'll figure something out, it's just that i dont feel like beating or just playing another game now cuz im stuck with boshy, but i promise i'll play it later!

About the level designing, hmmm, well i can do some O K levels, depends how difficult you want me to make them, lets just say i'm not so creative, but i'll figure something out when i get some free time

YoSniper

• View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
Re: Detonation Zone *ALPHA 6.1, LEVELS, TITLES, AND IDEAS STILL NEEDED*
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2011, 07:31:01 pm »

Message to give attention to alpha 6.1 because 6.0 had flaws.

Also, my sprite artist has told me that the cutscene went nowhere near what he was envisioning, so I will be editing that for alpha 7 when it comes around.

Indigo Blue

• That fucking chilean dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2011, 01:22:00 pm »

Message to give attention to alpha 6.1 because 6.0 had flaws.

Also, my sprite artist has told me that the cutscene went nowhere near what he was envisioning, so I will be editing that for alpha 7 when it comes around.

i think i have kind of the same opinion, i think the cutscene gows too fast, and it needs more images and animation, so if you got to skype i can help you more, i can improove what i did or help you whit more parts for the cutscene.

PD: i think your problem was thta you made the cutcene go too fast, sometimes it feels like it just teleports to other locations and it feels weird XD
"im going to write this here so i dont have to say it always:
SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH"

Fred-eye-inc

« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2011, 01:28:25 pm »

"Mirror Madness" A level where your controls are reversed.

"Reactor Rewind" Start at the reactor and do the level backwards returning to the start. Controls are not reversed.

"Losing Light" The level slowly dims to a black screen after about a minute or so. The level's interior should be white for impact.

"Physics Pandemonium" Play the level with an increasing randoms set of physics. One second gravity might be so much you can't jump the next you could be zooming at the speed of light with your new found walking speeds.

YoSniper

• View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2011, 02:29:15 pm »

i think i have kind of the same opinion, i think the cutscene gows too fast, and it needs more images and animation, so if you got to skype i can help you more, i can improove what i did or help you whit more parts for the cutscene.

PD: i think your problem was thta you made the cutcene go too fast, sometimes it feels like it just teleports to other locations and it feels weird XD

Yes, I have an idea of how to make the cutscene better, especially given that teal's speech only gives me so much time to work with. My sprite artist suggested that I overlay certain sprites over the audience (which would be the main shot) to emulate a comic-book-like window (which you would also see in Japanese animes.)

The scene with the guards walking to the cell, and the scene with the player in the cell could be extended. The scene where the armor gets bolted onto the player is supposed to be another comic window, but I'm not entirely sure how to fit it in now.

However, I definitely want the last two shots of the cutscene to stay the way they are.

"Mirror Madness" A level where your controls are reversed.

"Reactor Rewind" Start at the reactor and do the level backwards returning to the start. Controls are not reversed.

"Losing Light" The level slowly dims to a black screen after about a minute or so. The level's interior should be white for impact.

"Physics Pandemonium" Play the level with an increasing randoms set of physics. One second gravity might be so much you can't jump the next you could be zooming at the speed of light with your new found walking speeds.

I can definitely see Mirror Madness being a level. You will need to be a little bit more specific regarding Reactor Rewind, because that could be anything. If I were to incorporate "Losing Light" or "Physics Pandemonium" into the game, even though they are great ideas, it would involve putting even more options in the level editor and the level scripts. If I get a high demand for such levels in the future, I will definitely reconsider, but at present, I think the game is complicated enough.

I greatly thank you for your input.

YoSniper

• View Profile
    • My YouTube channel

Everyone, please take the time to participate in the poll. Also, any other suggestions regarding game graphics are welcome.

Thanks!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6