I Wanna Be The Forums!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Chat button has been eaten. Click here to join in the idling fun!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9

Author Topic: I Wanna be Easy (DONE, updated) (16-12-2012)  (Read 66502 times)

Fred-eye-inc

Re: I Wanna be Easy! BETA 1.1!
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2010, 08:07:25 am »

I think you should make some games in gamemaker before attempting this. If your asking for help with "rooms" you cleary don't know a lot of gamemaker.

El Barto

• Getting owned by cherries and spikes.
    • View Profile
Re: I Wanna be Easy! BETA 2.0
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2010, 10:55:40 pm »

Thank you for fixing the warp, sdz!

No problem!  :)

Is a really good game, when you need my help just send me a message.  ;D
« Last Edit: December 05, 2010, 11:34:13 pm by sdz »

Fred-eye-inc

« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2010, 03:32:05 am »

This isn't a "really good game". This is poorly designed , eye cancerous , way too easy and there hasn't been any work put into it because it's two rooms big.

El Barto

• View Profile
Re: I Wanna be Easy! BETA 1.0
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2010, 09:05:18 am »

This isn't a "really good game". This is poorly designed , eye cancerous , way too easy and there hasn't been any work put into it because it's two rooms big.
All have opinions, I gave mine, and I wonder why instead of criticizing his game and my opinions you give some ideas? If you dont like the game, just dont comment or just leave a opinion of what should he have to do in the game, not only say than "This is poorly designed , eye cancerous [...]", basically you are saying than this is crap ¿What kind of opinion is that? Its unhelpful.

Thats my opinion. :)

core

• pls come back
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2010, 11:29:08 am »

Is this your first project in GM? If so, do what I did.
Drop this project, then continue it after you have made some simpler games. My advice.
Join the official IWBTF discord server!
Quote from: Yb
That was fucking obnoxious

Fred-eye-inc

« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2010, 11:40:36 am »

All have opinions, I gave mine, and I wonder why instead of criticizing his game and my opinions you give some ideas? If you dont like the game, just dont comment or just leave a opinion of what should he have to do in the game, not only say than "This is poorly designed , eye cancerous [...]", basically you are saying than this is crap ¿What kind of opinion is that? Its unhelpful.

I never said your opinion was wrong or criticsized it. Don't tell me my opinions are wrong and unhelpful, if he wants to make a good game he should clear whats wrong with it. Which is what I said. They're the ideas. Don't tell me what to do I can comment if I like. I told him what's wrong with it. The game's colours are too bright , the music is too loud , it's badly designed (It almost basically  copied the original engine) , it's too easy for an iwbtg fangame I finished it in one life and it looks like he spent about 2 hours work on it.

He should:
Change the colours so they are still original but not so bright , quieten the music (You can't hear any sound effects) , get rid of the unoriginal traps , clean up the scruffy animation , make his rooms fresh and not using the engine rooms as a base (The rooms were ther eot show the capability of the engine , not for people to cheaply edit and call a game) , make the gme so it has some sort of challenge even if it is still considered easy and make it longer.

Do all that and he'll mke his game a lot better. He should also read this http://kayin.pyoko.org/iwbtg/forums/index.php?topic=9717.45

My opinion is that you shouldn't give people lectures on stuff you clearly misunderstood.

Also i agree with チェーンソー  in that he should learn some game make before attmepting a game.

Nickshrike

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2010, 01:52:17 pm »

Ok, first of all: in the megaman area there is extreme lag it took me about 2 minutes to walk in a straight line from one side of the room to the other and the player sprite is shit since it changes everytime you stay still and the level design is like my first game which i never released XD(full of invisible blocks)
I did like the sprites though :P and the idea

El Barto

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2010, 04:40:15 pm »

I never said your opinion was wrong or criticsized it. Don't tell me my opinions are wrong and unhelpful, if he wants to make a good game he should clear whats wrong with it. Which is what I said. They're the ideas. Don't tell me what to do I can comment if I like. I told him what's wrong with it. The game's colours are too bright , the music is too loud , it's badly designed (It almost basically  copied the original engine) , it's too easy for an iwbtg fangame I finished it in one life and it looks like he spent about 2 hours work on it.

