I Wanna Be The Forums!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Chat button has been eaten. Click here to join in the idling fun!

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Undertale  (Read 11644 times)

LOLGAMMER

• aka lolgamer
    • View Profile
Re: Undertale
« Reply #60 on: December 17, 2015, 10:59:43 am »

This game just won the Best Game Ever award in GameFAQs, beating Ocarina of time with a score of %57. What the actual fuck?
GameFAQs hasn't been reliable since 2005
I actually prefer Undertale to OoT, that wasn't the point. I was shocked 'cause I always thought that the OoT fanbase were unbeatable, no matter what happens. I was %100 that OoT would win, turns out I was wrong.

Alpha

• Prophet of Doom
  • The world is a vampire.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 07, 2016, 07:56:04 pm »

No fucking joke I basically know the entire game and I've never played because no one will shut the fuck up about it

telemorph

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 09, 2016, 07:10:00 pm »

it's an ok game

Kloud

• PRO
  • The Guy
  • I hate myself
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 10, 2016, 02:57:16 pm »

^ Very good review. I'm actually starting up another play-through was going to do a pacifist, but I feel likeKILLINGI'm kinda bummed i'll never get the true pacifist ending, and i dont really wanna watch the end boss for the pacifist run but that's kinda why i'm doing a geno run since i know sans was such a challenge compared to flowey.

Rarest Pepe

• IT BEGINS
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 11, 2016, 01:25:38 pm »

I feel bad for the people that haven't played the game, because now they've "heard" about it, and they don't want to play the game because of what they've heard and seen, when it really just is different when you play the game.

The worst part is all the streams and lets plays of it, which will ALWAYS be walking spoilers even in the fucking thumbnails (See: Steam Train "genocide" playthrough), because everyone knows by now, right? I just wish that for once, there'd be a big game that didn't get livestreamed a lot or lets played a lot so that new people could just see the whimsy of it themselves instead of looking at someone else playing it and going "This is shit, i'm not going to be emotionally invested in this"

LOLGAMMER

• aka lolgamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 11, 2016, 01:55:46 pm »

I completely agree, IGN. I think the reason behind that is the Undertale fanbase. This game has the dubious honor of spawning one of the most cancerous communities I've ever seen. They just won't shut up about it and they'll spoil everything unintentionally. (e.g the game only points out the pacifist ending after you've done the neutral but the fanbase will suggest that you must ABSOLUTELY do pacifist for your first playthrough or else you're doing it wrong.)

Garrettp375

• Spagargus was a dead meme. Its gone.
    • View Profile
    • My twitch!
« Reply #66 on: January 11, 2016, 02:37:42 pm »

While im in the fanbase i'm not one of those kids who thinks it's the best ever, while it's good, what makes it good is the idea of choice, which is why it sucks when i see someone like "NO, DONT KILL!!!!1!!11"

Kloud

• PRO
  • The Guy
  • I hate myself
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 12, 2016, 12:22:34 am »

I heard so much about it before I played it and almost refused to playthrough it, but i gave it a chance. Luckily i didn't watch any video's on it until I played through it twice and then I looked at some of the other endings. It does kind of spoil it though I know what you mean, my best friend refuses to play it until markiplier finishes a letsplay of it. I mean it's not her kind of game but still i feel like if shse gave it a chance it would be cool, like she can appreciate it but it's just one of those games you watch someone else play in her eyes. I mean i kinda refused to play it at first because of all the hype and how mainstream it was, but eventually i played it and fell in love with it, which i think happens to most people who haven't watched anything on it yet but have seen/heard the unavoidable fanbased hypetrain. it's sort of a shame but I mean people will like what they like, but i think the fanbase ruins it for a lot of people unfortunately

Katz

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 12, 2016, 11:01:03 am »

It's what happens with a multi-progressive story line. If there's a golden story to a movie/game/any sort of entertainment that just recently came out, it is essentially inevitable for spoiled material (taking the new star wars as an obvious example). As for bases, they ruin everything because the shitty prepubescent populous that sticks their R34 everywhere they need be.
Join the official IWBTF discord server! https://discord.me/iwbtg
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]