I Wanna Be The Forums!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Gaiden 1.2 patch released. Click here to download!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8

Author Topic: Worst experience in IWBTG? (SPOILER-HEAVY)  (Read 38301 times)

redrampager

• View Profile
Worst experience in IWBTG? (SPOILER-HEAVY)
« on: March 16, 2008, 05:43:28 pm »

What was the worst experience you've ever had in IWBTG?  List multiple ones if you can't think of just one.  :D

Mine was
in the Megaman 2 area after Kraidgief, I spent a lot of time pondering whether to go right (to the lasers) or down (to the spike drop and metroid.) I went down, got it on my first try (Very Hard mode) and as I walked through the door to the area with the disappearing blocks, I got killed by a Geemer that had walked up from the Metroid stage.  It took me about 20 more deaths to get it.  -_-

How about you guys?  I know there has to be a lot of them.

Yule

• Chaotic Evil Moderator
  • The Guy
  • Ooh La La
    • View Profile
Re: Worst experience in IWBTG? (SPOILER-HEAVY)
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2008, 05:47:31 pm »

Oh boy, this is going to be a popular topic.

My worst experience would have to be the first time I beat The Guy,
my comp screwed up during the credits and the portrait didn't show up.
Luckily after a maddened tirade I look on the forums and felt stupid about
the fact that it was a quick and simple fix.  It wasn't that bad afterall.
"I'm pretty sure the microwave fucks with my internet, hold on for like a minute thirty to microwave my spaghetti." - Rob Lineback 2014

dsk

• Lawful Evil Moderator
  • Global Moderator
  • The Guy
  • Like a phoenix
    • View Profile
    • Youtube videos!
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2008, 05:55:31 pm »

The reason that I stopped playing... My comp fucked up and my save dissapeared. At the Dragon Devil.

redrampager

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2008, 05:57:51 pm »

Jesus tittyfucking christ...

That's a terrible one...

TheThought

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2008, 06:18:37 pm »

I killed the 6 bosses to get to The Guy's castle.

Then it says I only killed two of them.
I got irritated, then went "hardcore", starting a new save file and only taking 5 hours to get to The Guy's castle.

Then spent 5-8PM in The Guy's castle.

Then spent 8-10:30PM fighting The Guy.
Then spent 10:30-11:15-ishPM fighting him again because his portrait didn't show up.

unreal

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2008, 06:50:32 pm »

Probably going through the whole graveyard and having mecha Birdo freeze up every fucking time I fought her!!! And right now I have a quick question, how the fuck do you double jump after wall jumping off the yellow and black walls? I'm pressing the jump button but I won't freaking jump. I just ripped out my R key trying to get the couch secret item cause I won't fucking double jump.

Supa

• <3
    • View Profile
    • Supa's deviantArt Gallery
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2008, 07:09:30 pm »

You have to save your second jump. Jump once onto the hazard stripe, then continue on, then when you have to double jump, use your second jump and voila, there you go.

For me, the hardest part was definitely the first time I went through the Ghosts and Goblins area. It took me more than 600 tries to get past the whole thing. That was the area that I started to lose it. The second hardest part was Dracula, I was just extremely frustrated because I suck at dodging his double pearl attack. Other than that, none of the other areas made me swear at it.

Driden

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2008, 07:51:44 pm »

Sequence 3 of the cart ride to the castle. I always seemed to get caught up at the very beginning or the very end of that segment.

Rad

• The Guy
  • Radical Dood
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2008, 07:57:35 pm »

doing all Ghosts n Goblins in 1 life, but fucking up by a friend pressing Q, just to piss me off.
I punched him in the bawls.
but when i tried GnG again.
i spent an hour there.
bitch.
"I want Rad's dick."

redrampager

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2008, 09:39:01 pm »

doing all Ghosts n Goblins in 1 life, but fucking up by a friend pressing Q, just to piss me off.
I punched him in the bawls.
but when i tried GnG again.
i spent an hour there.
bitch.

Dude...  ouch.