He should:
Change the colours so they are still original but not so bright , quieten the music (You can't hear any sound effects) , get rid of the unoriginal traps , clean up the scruffy animation , make his rooms fresh and not using the engine rooms as a base (The rooms were ther eot show the capability of the engine , not for people to cheaply edit and call a game) , make the gme so it has some sort of challenge even if it is still considered easy and make it longer.

Do all that and he'll mke his game a lot better. He should also read this http://kayin.pyoko.org/iwbtg/forums/index.php?topic=9717.45

My opinion is that you shouldn't give people lectures on stuff you clearly misunderstood.

Also i agree with チェーンソー  in that he should learn some game make before attmepting a game.

Now i agree with you. :)

I dont say than your comment was wrong, i just say than you have to give him some ideas, thing than you do right now. Well, good bye. :)

superstarjonesbros

• *crack* Punky: "Hey, I see ugly creatures!"
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube page
Re: I Wanna be Easy BETA 4.0!(Not uploaded yet)
« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2011, 08:34:13 am »

From now on:
GIVE ME IDEAS FOR GAMES I SHOULD USE OR THINGS I SHOULD IMPROVE!
Please.
My own games that are worth mentioning and aren't cancelled:

I Wanna be Easy: (DONE)
http://kayin.pyoko.org/iwbtg/forums/index.php?topic=9595.msg265422

Afraid of GHOST: (was bored, good to kill time, cursed black!)
http://kayin.pyoko.org/iwbtg/forums/index.php?topic=12780.0

Random games: (mostly originated from boredom) 
http://kayin.pyoko.org/iwbtg/forums/index.php?topic=17193.0

Fred-eye-inc

« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2011, 08:35:41 am »

We've pretty much said everything to improve in the thread and if there's still things you don't know about check the fangame standards thread for more tips.

superstarjonesbros

• *crack* Punky: "Hey, I see ugly creatures!"
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube page
« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2011, 08:43:57 am »

I mean games I should tribute in my game.
Like Ninja Gaiden, or a Zelda game, even though my next room is the dungeon in Zelda 1, and the boss is coming with it.(Yeah, heard that right, next full beta has a boss)
My own games that are worth mentioning and aren't cancelled:

I Wanna be Easy: (DONE)
http://kayin.pyoko.org/iwbtg/forums/index.php?topic=9595.msg265422

Afraid of GHOST: (was bored, good to kill time, cursed black!)
http://kayin.pyoko.org/iwbtg/forums/index.php?topic=12780.0

Random games: (mostly originated from boredom) 
http://kayin.pyoko.org/iwbtg/forums/index.php?topic=17193.0

Storyyeller

• The Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2011, 10:01:17 am »

Just pick games that you like and you have interesting ideas for. Preferably ones that haven't been done to death already.

Insanity Pie

• People Are Hell
    • View Profile
Re: I Wanna be Easy BETA 4.0!
« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2011, 01:11:11 pm »

I like what you're doing, but I think you could make it just a bit more challenging. Or if you don't want to make it harder could you make the extreme easiness funnier. Ideas: Enemies that come out of nowhere right at you and say hello pass right through you, Triggers that go around you in a circle that never touch you, Enemies that shoot some kind of weird projectile that makes no sense that doesn't kill you. If you make a boss you should have it look so overpowered in the beginning and then it turns out to be pathetic. It would be so awesome if you build off any of these ideas or come up with your own in making the easiness hilarious :D.

El Barto

• View Profile
Re: I Wanna be Easy BETA 5.0!
« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2011, 07:33:35 pm »

The v5 looks really cool you improved the sprites, tiles and backgrounds but i didnt like the boss, you should add more atacks and more movement (not necessary to be hard but at least it have to do something more than just float arround and launch spikes).

Btw, i like the changes you did to the controls.exe file.

Ix0r

• View Profile
Re: I Wanna be Easy BETA 8.1!
« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2012, 10:02:13 pm »

To be honest I think you should make it Medium difficulty and make it so you can expand ya life bar to make it somewhat easy and also a taste of hardness. (GOD THAT SOUNDED WRONG!)

EDIT: I find it rather fun to play. Also Ghost was a really cool boss. Not because of the battle but because of the refrence to Pokemon Cursed Black  ;D
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 10:05:01 pm by Ix0r »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9