I Wanna Be The Forums!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Gaiden 1.2 patch released. Click here to download!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

Author Topic: Worst experience in IWBTG? (SPOILER-HEAVY)  (Read 38300 times)

redrampager

• View Profile
Re: Worst experience in IWBTG? (SPOILER-HEAVY)
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2008, 07:16:47 pm »

I think the only real reason I haven't had all these problems myself was probably because I have the slomo.  And from playing Life Force and the like, I knew to avoid the walls when I saw Vic Viper.

Also, on Wily's second tirade (after he launches the first ball) If you just stay midway between the middle and the right of the platform, give or take a few steps, his fireballs eventually go on either side of you and you don't have to move.  :D  Only way I was really able to beat him.

Christ the guy is hard...

Rad

• The Guy
  • Radical Dood
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2008, 07:43:49 pm »

life force, also known as salamander, was an AYMAY-ZING game.
i love all the gradius and salamander games.
"I want Rad's dick."

Midgetto52

• Personal text? What?
    • View Profile
    • Zomg, myspace. o.0
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2008, 10:58:18 pm »

It comes as a tie between Dracula's section on Very Hard, and the GnG section on Very Hard, both of which have such freaking spaced out save points.  When I learned I wouldn't be allowed to save right before Dracula... I died a little on the inside.  He always was the hardest boss to me; now, he's even harder for me to beat than The Guy is, I think. 

And GnG... do I have to explain?  But like I've said countless times on these forums: I've got the spike corridor down.  But basically because I played it OVER 9000 times on Medium to practice up for Very Hard.  But that was really the only section I felt the need to "practice," haha...

But one of the worst experiences... freezing up by the time you get to Birdo in Very Hard (which happened all too frequently), being unable to get to a particular secret item because I hadn't downloaded the right version... man, I've got tons.
You know you've played this game too much when you start refusing to go into the produce section of grocery stores...

Rad

• The Guy
  • Radical Dood
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2008, 12:01:15 am »

"I want Rad's dick."

redrampager

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2008, 10:03:35 pm »

Haha OVER 9000 *scouter breaks*

I'm lucky, I downloaded a good one right off the bat.  Not the fs which drop you through platforms and such.

King of Solomon

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2008, 10:39:11 pm »

Mother Brain.  That drove me insane to unheard of levels.  I almost started crying (thankfully, I calmed myself down before I did).

Nator!

• Tilde Enigma
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2008, 01:14:40 am »

Mother Brain. Hands-f**king down.
I have never "raged" from a game before, but the danged Metroid section was basically laughing at me the whole time... I felt a great weight lift from my self as I delivered the final blow to her... Mass.

Vashie-kun

• I Hate The Guy
    • View Profile
    • Vashie's MySpace
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2008, 03:56:59 am »

Fucking Wily.

I can get through Bowser easily, and sometimes with some issues with Wart, since my trigger finger isn't what it used to be anymore.

Wily and his god damn bowling balls and his fire flowers and all of that shit.

And the Mega Man lasers...I have nightmares of Quick Man when I go to sleep now.

Elman

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2008, 09:48:33 am »

Mother Brain. Hands-f**king down.
I have never "raged" from a game before, but the danged Metroid section was basically laughing at me the whole time... I felt a great weight lift from my self as I delivered the final blow to her... Mass.

Same here. I was so happy I tried to rush out of her room to save, and got killed by the explosion so I had to kill her again ;D

Still, it wasn't my worst experience in the game, not at all. I actually think I enjoyed it, just like the Guy fight :P

Ben Sheffield

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2008, 05:37:34 pm »

Mother Brain is a pain in the neck. It would be easy without the fireballs, or the lava, or the target-seekers, but not with all three at the time.

Some parts like the Tetris area and the disappearing block segments gave me trouble, but once you learn the pattern they're easy.

I'd say the hardest part is the second Kirby area after the Tetris puzzle. Those climbable walls just fuck me up over and over...I got through this one through sheer luck and would seriously rather beat The Guy again rather than re-play that area.

daanteb

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2008, 12:04:13 pm »

Because I saw a couple of vids on youtube it took me like only 20-30 tries to beat the GUY, but then the friggin portrait didn't show!! ARGH

Then it took me about 300 more tries before I killed him again  >:(

redrampager

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2008, 02:11:30 pm »

New worst experience.  Or at least on par.

In the minecart ride, I shot myself off of the caution railing onto the corner of the minecart, which, by some horrible twisted logic, sent me rocketing at a bed of spikes.

FIVE FREAKING TIMES.

Krimsin

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2008, 11:14:52 am »

for the longest time, i always shot too slowly and ended up just giving up on blowing up the stupid thing and did a tricky jump where i ran off the left side of the platform just as the bullet went over me, then at the last second double jumped back onto the platform. This actually works, but DAMN is it hard to time just right. It makes that boss fight take twice as long due to restarts.

YouKnowWho

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2008, 08:14:21 pm »

I didn't read all of the posts so I don't know if this happened to anyone else.  Anyway, I think I have the worst.  I beat The Guy and was so proud of myself, watching the credits roll.  Then just as Tyson pops up on the credits, my game freezes up.  I have a video of it on YouTube right here: http://youtube.com/watch?v=X_HrNWLk4aM.

Another time that kind of sucked, if you don't think that that sucked enough was the time when I had the perfect opportunity to finish The Guy.  He had one eye left, the homing balls were far away, he just shot his teeth and a fire ball ABOVE me and I had open shots at the last eye.  Game = frozen.  :'(

Either way I ended up beating The Guy twice.  :kid:

Yule

• Chaotic Evil Moderator
  • The Guy
  • Ooh La La
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2008, 09:42:28 pm »

Lol that happened to me to.
"I'm pretty sure the microwave fucks with my internet, hold on for like a minute thirty to microwave my spaghetti." - Rob Lineback 2014
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8