I didn't have much trouble with the GnG area.  I mean I DID, in particular the dancing spikes and the Ninja Gaiden birds, but after a while, you just fall into this zen trance state where  you just do it.

Also the razor cliff.  That thing made me almost jump out of my seat and thrash my computer.

Almost.

Elman

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2008, 10:25:41 am »

Mike Tyson. I couldn't stand him, since he was my first boss fight >_< I eventually learnt the pattern, but I wasn't used to bosses as hard as that one ;D (And yes, I know he was the easiest one xD)

Also, I used the S key to skip some animations during the fight. It's handy at the beginning, but after that it resets the battle every time you press it :(

Willy was a pain in the ass too. Bowser and Wart were really easy, but you had to play through them every single time you got killed fighting Willy, and that sucked >_< Specially when, at first, I thought you couldn't hurt him while he was dropping the ball (Since I kept trying to do it from the left side of the platform, and it was out of range)...

Oh, and Kirby's Nightmareland before I learnt how to walljump properly (Instead of keeping Shift pressed, I pressed it just before jumping. So it was a lot harder, but I still managed to do it... Except for the last jump, which is when I learnt how to do it properly, a bit too late >_<).
« Last Edit: March 17, 2008, 10:30:30 am by Elman »

Dagnarok

• Neutral Good Moderator
  • Administrator
  • The Guy
  • Commander of the USP Talon
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2008, 11:39:53 am »

Even though Mother Brain was the hardest part of the game for me, it certainly wasn't the worst experience.

I have 3 I could pick from;

1) MineCart Ride - 3rd section:  I ended up saving right in front and slightly above the 1st block at the first set of ropes/vines, and half the time I got stuck on that block.  The next 40% was me never making it to the next set of vines.  So 90% of the time I basically spent pressing R for no real reason other than generally stupidity for that 40% >_>  (This is back on the old frame-skip version, one of the first releases of the game)

2) Kirby's "Dream" Land:  That section isn't even hard... but still, I died Died dIed diEd dieD DIED!!!!  Frustration on something easy usually leads to terrible gaming experience.

3) Koopa Klown Kar:  Stupid bowling ball....  I don't remember the last time I used swear words so much in my life... or had such a hard time jumping. :P

On a random note, the best experience in the game for me was fighting Dracula in all his random gloryness. :D
Quote from: Tilyami
Shuu is like the monkey's paw if the monkey's paw was a partridge.

Kitty

• What a furry.
  • Administrator
  • The Guy
  • ねこみみん is happy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2008, 01:10:06 pm »

No contest for me. The spike corridor in the GnG area.
It made me quit the game for a month and a half, I go so frustrated. I probably would've quit the game for good if I hadn't been active here, lol.

The only other parts I had real trouble with were Mother Brain and Dracula on Very Hard, simply because you weren't allowed to make a single mistake in the entire area or you'd go back to the start.
So adorable! <333
Quote from: Zuks
Quote from: Cat
I think it's raining.
Are you sure there isn't just some weird sky leak above your head?

Dagnarok

• Neutral Good Moderator
  • Administrator
  • The Guy
  • Commander of the USP Talon
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2008, 02:04:08 pm »

I guess I can throw in one more. :P

4)  Vic Viper Room:  WHY DID I DIE SO MANY FUCKING TIMES IN THAT ROOM!?!?!!  WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY!?!!!?!!?  I can't explain why I kept dying in there... I just... did....  And all I did was move backwards....  :'( :'( :'( :'(
Quote from: Tilyami
Shuu is like the monkey's paw if the monkey's paw was a partridge.

Yule

• Chaotic Evil Moderator
  • The Guy
  • Ooh La La
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2008, 02:10:09 pm »

The hardest part for me was learning how to wall jump.
I spent a whole hour and a half jumping around like
a retard until I finally got it.  Then I got to the place
right before Kraidgief and had a heart attack.

Nowadays I can get to Kraidgief with no deaths.
Feel so proud. :D
"I'm pretty sure the microwave fucks with my internet, hold on for like a minute thirty to microwave my spaghetti." - Rob Lineback 2014
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8