I Wanna Be The Forums!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Gaiden 1.2 patch released. Click here to download!

Author Topic: The fifth boss path: Does it exist?  (Read 5317 times)

Vanigo

• View Profile
The fifth boss path: Does it exist?
« on: October 21, 2007, 11:55:01 pm »

Well, I've knocked off Mike Tyson, Mecha Birdo, Mother Brain, and the Clown Copter, and also gotten through what there is of the unfinished path, but I can't even begin to figure out where the fifth completed boss is hiding. Here's what I've done so far:

Beaten every boss except Mother Brain at least twice. (Mother Brain's path closes off after you beat her, so I think we can safely assume that the fifth boss is not along that route.)
Mapped out every screen I've found. It's not just a two-dimensional map; there are some rooms that would overlap if everything fit together like you might expect.
Combed several rooms for invisible blocks: The two rooms on the way to the Game Over room, the Zelda room, the Zelda cave room, and the room right after Mike Tyson.
Pushed at every open-looking wall I can reach.
Tried to jump off the ceiling of the room before Mike Tyson. You can get up there by jumping from the second moving platform onto the top of the second block with a spike coming from the bottom, but the top of the screen seems solid.
Got Gutsman to hit those mysterious spikes that fall on you if you double jump in the right spot in that room.

At this point, I'm beginning to seriously question whether this alleged boss actually exists, or whether the assertion on the website is simply a cruel lie, in keeping with the theme of the game. Has anyone found anything anywhere that even hints at the existence of another path somewhere?

Kayin

• Well.. They're more like giant cherries...
  • Administrator
  • The Guy
    • View Profile
Re: The fifth boss path: Does it exist?
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2007, 01:57:49 am »

All bosses have been discovered by players. To give you a hint, it is in an area covered by 2 paths and should be fairly obvious once it is openned. The path has to be oppened to proceed.

As for the map, no rooms over lap. I made a shitty map at one point and used arrows to put the whole thing together. I'll release one around when the game is fully completeable.

Vanigo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2007, 02:14:24 am »

All bosses have been discovered by players. To give you a hint, it is in an area covered by 2 paths and should be fairly obvious once it is openned. The path has to be oppened to proceed.
The gutsman room? That's the one I've been confused by, what with those spikes that serve no apparent purpose, I just can't figure out anything to do there. Gutsman definitely can't be dodged; you actually get paralyzed just before he falls...

As for the map, no rooms over lap. I made a shitty map at one point and used arrows to put the whole thing together. I'll release one around when the game is fully completeable.
By arrows, I guess you mean that there are some screen transitions that don't move you to an adjacent room? It comes to much the same thing, really.

Kayin

• Well.. They're more like giant cherries...
  • Administrator
  • The Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2007, 02:28:02 am »

The spikes in the guts man room are a glitch. I really need to update all the spikes to the new setup I use in later levels. Far far more reliable. I didn't know about it though until just now. Thanks for the heads up.

I'll just give you a break. Try the fan room.

Vanigo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2007, 11:20:30 pm »

Dammit, I should have seen that...

SWEETPIPES

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2007, 08:16:25 am »

Do you mean the fan room with the on/off button which is the screen right before the room of the guy?
I've checked that fan room quite thoroughly, but found nothing.
Thanks!

Xylon Lionheart

• Maieusiophilia!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2007, 11:10:06 am »

Do you mean the fan room with the on/off button which is the screen right before the room of the guy?
I've checked that fan room quite thoroughly, but found nothing.
Thanks!

If you seriously can't figure it out with us giving you the room, I don't know what to tell you.

Ah well, I'll give you another clue.

It has something to do with Ryu.

SWEETPIPES

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2007, 10:43:25 pm »

Beat it! :)
omg, I cant believe I missed that,
you were right, it is pretty obvious
Thanks!

Getsuga999tenshou

• I WANNA BE THE GUY....BUT I SUCK AT THIS GAME!!
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt page
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2008, 12:35:28 am »

lol my icons is teh ryu spin kick thing lol i loved tht part of the game so i had to get the icon of it